DebateResponses
Impartial

Is God Real?

DebateResponses

Con

Definitely not. Who is there to say that God is real... and why does society accept this? Christians may think that I'm out of my mind, but I beg to differ. What many people do not know is that the Bible was meant to be just simply stories, not actual things that have happened. Without proof, there is no sure way to prove that God exists.
Impartial

Pro

You don't know that a god definitely does not exist because you have no proof. I'm not FOR the statement that a God is real, I'm AGAINST the position that a God is not real. This is the direction from which I enter this debate. I'm an atheist by the way.

What I do agree with is that without proof, there is no sure way to prove that a God exists. But as an atheist, I'd be just as bad as a theist if I claimed that a God does not exist because then both sides share the burden of proof. The way nontheism is different to theism is in the lack of certainty and therefore the lack of a requirement to provide proof.

A common misconception about atheism is that it's a belief system. Your first argument shows that you have fallen into this trap because you've made an objective claim without proof. Yes, I think the idea of a God is stupid, but that's as far as my opinion takes me. I don't claim certainty and neither should you.
DebateResponses

Con

DebateResponses forfeited this round.
Impartial

Pro

Impartial forfeited this round.
DebateResponses

Con

DebateResponses forfeited this round.
Impartial

Pro

Impartial forfeited this round.
Posted by DebateResponses 1 year ago
DebateResponses
Thanks
Posted by Romanii 1 year ago
Romanii
lol that profile pic tho