LDG
wildmanc

Is Disney really that great?

LDG

Con

I have never been a fan of Disney. Sure, there animation is great. But I find them to be heavily over-rated. A majority of it's dynasty is built upon princess movies, while timeless in the eyes of the public, have very little appeal to anybody outside the demographic. Not to mention the countless amount of merchandise that drives them into questionable territory. I also find that what Disney use to do great is now being done by Pixar. Wall-E, The Incredibles, and Toy Story are good examples. And need I mention their brutal levels of copyright enforcement that would make the gestapo jealous?
wildmanc

Pro

I get that you don't like Disney but they made those for small children, they probably weren't thinking about how other age groups were going to react.
LDG

Con

That makes no sense, Walt Disney himself said "I don"t believe in playing down to children, either in life or in motion pictures. I didn"t treat my own youngsters like fragile flowers, and I think no parent should."
wildmanc

Pro

wildmanc forfeited this round.
LDG

Con

LDG forfeited this round.
wildmanc

Pro

wildmanc forfeited this round.