Is God "Currently" a principle of the United States

This debated will be locked into whether or not God "Is" or "Is not" a "Current" principle. I apologize for the profuse quotation marks but I've attempted this debate before and a trend of misunderstanding has emerged each previous time. Opinionated arguments based on opinions VS logical reasoning were the result. That being said:

Warning: this debated stems from an opinion section. Opinions will not be allowed to serve as reasonable argument (For example: beliefs, feelings, thoughts). All statements will be supported with either facts or logical reasoning. The debate will remain void of personal feelings. Agreeing with particular points made by the opposition will not be considered against either party to the debate, showing respect is not forfeiture.

Round 1: Acceptance of the debate.

Round 2: Pro will be responsible for presenting an intelligent argument for the existence of God as a current principle of the United States, Con may choose to refute through arguing his/her own facts, logic and or reasoning or may choose to discredit Pro's argument instead using the same factors.

Round 3: Pro will address each of Con's contradicting points in sequential order from round 2 and will offer argument consistent with the instructions in Round 2. Con is free to respond with either argument to Pro's points or present new argument material in ending.

Neither party will address each other's character unless it is done with tact and respect. Both parties will maintain the utmost respect for each other during the debate.

Should my opponent accept, I wish him/her the best.

I accept the terms of this debate and wish my opponent the best as well.

I intend to argue the existence of God as a current principle of the united states upon multiple grounds, they are as follows:

1. The deep acknowledgement of God in our law beginning with the founding documents of the United States and ending with our present day legal system.
2. The Objective Vs Subjective take on Good Vs Evil and the connotation of differentiating the two, this will stand as minor supporting logic by proving that morality "Was originally" derivative of religion in general. I intend to prove that morality is still rooted from religion and therefore God.
3. Lastly I will explain how the multi-faceted culture and society of the U.S. is anchored in morality and how deductive reasoning brings this full circle into an inevitable acknowledgement of God being a current principle of the U.S..

"The Declaration of Independence is The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

The introduction makes acknowledgement to the Laws of Nature and Nature's God, you will find a definition below for the term "Laws of Nature" and although the second allowance refers to nature and reason as the basis for the law, the definition continues on to specify that it is "Embodied in the Declaration of Independence assertion", which includes a reference to Man's "Creator". So it can be clearly seen that the reference to the "Laws of Nature and Nature's God" is a reference to the Christian God and his laws.

Natural law - n. 1) standards of conduct derived from traditional moral principles (first mentioned by Roman jurists in the first century A.D.) and/or God's law and will. The biblical ten commandments, such as "thou shall not kill," are often included in those principles. Natural law assumes that all people believe in the same Judeo-Christian God and thus share an understanding of natural law premises. 2) the body of laws derived from nature and reason, embodied in the Declaration of Independence assertion that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their "Creator" with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". From this passage of the Preamble of the Dec. of Ind. I can state factually that Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are the very founding principles of our Nation. Coinciding with these founding principles is the Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments that detail the rights and freedoms that American Citizens shall have. All Articles and Amendments of the Constitution are in consistence with the Principles of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. These principles, as stated clearly in the Dec. of Ind., are unalienable rights that are endowed to all men by their "Creator".

Creator - noun
a person or thing that brings something into existence.
" (the Creator) used as a name for God.
Endow - verb
[with object]
give or bequeath an income or property to (a person or institution): he endowed the church with lands
Inalienable - adjective
unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: freedom of religion, the most inalienable of all human rights

In this instance I would bring attention to the fact that the Dec. of Ind.: establishes the principles of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness; establishes these principles as indefinitely permanent by definition; acknowledges Man's Creator as the sole founding authority over these principle rights as they pertain to mankind. This is the fundamental argument I will use to solidify my first grounds.

Article I: Addressed firstly: Religion, speech, press, assembly
Article II: Right to bear arms
Article III: Right against forcible quartering of soldiers
Article IV: Right against unreasonable searches
Article V: Right against punitive action against life, liberty or property without Due process of law
Article VI: Right to speedy, public, impartial trial. Right to know the accusations against and the accuser, to gather witnesses and to have assistance in his defence.
Article VII: Right of preservation of trial by jury
Article VIII: Right against excessive bail, cruel and unusual punishment
Article IX: Constitution may not be used to diminish rights outlined in the constitution, nor to empower the government outside of intended strength.
Article X: the federal government is limited to only the powers granted in the Constitution

Above are the Bill of Rights taken from their original drawn out definition and shortened to make space. Any issue may be addressed in my opponent's rebuttal should he see fit. Each of the 10 articles (All written after the Dec of Ind.) are supported directly by the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...challenge if necessary. The Bill of rights rests securely upon the rights of every man that cannot be taken nor given away. Without the Declaration's establishment of the unalienable rights of every Man, the Bill of Rights would be subjective... in that rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness could be taken or even given away in our Country. In this logic it can be reasonably deducted that the unalienable rights outlined in the Declaration of Independence are the proximate cause of our constitutional rights and Man's Creator is the proximate cause of our unalienable rights...thus the Creator of Man is the Proximate cause of our constitutional rights: Syllogism.

If the Creator of Man is the proximate cause of our constitutional rights, the sole founding authority on the unalienable rights of all Men, and constitutional rights are the basis of our legal system to this day, then to this day our legal system is directly rooted, proximated and based upon the Creator of Man. In this logic there it stands to reason that God is very much still a principle of our United States, the concept of God is complexly weaved throughout our legal system, not to mention rooted at the base of it.

In summary, according to the Declaration of Independence, God (Man's Creator) gave Man his unalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. These rights are the foundation upon which our constitutional laws rest upon, removed from the foundation our Country would be nothing. God is still a principle in the United States because he is the core, the foundation, the infrastructure of our laws, principles and ethics. Open any page of any book of any law in the United States and you will see Life, Liberty and/or the Pursuit of Happiness in black and white.

With that I have grossly miscalculated the number of characters required in order to effectively argue this first point and I will conclude my argument for this round here, if needed I will present grounds 2 and 3 during round 3. I sincerely look forward to hearing from my opponent.

InfamousAim forfeited this round.

I accept my opponents forfeiture.

InfamousAim forfeited this round.