Crack-Is-Whack
charles15

Is Gay Marriage is Completely Fine?

Crack-Is-Whack

Pro

Gay Marriage is completely fine. There is no harm to anyone when two persons of the same sex marry. In the constitution it says that Americans are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, and that is what this falls under, and when it says that marriage is between a man and woman in the bible people understand. Some people think they need to go and attack the homosexuals and tell them what they are doing is wrong. Whether it is wrong or not is to be decided by the person themselves, and not by somebody else. Gay marriage isn't a threat to the world so it is completely fine to be married to a person of the same sex.

&*)Lets have fun!(*&
charles15

Con

Thank you, Crack-Is-Whack for posting your first argument.

Pro said, "There is no harm to anyone when two persons of the same sex marry."

Statistics show that homosexuals remain faithful to one another only 25% of the time, on the other hand, heterosexual couples remain faithful to one another 80% of the time. Professionals say that the reason for only 25% of homosexuals remaining faithful to their partners is because homosexual relationships are 'unnatural,' this is not how humans were designed to live and function. Also according to, http://www.bfamilyadvocates.com..., medical professionals have affirmed that these kinds of sexual relationships are unhealthy. A society that accepts immoral relationships cause children to stumble into immorality. Now, what is being derived from the statistics above is this, homosexuals often adopt children or have children by other means. This could be harmful to the child for many reasons. For one, the gay couple have a 75% chance of separating, since this is true the son or daughter would undergo a lot of emotional distress. For instance, children whose parents get divorced have a much higher tendency to drop out of school and or go to prison. So, if the the vast population of humans were to become gay, then this would cause any society, on a large scale, to become corrupt, unnatural, and more violent over all. For these reasons homosexual marriage should remain illegal and can harm other people.

Another reason why homosexual marriage should remain illegal is because of the effects that two men or two women have in raising a child. For instance imagine not having a real father or mother the effects that this would have on the upcoming generation would be catastrophic. Both the father and the mother each play a different but necessary and fulfilling role through out the child's process of maturing physically, mentally and sociologically. Children who are missing either a father or mother are much more likely to go to prison by the time they reach adult hood. According to Dr. Robert A. Muehleisen, a clinical psychologist and a father of three children said that, "Studies suggest that fathers encourage independence and risk taking, and that they are especially adept at teaching problem solving skills" (Johnson, 1997, p. 2).

Now that we have observed the damage that a homosexual lifestyle can bring to a society let us move to a different way of looking at the issue. If homosexuality is to be condemned legal, then why should bestiality or polygamy not be condemned legal as well? Shouldn't the people who are in favor of these lifestyles, be entitled their right "to the pursuit of happiness"? I say no, marriage should be strictly between one man and one woman of the legal age. In this debate my opponent and the voters must realize that we live in a free country, but there are still limitations encompassed within our nation, so that America's society may remain stable.

According to, http://www.apologeticspress.org..., "Of those living today in America who were alive 50 years ago, few could have imagined, let alone predicted, that homosexuality would encroach on our culture as it has. In fact, it would have been unthinkable."
If this article is talking about 50 years ago, then it is definitely conceivable that 230 years ago the same (if not more so), idea of homosexuality applied. So when our founding fathers wrote the Constitution, experts presume that the idea of homosexuality was not even in the back of their minds. In fact, many of the founding fathers were Christians, and even if they weren't many of them based their ideas off Christianity nun the less. For example, historians have come to believe that Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian and yet he said "The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend to all the happiness of man." This implies that even though some of the major founding fathers were not Christians, they based there thinking off Christian principles. Therefore homosexuality was never intended to be part of America's society. This is most likely why the issue is not even mentioned in the Constitution.

After looking over my opponent's profile I have learned that she is a Christian. If this is the case then here are some verses for you to look over.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved. Neither fornicartors, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor HOMOSEXUALS, nor SODOMITES,nor theives, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

LEVITICUS 18:22---
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

LEVITICUS 20:13---
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Work Cited:
http://www.eadshome.com...
http://www.bfamilyadvocates.com...
http://www.coolcontent.com...

I look forward to my opponent's response,

Thank you,
charles15
Crack-Is-Whack

Pro

Crack-Is-Whack forfeited this round.
charles15

Con

It is sad to see that my opponent did not post her next argument. I wish she would have since this is such a heated debate in America.

I still stand by everything I said in my previous argument.

Good luck,
charles15
Crack-Is-Whack

Pro

Crack-Is-Whack forfeited this round.
charles15

Con

Again, it is sad to see my opponent not post another argument.

I still stand by my views.

Thank you,
charles15
Crack-Is-Whack

Pro

Crack-Is-Whack forfeited this round.
charles15

Con

I still stand by my views.

Thank you,
charles15
Crack-Is-Whack

Pro

Crack-Is-Whack forfeited this round.
charles15

Con

I still stand by my views.

Thank you,
charles15
VOTE CON
Posted by Crack-Is-Whack 8 years ago
Crack-Is-Whack
mmmmm
nice argument =)
I completely was not anywhere near a computer for a long time so i do apologize for not being here to compete in this debate

JP here is my answer:
I don't exactly go by whatever the bible says. Really, i think that they aren't bothering anything and are actually very nice people, so i just ingore God's views on being gay. That sounds kind of terrible but thats what i do. My christian perspective is a bit off if you know what i mean.... Being with a person of the same sex is a bit gross to me though. I couldn't stand around watiching gay people make out. And I do think that we should all be with a member of the opposite sex because that is how we populate the world =)

~CRACKISWHACK~ (<--seriously, stay clean!)
Posted by charles15 8 years ago
charles15
you tell um JP lol

no but seriously thats a good point
Posted by JP 8 years ago
JP
Jesus never said He hated gay PEOPLE. but he was disgusted by those peoples acts. Homosexuality is so wrong. It's obvious. Men aren't supposed to act like women. We need men to step up and act like it. Women should be women, and men should be men. In response to the gene thing, a person can control what they do. Just be a man and say no. Stop acting like a helpless girl and control yourself. I would have respect for someone if they did that.
Posted by JP 8 years ago
JP
Wpfairbanks, I was specifically asking Crack is whack to give me an answer from a christian perspective.
Posted by wpfairbanks 8 years ago
wpfairbanks
Yeah Jesus sure did hate the gays alright. Where would we be with Jesus' intolerance.
Posted by JP 8 years ago
JP
I can't beleive your could be a Christian and not understand the difference between wrong and right. And if you're a christian, Then how can you say that it is fine to be gay when the Bible specifically says otherwise? I guess these questions are obvious, but I'd like to know.
Posted by charles15 8 years ago
charles15
Hey man be dissen Rush lol
Posted by wpfairbanks 8 years ago
wpfairbanks
Hey, I agree with you, but it is the Declaration of Independence that actually states the "pursuit of happiness". No need to make the same mistake Rush Limbaugh did. And, I wouldn't use that argument; a homophobic could say killing gays makes him happy and that he is entitled to the pursuit of happiness. A bit hyperbolic, but you know what I mean. Best of luck
Posted by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
"Is Gay Marriage is Completely Fine?"

lol?
Vote Placed by Colucci 8 years ago
Colucci
Crack-Is-Whackcharles15Tied
Vote Placed by JP 8 years ago
JP
Crack-Is-Whackcharles15Tied
Vote Placed by charles15 8 years ago
charles15
Crack-Is-Whackcharles15Tied