Snuggle_Daddy
NorCaI

Is Esports considered an actual sport?

NorCaI has forfeited round #2.
Started: 12/13/2017 Category: Games

Snuggle_Daddy

Pro

I believe gaming can be a sport, however I do realize the term of a sport considers physical toughness and athleticism, but does this mean that it still can't be a sport although there is strategy to it, For example, wrestling is a very physical sport, however it takes very much strategy as well as some physical toughness.

Looking forward for a fair debate but really I just want an honest fair opinion more then anything. ( this is my first "debate" on this site by the way!)
NorCaI

Con

Hello. My stance is that esports, or any console/board gaming (Yes I know chess is considered a sport) are not sports. By esports, I'm assuming you're talking about fifa, NBA2K, horizon, etc. Sports require physical exertion and while if you're extremely out of shape, some can, very few don't.
Snuggle_Daddy

Pro

I understand, and I did state that I realize that sports do require physical toughness, I get that and I do think it is somewhat ridiculous that some people truly believe it to be a sport. However I guess what Im trying to say is that, although sports take physical toughness and skill, it also requires a great amount of mental toughness and strategic planning, just like chess as you even admitted is a supposed sport, so to call chess a sport, then Esports should be considered a sport.

Anywho, thanks for your reply and I will agree with you with your stance.
Posted by A_Boy_Named_JC 6 months ago
A_Boy_Named_JC
Not a sport whatsoever. A sport entails some sort of physical activity. It's not downplaying the skill required to become a professional gamer, but it simply isn't on the same level activity-wise as actual sports.
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
Not a sport period. Being on your couch and playing a video game or even standing does not qualify as a sports.
Posted by Snuggle_Daddy 7 months ago
Snuggle_Daddy
Not so much for a problem of me, I was more so curious as to what others thought, because some think it is a sport, others say not a chance.
Posted by hi234 7 months ago
hi234
Well, I don't see a problem with it being a sport. If you see that chess is a sport, then whats the problem with esports then?