Potter_Rose
desttoyer

Is Five Nights at Freddy's based off of a true story? (Yes= pro | No = con)

Potter_Rose has forfeited round #4.
Started: 3/15/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Potter_Rose

Con

This question has been tossed around the fandom many times the game was first created, but I have to say no, FNAF was NOT based off of a true story. Now my reasoning is that, there's a large difference between "inspired by" and "based on". "Inspired by" is when the author uses real events as inspiration, while "based on" is taking a real story and recreating it in a certain form of media. Most people argue that there are many videos and forums that hold evidence that FNAF is based off of a true story, but it easily is not. There is no real story that is exactly like that, because there is not real Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Yes, I know that some may argue that there is, and I know what you are talking about, but that was proven fake. The location moved multiple times, and that "photo proof" could have very well been photoshopped. To add to that, if there had been a series of murders at that establishment, there would be records. No matter how long ago it happened a simple Google search would find record of such a crime. Now, all the evidence proves is that Scott may have taken some inspiration for the storyline of FNAF from real events, but Scott has not confirmed anything yet. This does not mean that it is based off of a real story. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to view anyone's opinions on the matter.
desttoyer

Pro

FNAF is a real story because freddy`s pizzeria if you didn"t know exists
Potter_Rose

Con

"FNAF is a real story because freddy`s pizzeria if you didn"t know exists"
As I stated before, through my research, I found that the "real Freddy's Fazbear's Pizzeria" was a hoax. While yes, there is a real Freddy's pizza, it is simply a family owned pizzeria that was dragged into this from fans wondering if the game had anything to do with them. I also want to remind you that if five kids went missing in this establishment, there would be records. No crime that is so horrid could disappear without a trace. Scott has not give any clue to this being based on a true story. I do not see enough evidence to prove that it was anything more than inspired by real crimes, but if you think that you can convince me wrong, please, go ahead.
desttoyer

Pro

As my opponent didnt know I have a secret woepon to this debate.But I will not say it till finale round.
Potter_Rose

Con

Due to the fact that my opponent isn't engaging in productive debate, I assume that this is the final round? I have no counterclaim for my rebuttal.
desttoyer

Pro

i strongly advise my opponent to be careful
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I also have a 'weapon' of sorts. It's called Reporting Bad Votes.
Posted by desttoyer 1 year ago
desttoyer
come on ABM
Posted by desttoyer 1 year ago
desttoyer
come on ABM