Starwarsfan
gamestar

Is Disney ruining star wars for the millennial generation?

Starwarsfan has forfeited round #4.
Started: 3/20/2017 Category: Movies

Starwarsfan

Pro

As an 18 year old star wars fan, I can easily say yes Disney is killing the magic for me. Don't get me wrong, they've done good things like making The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but my grievances are in other departments. My biggest concern is the EU. I was livid when Disney made nearly everything "Legends". That just goes to show the only legitimate content is whatever they make. Whether you read the thousands of books, comics, or played the games like Knights of the Old Republic, you felt immersed in star wars in a way the movies couldn't make you feel. I understand Disney's logic here, they're trying to appeal to the young and upcoming fans primarily, I can't deny its a fantastic business decision. They shot down so many good games just to make their watered down cash-grab version of "Battlefront." Back when lucasarts was independent they were making high quality games simultaneously, plus it didn't take as many years for their sequels. I think what bothers me the most is that my believed old republic era is now obsolete. Such remembered and loved characters like bastila and hk-47 are now gone. They were part of what made me such a fan. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original trilogy and I didn't mind the prequels, but the old Republic was a place and era with such wonderful memories and such wasted potential, all thanks to the mouse in the high castle.
gamestar

Con

I watched the star wars movies by Disney and thought they were awesome overall even though they killed off the best character Han Solo they are mostly the same as the old ones very good
Starwarsfan

Pro

So just cause the movies were good of legitimizes them scrapping past standing timelines and characters? Star wars is a universe, not a story.
gamestar

Con

i am not talking about the games those are stupid the movies are well written and have a great story i am sorry if u think differently jj abrams is a great director
Starwarsfan

Pro

Sticking just off the movies isn't what makes Star Wars what it is. Its more then just movies, it's about the stories independent writers make. Besides, JJ Abrams simply just copied off of A New Hope and made a few changes.
gamestar

Con

with the force awakens true but rouge one was awesome
Posted by RC-9282 10 months ago
RC-9282
Force Awakens was trash.