JamN
Harambe_666

Is Donald Trump "racist"

Harambe_666 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

JamN

Con

Hi, first of all even though me and whoever decides to join this debate I would like to say thank you anyway and I hope we have a interesting debate.

I would like to start by asking how is Donald trump racist, i see lots of people throwing these "buzzword" labels around like xenophobic, transphobic, sexist, homophobic, racist, misogynistic or whatever they can make up that ends with "phobic" .Which makes me bring up a big question, when has trump ever said that he hates black people or that he hates gays?, In fact, I would say he's the opposite of Homophobic proven by this video right here!

https://www.youtube.com...

Does that sound like he hates gay people?
Harambe_666

Pro

Before I start, I would just like to ensure that this debate stays civilized and respectful for its entire duration. The last debated I had was on a much less political and "touchy" subject, but its contents were quite offensive for some. So, let's make sure that this one stays in the neutral zone.

The definition of the word "racist," according to the Oxford Dictionary, is "a person who behaves violently towards people who belong to a different race, or who treats them unfairly." Donald Trump definitely fits this description.

The most notable of this racial profiling goes to Trump's mistreatment of immigrants. He has repeatedly stated that hispanic immigrants are bringing nothing but crime to the US society, and these statements can be found all around his speeches before and during his presidential run. On June 16, 2015, he started off his presidential campaign with a speech in which he labelled Mexican immigrants as "rapists and criminals." The full quote integrated from his presidential speech is "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." During his entire campaign, he has emphasized this sort of criminality that he is associating with immigrants, but does not pay the same amount of attention to crime amidst majority Americans, because of his racial profiling. That is definitely treating a group unfairly due to their ethnicity or, in other terms, racism. He has also proposed "tagging" muslim Americans, creating a database which would keep track of this minority group with no proof of guilt whatsoever. This is not hard to prove, and it is part of his campaign platform, according to his own website. That is a violation of basic constitutional rights, and the unfair treatment of minorities. He has also pledged to send refugees home, despite rigorous standards of security screening already in place. If that is not considered racism then I don't know what is.

Also, you have to admit that Trump won the US elections with a strategy of divisiveness. Simply look at the recent increase in discrimination against minorities, even in schools. Donald Trump is certainly using this sort of ripping in the fabric of a multicultural society to gain popularity and to assert control. Whether it is or is not his intention, I have a hard time believing that a fair, unprejudiced person would win power at the cost of inciting hate between ethnic and/or religious groups.

Sources, to prove that my arguments are based in proof:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com...
http://www.nytimes.com...
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Tim Kaine shamelessly admitted to his running mate (and potential PRESIDENT) calling a major ethnic group RAPISTS.

Without any dispute, Donald Trump is quite the racist.
JamN

Con

First of all, before I come up with my counter-debate for keeping it civil and using facts instead of blurting out "oh, Donald Trump is racist because I said so!" or something along those lines that hear from most people when we are talking about this subject.

Before I get into any more points I would like to point out something VERY important, you cannot every single thing that trump says seriously. In fact, I think you are quite aware of this where you said, “Also, you have to admit that Trump won the US elections with a strategy of divisiveness”. To go into more detail, Trump has been saying some of the craziest stuff, because guess what? It makes Media headlines and it spreads the message around and in the end, he gets more popularity. At first, this appears it would not make any sense because the media headlines that trump makes are usually negative like in the beginning where he was talking about how Donald Trump wanted to build a wall and everyone thought he was crazy, but in the end it attracts more voters because lots of Americans want change, they don't want the same people who censor themselves because somebody somewhere will get offended. There is more proof to this on his speech after his debate, he acted a lot more civil and didn't say anything crazy that would make Media headlines and had a normal speech.

Now to get back to the topic

for my response, instead of bringing back new pieces, I would like to break down your argument piece by piece and explain to you why you’re wrong.

Introduction:

"Before I start, I would just like to ensure that this debate stays civilized and respectful for its entire duration. The last debated I had was on a much less political and "touchy" subject, but its contents were quite offensive for some. So, let's make sure that this one stays in the neutral zone.” Again, I already covered this in the beginning but I want to keep consistency, and again thank you for keeping civil

"The definition of the word "racist," according to the Oxford Dictionary, is "a person who behaves violently towards people who belong to a different race, or who treats them unfairly." Donald Trump definitely fits this description.” OK I agree that that is the definition of racism, I believe Donald Trump does not fit this description but I will let you bring up your evidence

"The most notable of this racial profiling goes to Trump's mistreatment of immigrants. He has repeatedly stated that Hispanic immigrants are bringing nothing but crime to the US society, and these statements can be found all around his speeches before and during his presidential run". Again, I do not believe this claim, but just like the last point, you covered I will let you continue with your evidence.

"On June 16, 2015, he started off his presidential campaign with a speech in which he labelled Mexican immigrants as "rapists and criminals." The full quote integrated from his presidential speech is "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” First of all, the speech later includes this is what border guards are telling him, this is not his own claims that they are rapist and criminals, I would also like you point out to me were he says the immigrants bring nothing to the table. Along with this, when he says they are bringing crime, he is not being racist it is statistic. In fact, between 2008 and 2014, 40 percent of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34 percent and Arizona 17.8 percent, 12.5% of the population causing an average of 30% of crime is a problem. One big thing I want to put enthusiasm on, is Trump does not have a problem with immigrants, he has a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants.

"During his entire campaign, he has emphasized this sort of criminality that he is associating with immigrants, but does not pay the same amount of attention to crime amidst majority Americans, because of his racial profiling.” I don't quite understand were you’re trying to go with this point, he’s racist because he focuses on crime with immigrants instead of with Americans? , thatch not racist that him just focusing on a certain issue.

"That is definitely treating a group unfairly due to their ethnicity or, in other terms, racism. He has also proposed "tagging" Muslim-Americans, creating a database which would keep track of this minority group with no proof of guilt whatsoever.” First of all, when trump talks about the systems he says that there should be lots of systems. Now this is the hard part, this could be taken as A. Lots of systems for tracking Muslims or B. Systems for tracking people with different origins not just Muslims. Also, if you watched the whole video, you would notice he’s not talking about Muslims and is just brushing the topic away and is mainly talking about illegal immigrants and how to stop them

"This is not hard to prove, and it is part of his campaign platform, according to his own website. That is a violation of basic constitutional rights, and the unfair treatment of minorities. ".For this I have decided we can go through each of his policy one by one.

1."1. Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.“Building a wall is not against constitution rights, and is not unfair to minorities it’s just to keep immigrants out. And because you will probably bring up the Mexico will pay for the wall part, that's not racist it’s just a stupid idea.

2. "2. End catch-and-release. Under a Trump administration, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed out of our country.” Not against constitution or unfair to immigrants, it’s just keeping immigrants out

3."3. Move criminal aliens out day one, in joint operations with local, state, and federal law enforcement. We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly, non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets. “Again targeting illegal immigrants, not against the constitution, these people are not supposed to be in the country in the first place

4. “End sanctuary cities. “Again, not against the constitution, or unfair just getting rid of people who should not be in this country in the first place

5."5. Immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced - we will triple the number of ICE agents. Anyone who enters the U.S. illegally is subject to deportation. That is what it means to have laws and to have a country.” Same thing targeting illegals, in fact removing these immigrants is probably closer to the constitution then Obama's laws before as he’s reverting to the Legal importation laws.

7:"7. Ensure that other countries take their people back when we order them deported.” Again not against immigrants, not against constitution, listening to the law and taking immigrants back to where they should be.

8:"8. Ensure that a bio metric entry-exit visa tracking system is fully implemented at all land, air, and sea ports. “Same thing with everything else does not target immigrants or is against the constitution.

9 "9. Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet. Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of l immigrants. Not against the constitution, in fact this is going back towards federal law.

Important! I ran out of room, the rest of my response is on this Google+ post: https://plus.google.com...

Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
@JamN I'm sorry about the decline. Please send me the challenge again. Thank you :)
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
Send me the challenge when this one is over. This should be fun.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
You know you've won an argument when the other side quits and just resorts to name-calling.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
I'm the one who posted reasoned, logical arguments...yet I'm the stupid one. And you misspelled liberal, by the way.
Posted by JamN 1 year ago
JamN
Sorry im done arguing with stupid libearls
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
And my articles cite legal documents and the experiences of people who used to work for Mr. Trump...is that not also legitimate?
Posted by JamN 1 year ago
JamN
its because your articles are people just saying stuff because if I say the sky is blue it must be true while my articles are studies
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
I like how you cite articles for your R2 arguments but don't allow me to post my own.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
Lol...you make no actual reasons as to why it's false, you just say "it's an article", which for some reason means it's false. An article is just a simple way to organize information--the term article has no liberal or conservative bias.

The rejection of information on the right is quite hilarious....
Posted by Harambe_666 1 year ago
Harambe_666
*Mike Pence. I meant Mike Pence.