TrumpisKing
MaxLamperouge

Is Donald Trump the best option for the 2016 Presidential Nomination?

MaxLamperouge

TrumpisKing

Pro

I feel, as a Trump supporter myself, that Donald is the best option for 2016, one of my main reasons is the fact that he has no lobbyists unlike many of the other presidential candidates. I"m not saying that he is the nicest and most popular candidate but if you really research his views you will find that he makes great points.
MaxLamperouge

Con

I will leave the first round to acceptance.
I accept the challenge and will prove that Donald Trump is NOT the best option for 2016 presidential nomination.
Thank you,
Max Lamperouge
TrumpisKing

Pro

Trump cleans up corruption: Trump has made clear that he intends to prosecute Hillary Clinton if elected president. That is a good start, and candidate Hillary doesn"t stand a chance against the verbal onslaught Trump would bring to a Trump v. Clinton campaign. She has never encountered someone like Trump as a candidate. He is not awe struck by the Clinton machine. But more than that, Trump prides himself on efficiency. Grover Cleveland, the last good Democrat elected to the executive office, rode a wave of anti-corruption into the executive mansion and proceeded to remove as much of the cancer from Washington as possible. It would not be hard to image a similar great purge of establishment corruption from D.C. should Trump be elected. It would be like shining lights on cockroaches. Clinton would be the first target, but other vestiges of Washington corruption would be getting a Trump scrubbing.
MaxLamperouge

Con

I would like to thank Pro for hosting this debate and giving me a challenge, and I hope that we can both become better debaters after this and learn from our mistakes.

1. Rebuttal. I decided to keep rebuttals brief. You say that Grover Cleveland was the last good president elected who was affiliated with the Democratic Party. What about John F. Kennedy? Woodrow Wilson? Were they bad presidents? And why?

Now to my arguments

Problems with Donald Trump:
1. Ignorance. One of the first warning signs on the Donald trump campaign was this quote: "Hes not a war hero. Hes a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured." Donald Trump was speaking about Veteran and Senator John McCain, who had been captured and held as a prisoner of war. Donald Trump disrespected all veterans who have been captured when he spoke those words. He began to reveal his ignorance there.
But that's not all! Look what happens next!
Donald Trump said he would ban Muslims from coming to the United States. How would he identify who is Muslim? Couldnt radicle terrorists lie and get into the country anyway? How will this effect our global relations? What about our soldiers who are Muslims, who are dying for our country, will they be banned from coming home to see their families? Would Muslim diplomats from other countries be banned from coming here? Donald Trump also said he would erect a border wall between the Mexican and US border with a "nice big door" so people can come in legally. He says he will make Mexico pay for the wall, but he hasn't said how he will make Mexico pay for the wall. He has not shown us how he will make anything happen, he just throws it out there. He is very short-sighted. Thats just a small amount of insanity that Donald has cooked up, and more can be presented if challenged.

2. Hes offended too many people. Becuase of his brash comments, Donald has offended many key voters. Liberals, Muslims, Hispanics, and veterans have all been offended by him, and this could be key to his failure in upcoming elections if he were to be the canidate. He has lost too many votes. Take the following article. http://www.newyorker.com...
Even conservatives, Navy officers, veterans, professors and now even Mark Levin (served under the Reagan administration) have said they will never vote for Trump.
He is unelectable.

3. Polls and stats show he wold lose to Clinton or Bernie. Most polls out there say that Clinton would win indefinitly if she were to face off against Donald Trump. See the charts and polls below. All have Clinton winning by large margins. This is just another reason to not have Donald be our canidate, becuase he will lose.
What if Donald were to face off against Bernie Sanders?
The folowing chart from http://elections.huffingtonpost.com... show clearly that Sanders (blue) would crush Donald Trump (Purple) if they were to face off. The chart is sources from various polls (55 different polls). Its not even a competition. Seeing as Donald Trump cannot win against either canidate, its obvious he should not be the Republican Canidate.
4. Pro has failed to provide sources for their arguments...that Donald Trump is an "anti-corruption machine". Where are your sources that show Donald as being free from corruption? Where are your sources that say Clinton is a source of corruption? Please state where you are getting your information next time.
Thanks and good luck,
Max Lamperouge

Extra Sources:
http://www.cnn.com...
TrumpisKing

Pro

Hrm... I'm just going to go back to my little hole and stop trying to argue with a college student. To be quite frank, I dont have the time to write a bloody article but here is a good one.

http://www.breitbart.com...
MaxLamperouge

Con

Pro has made no attempt to refute ANY of my arguments!!!
Extend all arguments!
Vote Con!
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Arguments are in!
Hope you guys like em'.
Max Lamperouge
Posted by KathyBB 1 year ago
KathyBB
No I don't think Trump is good for America. He's too quick to throw people under the bus. The wall is estimated to cost billions, the Mexican president said f...k no they won't pay for it. Trump has no experience running a government. He has no tactfulness. He thinks he can sue his way to the top.
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Are you his teacher?
I will need 24 hours to write up a formal argument.
Should have one by tomorrow morning,
Max
Posted by XxPuddingxX 1 year ago
XxPuddingxX
I am sitting here with "TrumpIsKing" he is a republican but believes that Donald Trump Is a better choice for president after his Political Sparring Partner (A.K.A His Social Studies Professor) beat him in a Political "Fight". He now agrees with his Professor however, now his professor is "Devil's Advocating"(a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments) against Trump. TrumpisKing is now sparring with his teacher and he is always the one that loses not his teacher. Thank You.
He now reported me.
Posted by XxPuddingxX 1 year ago
XxPuddingxX
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Donald Trump of all people.
I personally dislike him.
I will prove that he is not only the best but also the worst option for 2016 presidential nomination.
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 1 year ago
ColeTrain
TrumpisKingMaxLamperougeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Effective concession by Pro.