Is God REAL?

i believe there is a God. something had to create EVERYTHING. there has to be a start to humanity and the universe. therefor it was God. he created the heavens and the earth. this is an open vote. please no trolling and actually debate if you have something to say. you may start now.

Most likely not. Of course there could be just like there could have a unicorn flying around through some part of space. Just because we don't have the scientific answer yet, that does not mean that God is real. For one thing people always ask "How can you prove God isn't real," but they in turn forget they have no proof he is.

ok here i go. so how can nothing create something? huh? isnt your life meaningless? dont you collapse with despair because of nothing to live for? how can the universes be created by nothing? God was the beginning and he created time itself therefor he wasnt created by anything else. he created time, he was there before the beginning. what justification do you believe that"there is no God"? by the way, why are you athiests always so defensive? is it because you know deep down God is alive? ill leave you with that.

Again as I said, we don't know the full story yet. I am not claiming to have all the answers or that science does. Science will progress but by the time we fully understand everything the two of us will be long dead.

Is my life meaningless? No. I have fun, I do what I want, and lead a happy life. I am thankful I can live at all.

Also if the universe needed something to create it wouldn't something be needed to create God?

Why do I believe God is most likely not real? This is my favorite question! There is no proof at all he was real. Nothing at all.

Now then please tell me why you believe in God. Also what proof do you have he is real?

ok heres some evidence:
The Ten Commandments were found. How is this evidence? Because they were forged by God in a mountain by thunder and fire. Also, God and people say humans will claim to be atheists, but there is no such thing. Everyone knows that there is a god. They are born knowing. Even though they may deny it verbally, they know it. But anyways lets get so more evidence shall we? An Atheist scientist believed there was no god. While looking at DNA strands he finally found the double helix. He then said this is way too complex to be created by itself or more popular- an asteroid. Here's some more: earth. It's perfect. It's just the right amount of oxygen in the air and all the gases in the atmosphere to be able to sustain life. Not too much nor too little, just right! Only a god Could create such a thing.The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.The human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands. These things are just way too complex.

No they weren't. One online check and you will know you are lying. The 10 commandments were never found.

-_- That isn't even an argument it is just idiotic ramblings. Many people including myself do not believe God is real. We aren't lying as there is no reason to lie. All you are doing is giving an argument that only the simplest of minds would believe.

There are other plants that have similar conditions. In a universe as large as this it is unsurprising there are multiple planets able to support life. Earth is not special.

The human brain is a product of billions of years of evolution. Over an enormous amount of time we ended up like this. Certain mutations occurred and after millions of these our brains our the product. You have to realize the earth is about 4.6 billion years old. This was not just a simple overnight process.

Again you have no evidence God is real. None.

ok so now I'm going to talk about your theory. The Big Bang. So... This theory is that a hot state blew up- creating tons and tons of things: planets, galaxies, solar systems, Gravity, space, etc. but here's the catch- where did that "hot state" come from eh? That was the thing that started it right? So now I'm talking about the Big Bang- not god. So you can forget about my evidence because in talking about your story- trying to prove it wrong. It's actually quite simple, you see? It is proven that nothing cannot create something. It's easy. But don't try because it's impossible. But it's crazy how stupid this idea of nothing creating something. Ok so let's play out the Big Bang: there was nothing. Totally nothing. At all. Ok? So there is no space, mass, time, anything! But! Somehow- this blank space- oh wait- well it's just not even blank- it's just _________. But nothing- blew up- creating something. How? Well there's no possibility. It's stupid and just a crazy theory for those with insane minds. Also HERES another theory: that nothing also created a vortex like cloud. This vortex vaccum cloud started spinning around peices of dust. This created bigger dust. That turned into rocks. These rocks became planets. But here's where they went wrong. They just said- oh heck lets just keep it like that. Anyways here's thier fault: after these rocks were rocks: they could no longer keep sticking together. The gravity would start destroying the rocks. Turning these rocks into pebbles. There's no way they can turn into planets. So please explain some evidence of your side. You havnt tried yet and if like to here you have a part in this argument. See? My opponent's theory is not possible. Not even science- the creators of this lie can't even explain it! I have proved it wrong. Or so I think. But let's see if he can prove me wrong eh?

See you didn't answer your question. The question you asked is "Is God REAL". You gave no reasoning as to why he is and just started arguing against things that don't have to do with the point you were trying to prove

Also as I said we have observed the star are moving away from one another. People began to chart these movements and after several tests discovered at one point all matter existed at a singular point. While there are theories how this happened no one knows for sure nor do they claim to, Modern science is restricted in what we can learn do to technology. Give it another thousand years. Hell creationism taught the world was 6,000 years old and everything rotated around the earth.

Also you don't seem to understand that in this rotating pull of dust their was a center-point of gravity. All of the heavy stuff shifted towards the center and do to the spinning condensed the dust to rock. Plus the lighter objects (like gases) were condensed to form the outer plants other wise known as gas giants. However that is just a theory and is still open for debate.

You can not argue against science. Science is just a term for a group of facts not a belief like religion. Rather than proving there is a God you went off topic and avoided my reasoning as you had no answer. You need to realize you in this whole argument gave no proof whatsoever God is real. NONE. You failed this debate.
Posted by TheChristian 1 year ago
This debate was a rambling. It was a simple no proof debate. We have ABSOLUTELY no genuine unbiased proof. But seeing/knowing is not a for-surr no.
Posted by basils 1 year ago
Well that isn't the question. The question is "is god real" not is everything in the bible. If he brings it up I will slam it down.
Posted by Bgirlctforlife 1 year ago
Con does not give any evidence. Con is being offensive to atheists. He keeps trying to tell us that nothing could've been made without a God. Science is the reason for our beginning. Honestly, what makes more sense? A rib lady and a guy sinned and in 7 days, a complex world was created. That is downright ignorance. History also bears facts of the start of the world and our evolution.
Vote Placed by Hanspete 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were far better than Con's, more developed, etc. Arguments to Pro. Con I do believe insulted Pro several times in the debate, so Conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by rikomalpense 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct, S/G, Sources: Tied. Both were about on the same level, citing no sources and having the same level of S/G. Arguments: BOP was presumably on Pro. Pro failed to back up their arguments, and rebuttals were unsourced and unscientific. Point goes to Con.