TheAdorkableNerd
Bagelmaster10

Is Derpy Hooves Best Pony?

TheAdorkableNerd

TheAdorkableNerd

Con

Today we will be discussing if Derpy is best pony. I, for one, think not. If anyone is willing to debate, then I'd like to let you know that this is only the confirmation round, there's no arguing in round one.
Bagelmaster10

Pro

I shall accept this challenge! Derpy Hooves is best pony, no doubt about it.
TheAdorkableNerd

Con

Thanks for accepting!
You can use any evidence you please, canon or not.
No Character Development- In canon, she has little to no character development. In her few appearances, she hasn't changed. Compared to another character, say Rarity, she seems like a pony with a weaker overall character, as Rarity has a stronger character, shown several times, such as S.S (http://tinyurl.com...).
Even in HC, Derpy is used similar to a pop culture ref., usually being treated as a joke.
Bagelmaster10

Pro

Derpy might not be as well developed as say, one of the Mane Six- however I claim that that is what makes her he best pony! Without any character development, she has been able to become as big a symbol- maybe more so- as one of the mane six. The lack of canon development also allows the fanbase to create their own stories.
TheAdorkableNerd

Con

Derpy can be used for HC
This IS true, but I have 2 points to refute that.
1. Any background pony, even one of the Mane Six, could easily be put into HC. They can also be put into HC just as well as Derpy, so wouldn't that mean they could be best pones, too?
2.Derpy, as I said earlier, is usually used as a gag in HC or she has the same 'goofy' personality. Pinkie Pie, however, can have multiple personalities, it just depends on the writer.
Sorry about the 500 character limit , I know it sucks.
Bagelmaster10

Pro

I still claim that derpy has developed gags (i.e muffins) that main character ponies cannot even begin to gain. This will bring me to my second point- the fact that derpy is disabled.

The fact that the writers left derpy as a disabled pony after realising the error and adressed the fan's outcries by keeping her a s a side character shows a deeper level of respect then the main six can get across.
Posted by TheAdorkableNerd 2 years ago
TheAdorkableNerd
I agree 100% @9spaceking
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lol, derpy is nowhere near the best pony.
Vote Placed by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
TheAdorkableNerdBagelmaster10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CON used actual points, while it seemed that PRO was very opinionated and also CON refuted PRO and his arguments.