debate_for_lawson_scgs
Kumquatodor

Is Dreaming Reality?

debate_for_lawson_scgs

Pro

Is dreaming reality?
As this puzzled me, I kept looking at the fact that first of all, what is dreaming? I believe that there is no specific definition. If I ask some people 'What is Dreaming?' majority would probably say that dreaming is fantasy. As in not real, so it is not reality. But what if we are dreaming right now? Can this all be a dream? How do we know if someone is really dreaming or not? Sure there eyes might be closed, but some people day dream. I'm very stuck with this question, "Is dreaming reality?" and I would really like some feedback on this. I'm not too sure if I am confident in saying 'YES' to this, because I am not 100% sure.
Kumquatodor

Con

I accept. This looks interesting.
debate_for_lawson_scgs

Pro

Do you have anything to say about the topic? This is a debate.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
debate_for_lawson_scgs

Pro

debate_for_lawson_scgs forfeited this round.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
Posted by mrsatan 4 years ago
mrsatan
No one could ever truly answer this. I would say that reality as we know it is our waking life on Earth. In my opinion, we don't have much choice but to accept that, but it's possible we're part of a matrix or similar fake reality. As for dreams, sometimes they feel more real than the reality we know. However, I would have to say dreams are a fake reality. Considering my own dreams, they tend to be a warped state of my waking reality. Sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, but any structure to them comes from the world around us, rather than being a reality of its own.