RuggieRug
palmertio0

Is Donald Trump the best candidate for president?

palmertio0

RuggieRug

Pro

First round is just acceptance of your position in the argument.

I am for Donald Trump being elected as president.
palmertio0

Con

I accept. Good luck.
RuggieRug

Pro

The first point I would like to make is that rather than a politician, Donald Trump is a businessman.
Look at politicians for what they are, a pure politician knows how to make themselves look good to the press, but not how to make improvements happen.
This is in part due to the fact that to endorse themselves they need to get money from wealthy billionaires to fund their campaign, and these people then influence them heavily when they get into office, meaning that power is taken from the government and the president and given to the "kingmakers" who funded their campaign.
Donald Trump is a billionaire, meaning that he can fund his own campaign, therefore he actually will restore power to the government.
On top of this, many politicians are only concerned with their own personal power, and do not make any improvements when in office because they are simply concerned with their personal gain.
With Trump this is not the case, he is a person who actually will be able to make improvements rather than just say he can, what he has built for himself and his family shows that he can get things done.
palmertio0

Con

Since you failed to make any definitions concerning this debate, I will be establishing them:

Resolution:

Definitions:
Best - Better than any other option available beyond a reasonable doubt
Candidate for President - Any citizen of the United States who is eligible to become President of the United States of America and is either currently campaigning or is currently campaigning to become President of the USA

Due to the way that the resolution was posed, Con has the burden of proof and must prove that Donald Trump is better than any other candidate.

Okay, on to my argument.

First, let me say that you have a totally incorrect definition of a politician. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a politician is "a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government." Someone who, I quote, "make themselves look good to the press, but not how to make improvements happen" is not a pure politician.

Did you know that Donald Trump is one of the "kingmakers" you speak of? He has donated more than a million dollars to local and national politicians. He has then used the power gained from all of these donations to get tens of millions of tax breaks and subsidies for his real estate developments.

As to what hes has built for himself, he has built it only thanks to an inheritance of hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. According to estimates, he barely outperformed or may have even underperformed the S&P 500, a simple index fund.

I don't have time to actually cite this info, so I will give the sources next round. I will also give I fuller argument as I was very busy the last couple of days (made the mistake of taking up three debates at the same time, stretched myself out too thin)
RuggieRug

Pro

RuggieRug forfeited this round.
palmertio0

Con

Do you wish to continue arguing?
RuggieRug

Pro

RuggieRug forfeited this round.
palmertio0

Con

Pro has forefited both rounds. Please Vote Con.
Vote Placed by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
RuggieRugpalmertio0Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD Pro forfeited 2 rounds, Conduct Con. S&G wasn't noticeable and there were no sources. Pro hod to demonstrate Trump as the best candidate. Pro's point was because Trump doesn't need billionaires to fund his campaign, power won't be "taken from the government and the president and given to the "kingmakers" who funded their campaign." Con points out that Trump is himself a "kingmaker" billionaire and has "donated more than a million dollars to local and national politicians." While this could have used a source, Pro doesn't address this, so I'm left having to buy Con's fact. This fact negates Pro's point that Trump would eliminate this "billionaire-ruled-government" idea, and instead exacerbates it. Since Con successfully refute Pro, arguments to Con.