Is Donald J. Trump Fitted For Being President of the United States of America?

Greetings! I am looking forward to this debate! Below is my argument, and I wish my opponent the best of luck.

Donald Jr. Trump is a complete embarrassment to US Politics. Constantly reminding people how rich he is in debates, and treating the other candidates like a third grader, Donald Trump as president, would be the greatest mistake of the century.

His voters claim that he "speaks the truth." Since when has Donald Trump ever told the truth? From false statements that President Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States, to labeling all Mexicans as "rapists", Donald Trump is anything, but honest. Also, he tends to change his opinions in different political subjects to gain more supporters. How can we trust Donald Trump as president, when he keeps on finding loopholes through his outrageous statements?

Also, supporters of Donald Trump state that he is "not a racist." Have they seen Donald Trump anywhere during his political campaign? A couple months, he stated that if he was president, he was going to "ban all Muslims from the United States." Does Mr. Trump realize that there are millions of Muslims in the United States, who are not affiliated with any terrorism? Also, Donald Trump made a loop hole around answering the question, "should he deny David Duke"s support (retired "Grand Wizard" of the Ku Klux Klan)" by stating that he doesn"t know the guy. Even though Donald Trump"s father, was arrested in being part of a KKK assault in 1927 New York, he has no clue of who David Duke is. That makes total sense. I believe that any candidate running for president should immediately deny the support of any extreme racists.

It is said in the Declaration of Independence that "all men are created equal." If Donald Trump's goal is to be president, he should start acting like one. One of the main presidential responsibilities is agreeing and supporting the laws, documents, and amendments of the United States of America. Donald Trump, is one of the people who will not comply. His main goal is to build a wall to stop illegal immigrants to come into the United States. Not to mention his constant racist insults directed towards specific ethnic groups that are trying to find shelter in America. What Donald Trump forgets is that we or our ancestors were all immigrants once, trying to find independence as well.

Bottom line, Donald Trump is not fit for being the President of the United States of America.

( )
( )
( )
( )

Unbeknownst to Con, this debate is decidedly in my favor.

Since Con failed to define the resolution, I will define it.

Resolved: Is Donald J. Trump fitted for being the President of the United States of America?"

The key clause of this resolution is "fitted"; let me define it:

Fitted: "Having the appropriate qualities or skills to do something" [1]

What are the qualities to become President of the USA?

Well, here's the problem. It's subjective. Whether or not a candidate is fitted depends on each voter.
This debate cannot be partisan because it will invoke the biases of the readers. This debate will likely become a pointless Republican vs. Democrat debate without objective criteria.

Yet, fortunately, there is a threefold objective criteria for becoming the President of the United States.

It's in the U.S. Constitution (Article II, Section 1):

1. The candidate must be a natural born citizen.
2. The candidate must be at least 35 years old.
3. The candidate must have at least resided in the United States for fourteen years prior.

Donald J. Trump fulfills all of these requirements:

First of all, Donald Trump is a natural born citizen.

"Mr. Trump was born in Queens, New York. " [2]

According to current law, Mr. Trump would qualify as a natural born citizen. [3]

Secondly, Mr. Trump is older than 35 years of age. He is, in fact, 69. [4]

Thus, Mr. Trump meets the second requirement of the U.S. Constitution.

Lastly, Mr. Trump has definitely been a resident of the United States for well over fourteen years. [5]

Thus, Mr. Trump meets the third and final requirement of the U.S. Constitution.

Everything considered, Donald J. Trump meets all of the U.S. Constitution's requirements and, therefore, fits the objective criteria for running for the position of the President of the United States.

Thanks for reading. I am eager to see how Con will attempt to evade my victorious argument.

I would like to thank Mr.Speaker for accepting this debate! This will be interesting!

And as for my response to your Presidential Requirements points, I completely agree with you. Donald Trump was indeed born in America, 69 years ago, and has been living here for over fourteen years. However, your definition of "fitted", is more than just a background check. It also deals with mental preparedness. Of course, you cannot find this in the U.S. Constitution, but it is vital for being a successful president. And after reviewing my opponent's response, he failed to mention any of that.

Donald J. Trump has been known for his uncalled for outbursts. Calling other candidates and politicians names, stereotyping races, and his usage of vulgar language. Is this the qualities that the President of the United States should have? On the last line in our National Anthem: "The Star Spangled Banner", it says, "o'er the land of the free and the home brave."

Judging from Donald Trump's ideas and attitudes towards our nation's problems, if he will become President of the United States, that last sentence would be stripped from out nation's legacy.

I look forward to my opponent's response.

( )
( )
( )

Let me just make three points of refutation. I believe that'll suffice.

1. "It also deals with mental preparedness."

Do you think Trump is an idiot? Well, I'm sure most Democrats do. But that discussion just drags us into the subjective, partisan argumentation that would unfairly invoke the biases of the voters of this debate.

Instead, we requires some far more objective. Con needs to provide evidence that Trump is not mentally prepared for the White House, like an IQ test or proof of mental disability. Yet, Con has only quoted Trump's campaign promises as proof of mental retardation.

Three counterpoints:

1. Campaign promises are, historically, made to attract votes; many, many promises remain unfulfilled. Thus, what is said hyperbolically is not the best indicator of mental preparedness or the lack thereof.

2. Donald Trump is one of the most successful men in America. If Trump were dumb, it seems unlikely that he could have amassed the fortune and success (not to mention his wife) he currently holds. Trump's affluence speaks at least to his business prowess which, undoubtedly, requires some positive degree of intelligence.

3. Trump is the front-runner of the GOP. Trump's campaign is "YUGE" While Trump's third-grade speech may seem to indicate stupidity, it ought to be remembered that the general American public is, to put it kindly, not very complex. To use complicated words like "sacrifice" or "nationalism" would likely put Trump behind in the polls. Instead, Trump has brilliantly mastered the art of saying quick, brief, and memorable things. Opponents Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have proven themselves inept in this regard. In other words, it takes intelligence to pander successfully to the American public.

Here's a source that proves what I am talking about: [1]

2. "Donald J. Trump has been known for his uncalled for outbursts."

Yes, that is the political genius of Donald Trump. He is getting "free media" (a good thing for campaigns) for uttering controversial statements, like constructing a wall across the border and charging Mexico for the bill.

Yet, if elected, it is unlikely that President Trump would continue to be unruly. The reality of being President would almost certainly pacify Trump. After all, Trump would have to work with Congress, the Executive bureaucracy , and others to get policy done. Trump does not have unilateral authority as president; he can't always have his way.

3. "If [Trump] will become President of the United States, that last sentence [of The Star Spangled Banner] would be stripped from [our] nation's legacy."

Seriously? Isn't this the exact fear-mongering that the Republicans stirred up when Obama was elected in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. I know of one conservative blogger who said that American would become a totalitarian state under President Obama. In fact, as I write this post, I still have free speech. I can still assembly with all of you on this website. In short, very little has changed.

You see, the president only has four to eight years to rule. Compared to dictators, that's not a lot of time at all. Hardly anything can get done because the president is the proverbial captain of a slow-moving oil barge.

Trump will not abolish our Constitution, nor our inalienable rights. Americans have always been a brave and free people (for the most part) and this trend will continue through a Trump administration.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to Round 3.

RapidCurrents forfeited this round.

My arguments stand unchallenged. Con forfeited; I now deserve to win by default.
Posted by Americarnage 7 months ago
Donald Trump is not an embarrassment to U.S. politics. Hillary, Bernie, Sen. Cruz, and Sen. Rubio are an embarassment to U.S. politics with their endless nonsense and non-solutions.
Vote Placed by Stonehe4rt 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: As much as I agree Trump is an idiot, (Acts like a child and argues over the size of his Urethra.... calling other people's ears like Dumbo ears... ect...) Con unfortunately forfeited hence Pro's Arguements still stand. Pro was not refuted properly and had better conduct by not ffing....