astronautlevel
dawndawndawndawn

Is Global Warming Human Caused?

dawndawndawndawn

astronautlevel

Con

Is Global Warming Human Caused?

As con, I will argue against the 'fact' that global warming is caused by humans.

First round acceptance only.
dawndawndawndawn

Pro

(human-caused is a hyphenated adjective)

What is your knowledge-level of weather-science, please
and do you know if you're a dilatant?
astronautlevel

Con

As con, I will be arguing that global warming is not human-caused.

Let us begin.

1) The Earth's temperatures fluctuate because of the sun

I'm not denying climate change. I'm arguing that it's not man's fault. In the chart here[1] we can see that the temperatures of Earth fluctuate, and that what is currently going on currently is nothing out of the ordinary.
My second graph here[2] shows the sun's activity for the past 1000 years. We can see that during the Medieval period, the temperature was high and the sun's activity was high. A similar event is occurring today.

2) We are actually exiting an ice age
Yes, it's true. We are actually exiting an ice age, and this is partly why temperature is increasing. As seen in chart 1, we are exiting the Little Ice Age[3]. Of course, when you are exiting an ice age, temperatures will increase. Simply common sense.

3) Thermometer placement affects temperatures
The US data for global temperatures is useless. Why? The thermometer placements. As you can see in source 4, the US sensors are near heating objects, ie burn barrels and halogen light bulbs. These directly influence the thermometer readings and cause misinformation, leading to the belief that global warming is worse than it actually is.

[1] http://www.uigi.com...

[2] http://upload.wikimedia.org...

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org...

[4] http://www.foxnews.com...

dawndawndawndawn

Pro

I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE IT'S EASY. I AM NOT SHOUTING

LOOKING AT ONE ASPECT THAT AFFECTS CLIMATE IS NEVER GOING TO GIVE YOU THE FULL PICTURE.

2) We are actually exiting an ice age
IT IS CALLED, "THE LITTLE ICE AGE". IT HAS BEEN OVER FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE
AND DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE LAST FEW YEARS.

THERMOMETER-PLACEMENT AFFECTS THE READING - NOT THE TEMPERATURE.

WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE
astronautlevel

Con

1) "LOOKING AT ONE ASPECT THAT AFFECTS CLIMATE IS NEVER GOING TO GIVE YOU THE FULL PICTURE."

I am not arguing that the sun is the only aspect, but I am arguing that it is the MAIN aspect, which invalidates your first rebuttal.

2) IT IS CALLED, "THE LITTLE ICE AGE". IT HAS BEEN OVER FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE

150 years is an awfully short time in geology and the Earth. The temperatures will still be rising from the Little Ice Age.

3) "THERMOMETER-PLACEMENT AFFECTS THE READING - NOT THE TEMPERATURE."

I never argued that it affected the temperature of the Earth, I argued that it affected the reading or the temperature, causing scientists to make global warming look worse than it actually is, so they can blame humans.
dawndawndawndawn

Pro

( the sun is not significant enough.
For instance, one volcanic eruption can negate the effect of the sun enough to wreck the food crops. )

(It's awfully short, geologically, but the global warming that is in dispute is less than 50 years and so would not be part of the Little Ice Age )

( Scientists, by and large, would NEVER be this duplicitous. Their findings HAVE to be reviewed by their peers who do not have any motivation to find them correct. This, peer review, is an important element in all of Science. If you think that you found anything, you have to let ALLL other scientists look at it and those scientists have NO interest in making you look good. Scientists enjoy REAL facts and are not sloppy. Scientists have nothing to gain by being wrong or right about global warming. There is no reason for them to fake it. )
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
If people know that it's incorrect. I have to turn in Continuing Education Credits every two years.
I am NEVER allowed to use ANYTHING from the yawn called, "wiki"
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
Dawn, obviously you never tried to change something in wiki. It gets chabged right back if it's incorrect.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
any one can change things in Wiki - bah Wiki, bah!
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
Oh, the Little Ice Age one.

That was there just in case you wanted to look up more information on the Little Ice Age.
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
Ok, I am NOT using wikipedia as a source!
I am using them as an access to charts that were designed elseware!
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
I have 3 days to gather data and sources. Give me time :)

Thank you for your hyphon correction.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
fire it up
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
I look forward to a good debate dawndawndawndawn
Posted by astronautlevel 3 years ago
astronautlevel
I am arguing against the fact that global warming is human caused.

"As con, I will argue against the 'fact' that global warming is caused by humans."
Posted by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
Your Con and your saying that global warming is human caused. Might wanna change that....
Vote Placed by LtCmdrData 3 years ago
LtCmdrData
astronautleveldawndawndawndawnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's points got me. More in depth...