DeFool
Benshapiro

Is Fox NEWS Correct?

DeFool

DeFool

Con

http://onlinemaps.blogspot.com...

This image has become well-known among those who choose to notice the accuracy of Fox NEWS reporting. In it, we learn that the mainstream liberal media, as well as public education, have been misleading America. Perhaps this is why only Fox NEWS can be trusted to provide clear, accurate and unbiased reporting.

Or, perhaps this is an example of "presenting both sides of the story." There are those who claim that global warming is "real," or that a "war on Christmas" is "happening." However, we can trust Fox NEWS to present both sides of these controversies, and allow viewers to decide which is correct.

Either way, I would like to discuss the subject. Is Fox NEWS correct? Does Missouri share a border with Texas and Louisiana? And Alabama?

I want to restate the question to be settled in this contest, along with a few definitions.

1. The purpose of this debate is to decide if Missouri borders Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama, as Fox NEWS has reported.

2. I ask that the final rounds be set aside for summaries, and that any new arguments presented there be disregarded.

3. We will both define "border" as a legal boundary between two states, with one state on one side, and the other state on the other side. Alabama cannot share a border with Canada, for example, simply because Alabama is in the US, and the US shares such a border with Canada.

4. Semantic games will be disallowed.

5. Either side in this debate may use links to song lyrics as sources.

6. First round is for acceptance.

7. I will be "CON," and shall maintain that Fox NEWS has this map all wrong. "PRO" will argue that I am the one who is wrong, and that this represents an accurate map of the US.

Other than these items, I am willing to negotiate any other rules in the comments section. I will be happy to respect any agreements made there.
DeFool

Con

I thank my partner for the surpisingly brief argument.

I will reciprocate, and attempt to be as concise as possible.

Conclusion:
The map that appears in the graphic is all wrong.
Benshapiro

Pro

The map is wrong, but shows that Fox News was correct because this map exists.
DeFool

Con

I thank my partner for the suprise concession, and for gracefully admitting that the map presented by Fox NEWS is innacurate.
Benshapiro

Pro

No I referring to my map being wrong. But since my map exists, Fox News is right
DeFool

Con

I apologize for misinterpreting my partner's argument. This is the revised interpretation:

p1: The map by Fox NEWS is innacurate
p2: However, it agrees with one that PRO created
p3: Therefore, a person could drive from the Texas border to somewhere in Missouri in less than 15 minutes.

I rebut:

The United States Geological Survey shows that Missouri really isn;t very close to Texas. [1]
Fox NEWS admitted to the errors in thier graphics department, and top execultives have promised to try harder. [2]

Conclusion: Fox NEWS enthusiasts hold this Television channel in an almost religious awe. They seem almost pathologically resistant to admitting even the smallest mistake has been made by these broadcasters.

Yet, in this case it is very clear: Fox NEWS made a mistake.

[1] https://www.google.com...;

[2] http://www.washingtonpost.com...
Benshapiro

Pro

Fox News didn't admit to using the geological surveys map. Since I have shown a map exists with the specifications you asked, Fox News is correct because such a map exists.
Posted by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
GEO, I happily agree that CNN is an incompetent news organization. I also agree that eating kittens is bad, and most teens should discontinue the practice at once.

There are, now that I think about it, many things that seem to bother me in this world. My views of bath-salt cannibalism and not washing up after a restroom break are also grim.

These annoyances, however, do not combine to improve the journalism of Fox NEWS.

My joy in instigating this debate is to watch the Fox NEWS channel fans get sideways. Since CNN has the same number of fans as those possessed by kitten-eating bath salty teens who do not wash their hands after visiting the toilet... I did not feel the need to bother them.
Posted by ChrisF 4 years ago
ChrisF
And Fox News has said Egypt is in Iraq, Mitt Romney has Barrack Obama's face, there is a nuclear reactor inside a Japanese dance club, and so much more.
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
GeoLaureate8
*CNN claimed the Libyan protests occurred in Tripoli, Lebanon, not Tripoli, Libya while pointing to the wrong location on the map.
http://onlinemaps.blogspot.com...
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
GeoLaureate8
CNN says Tripoli is in Lebananon. CNN also receives millions from the CIA as part of Operation Mockingbird.

Fox News made an error, one that produced no partisan outcome, a mere trivial mistake. CNN is 24/7 government funded propaganda. Fox News is the most fair and balanced because they have the most debate allowing views from all sides to weigh in. Yes, it's run and anchored by Conservatives/Libertarians, but they always have contributors and guests who are Liberal. MSNBC is scared to debate the other side.
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Ah. The website helped. Thanks. And I wouldn't know how to make the image any clearer myself, so I can't really hold you accountable. :)

I see. Well, as someone who's not really an avid Fox News follower, I don't know if I'd even meet the criteria.

However, either way, I'm not very experienced in both troll (and semi-troll) debates. Out of pure respect for your skill in the area, I'm going to pass until a more opportune time.

Plus.. the song lyrics stipulation still scares me. (Not to mention you just excluded my secret weapon from use, the "background toilet flush bathroom exit" video.)
Posted by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
I wonder why the image is having so many problems. That is frustrating, and I have to admit that I am incompetent with resolving such matters.

It was a graphics error on the part of Fox NEWS, one of many. The journalistic standards of this bombastic and hyperbolic news agency are well known for such laziness. You may find a clearer image here: http://onlinemaps.blogspot.com...

I post these silly debates to watch the Fox NEWS viewers' reactions. Their support of this channel on their television sets borders on religiosity. In fact, I expect that they may swarm up, and vote against me regardless of my performance. (This is normally the case.)

The song lyrics are negotiable. I sometimes end up doing this, and so it only seems fair. As sources go, please feel free to exercise creative license in the matter. Post whatever you like for sources. Excluding videos that portray men walking out of a home bathroom while the sound of the toilet flushing can still be heard.
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Okay. So the image is fixed. However, I can't see it well enough to make out what it's of XD do you have a link I could follow? Also... does the song lyrics rule mean that song lyrics are considered legitimate evidence?
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
The image isn't showing for me :/
Posted by ChrisF 4 years ago
ChrisF
I would have gladly debated this, if only I could have been Con
Posted by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
Semi-Troll.

I hope to lure the Fox NEWS followers into defending the absurd in defense of their television sets.
Vote Placed by THElittleRISK 4 years ago
THElittleRISK
DeFoolBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had far superior arguments and Pro seemed to not even be putting any effort in the debate, however Pro's 2nd round argument made me laugh harder than it should have.
Vote Placed by WilliamofOckham 4 years ago
WilliamofOckham
DeFoolBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro pretty much trolled the debate, but con could have done a better job with refuting it.
Vote Placed by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
DeFoolBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: The full resolution was stated in R1. It asked if "Missouri shared a border with Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama". Pro's tactic, while certainly an attempt at cleverness, came up short (due to him not not affirming that these states shared a border, but that an incorrect map existed that said they did).