Is Donald Trump the best option for the 2016 Presidential Nomination?
Debate Rounds (3)
I accept the challenge and will prove that Donald Trump is NOT the best option for 2016 presidential nomination.
I would like to thank Pro for hosting this debate and giving me a challenge, and I hope that we can both become better debaters after this and learn from our mistakes.
1. Rebuttal. I decided to keep rebuttals brief. You say that Grover Cleveland was the last good president elected who was affiliated with the Democratic Party. What about John F. Kennedy? Woodrow Wilson? Were they bad presidents? And why?
Now to my arguments
Problems with Donald Trump:
1. Ignorance. One of the first warning signs on the Donald trump campaign was this quote: "Hes not a war hero. Hes a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured." Donald Trump was speaking about Veteran and Senator John McCain, who had been captured and held as a prisoner of war. Donald Trump disrespected all veterans who have been captured when he spoke those words. He began to reveal his ignorance there.
But that's not all! Look what happens next!
Donald Trump said he would ban Muslims from coming to the United States. How would he identify who is Muslim? Couldnt radicle terrorists lie and get into the country anyway? How will this effect our global relations? What about our soldiers who are Muslims, who are dying for our country, will they be banned from coming home to see their families? Would Muslim diplomats from other countries be banned from coming here? Donald Trump also said he would erect a border wall between the Mexican and US border with a "nice big door" so people can come in legally. He says he will make Mexico pay for the wall, but he hasn't said how he will make Mexico pay for the wall. He has not shown us how he will make anything happen, he just throws it out there. He is very short-sighted. Thats just a small amount of insanity that Donald has cooked up, and more can be presented if challenged.
2. Hes offended too many people. Becuase of his brash comments, Donald has offended many key voters. Liberals, Muslims, Hispanics, and veterans have all been offended by him, and this could be key to his failure in upcoming elections if he were to be the canidate. He has lost too many votes. Take the following article. http://www.newyorker.com...
Even conservatives, Navy officers, veterans, professors and now even Mark Levin (served under the Reagan administration) have said they will never vote for Trump.
He is unelectable.
3. Polls and stats show he wold lose to Clinton or Bernie. Most polls out there say that Clinton would win indefinitly if she were to face off against Donald Trump. See the charts and polls below. All have Clinton winning by large margins. This is just another reason to not have Donald be our canidate, becuase he will lose.
What if Donald were to face off against Bernie Sanders?
The folowing chart from http://elections.huffingtonpost.com... show clearly that Sanders (blue) would crush Donald Trump (Purple) if they were to face off. The chart is sources from various polls (55 different polls). Its not even a competition. Seeing as Donald Trump cannot win against either canidate, its obvious he should not be the Republican Canidate.
4. Pro has failed to provide sources for their arguments...that Donald Trump is an "anti-corruption machine". Where are your sources that show Donald as being free from corruption? Where are your sources that say Clinton is a source of corruption? Please state where you are getting your information next time.
Thanks and good luck,
Extend all arguments!
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 10 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Effective concession by Pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.