Yeeet2016
livelifefully122

Is Donald Trump ready to be president?

Yeeet2016

Pro

I believe Donald Trump is more than ready to be president and a great one at that. Con will agrue that trump isn't read for presidency. First round give an overlay of what you believe. Second round show proof for your claims, with detail. Third round are rebuttals and conclusions. Trump has clearly stated his positions on healthcare, tax reform, immigrationt and trade policy's. He would lower the corporate tax to 15% while also lowering taxes on the middle class. These two policy's alone would create more spending in the government and an influx of jobs staying and coming to our country. He has stated on healthcare that he would support healthcare savings accounts and competition in the health industry. By removing monopolys that Obama care and other healthcare options it would generate more competition. He would allow for the citizens to talk to their healthcare providers about the cost of what their paying and ways of lowering their prices. While creating HSA's he would effectively keep your healthcare plans untaxed and protected. On immigration he has stated he is very flexible on this issue proposing deportation and the infamous wall as part of his policy. Their are many more reasons as to why i support such a candidate that I will explain in the next couple of rounds.
livelifefully122

Con

I actually disagree because I am actually offended by him building a wall because I know someone who is Muslim so this is actually very very very offensive that is my opinion
Yeeet2016

Pro

Umm. You do know every country has a boarder of some sort or a wall right? Also, it isn't keeping out muslims it keeps out illegal immigrants.. I would advise you to learn your facts before you start spewing random garbage.
livelifefully122

Con

...ok I understand, but America has not had a wall since it was discovered by Christopher columbus so why have one now? I think that it would waste a lot of taxpayers money and it would be a lot of work. I also think that it would cause some outrage between Mexico and The US which would cause another Mexican and American war which none of us want right now, if you know what I mean.
Posted by echelius 10 months ago
echelius
Donald Trump says many appealing things, but then again most candidates tend to do that. It's what gets them elected. No voter or supporter should ever believe that their candidate would be able to do the things they say they are going to do. I would LOVE free college, but is Bernie Sanders ever going to be able to push that through? No. Is Trump going to build a wall? No. It's all about the intentions of the candidate. No one should ever say that "Well, I'm going to vote for him because he says he will be able to do ________." What the president does in office is just a remnant of what they actually said they were going to do on the campaign trail, but their beliefs stay the same. Expect an improved fence or a government-funded scholarship if the candidates get elected.
Posted by livelifefully122 11 months ago
livelifefully122
you still there?