Nonsensicality
Controverter

Is Glee becoming too risque and adult-themed for the youth of today?

Nonsensicality

Pro

I believe Glee, once a reasonably cliche, yet loveable show for teens, has evolved into one night stands, gigolos, and other things not suitable for today's youth. I love Glee, but really, enough is enough. If you do not think so, challenge me. I look forward to your challenge.
Controverter

Con

It's about music and the harsh reality of lifestyles that many people driven to the performing arts face.

It is actually the odd people, such as gigolos, who end up having a huge level of emotional suppression that's just waiting to break free through song and dance.

Also, Glee covers are basically 95% of time better than the originals, the only reason to hate it is if one is homophobic.
Nonsensicality

Pro

I understand that about Glee, and it's the reality about it that attracts people to it. And yes, Brody (the gigolo, for those who are not aware) are the more deep and interesting characters. But the first two seasons were relatively high school innocent, and that drew younger audiences. And now we have gigolos and other very adult themed things. I love glee, their music is great, and I am in no way homophobic. But they're showing their younger audiences things that are not age-appropriate.
Controverter

Con

The real question to be answered is the basis on which one labels something too adult-themed to show children.

In Glee, the gigolo having sex is barely, if ever, shown and only spoken about. There are homosexuals, people of all races, people of different ideologies religiously and of different genders and perhaps one day a transvestite.

Here we are seeing true acceptance, true liberty (despite some characters such as the P.E. coach being of severely conservative views) and all for what? For the sake of preaching nothing to the youth apart from that to preach is the greatest sin of them all.

They are not saying that it is good or bad to be a gigolo, nor to be violently against them, instead both people should be integrated into a society, which can be seen as the school itself and each having their own viewpoint regarded as valid in its own right.

If there were ever a show to raise children with, I would have to argue that it would most certainly be this one.
Nonsensicality

Pro

Nonsensicality forfeited this round.
Controverter

Con

Pleasant debate.

You lost with dignity. :)