LoserBro2003
TimHawks

Is God Real?

LoserBro2003

Con

Is anybody willing to challenge me in the debate, is good, I will be taking the side of con.

Rule 1- No swearing
Rule 2- No forfeiting Rounds
Rule 3- If you state a fact statistic, you have to show me link to that or I will believe you are lying
Rule 4- Stay on the topic, do not shift the topic of the debate into something political or any other topic, stay on the topic 'Is God Real'

Good Luck to whoever challenges me.
TimHawks

Pro

I believe that God is real, but I base this solely on my own personal experience. The things that have happened in my life tend to lead me to the opinion that he is more likely to be real than not. I would submit to you the opinion that this is not a topic worth debating, however, as it is an emotionally based topic and, therefore, should be viewed from that perspective. Religion deals with one's own personal ideology and what they use to develop said ideology. From my own knowledge of physics, I can say with some degree of certainty that there is nothing within the realm of science which proves that God cannot exist. There really couldn't be anything, though, which could disprove the existence of God just as there cannot be anything which proves his existence. To say that you believe in something which is powerful enough to create the entire universe is to also accept that this being can exist separately from the universe, and, therefore, he must not actually belong to the universe. The basic logic of this is that if an entity can exist outside of the universe, then there could never be a way to prove its existence, as we are not able to observe, or at least have not observed, anything which exists outside of our own universe. The things within my own life which have led me to my beliefs are based upon specific and sometimes tragic events within my life in which I needed help that no one was willing to render to me. When I prayed for help to my God, I received the help that I needed where no one was willing to help me before. Of course one could easily argue that this was merely coincidence, and I cannot prove them wrong. I can only state that this is how these events made me feel. Being that the topic is inherently emotional, this has been proof enough for me. From my perspective, I cannot prove the existence of God no more than anyone can definitively prove that he does not exist.
LoserBro2003

Con

LoserBro2003 forfeited this round.
TimHawks

Pro

Apparently you forfeited this round, but, as I do not want it said that I lost because I posted nothing, I will supply a brief post for this round of the debate. I think you made a good decision, if a decision it was, not to continue to debate this point. I, myself, have a great deal of respect for the opinions of others as they apply to their religious views. I do not begrudge someone the right to take a view contrary to my own whether that be a different religion than mine or the view that there is no religion or no God. As I stated before, this really is not a topic worthy of debate. The only debate which can be made is to say that one side or the other has no evidence to support their points. As neither side can truly prove to the other that they are wrong, it really boils down to what one chooses to believe. I appreciate your time, and I do look forward to debating you in the future.
LoserBro2003

Con

LoserBro2003 forfeited this round.
TimHawks

Pro

TimHawks forfeited this round.
LoserBro2003

Con

LoserBro2003 forfeited this round.
TimHawks

Pro

TimHawks forfeited this round.
LoserBro2003

Con

LoserBro2003 forfeited this round.
TimHawks

Pro

TimHawks forfeited this round.
Posted by LoserBro2003 1 year ago
LoserBro2003
Sorry, I lost my phone.
Posted by LoserBro2003 1 year ago
LoserBro2003
I meant to say is god real, I had a temporary brain fart.