Is God a Trinity?

1. Acceptance
2. Opening arguments.
3. Refuting of Arguments.
4. Refuting of Arguments and closing points.

I will be taking the position of a christian that does not support the idea of God being a Trinity. That the Holy Spirit of God is not a living being but simply the power of God, and that Jesus is NOT God himself but is God in every essence, like-mindedness, and being. I will also argue that the meaning of Jesus being called God is due to the evidence of a God family. (Those in heaven and on earth). Finally, I will also explain the divinity of Jesus Christ if in fact the pro does not believe such terms.

I accept. Good luck.

Due to personal complications via not being near a computer for some length of time, I will not be able to post my argument. I will re-open this debate when I am in access of a computer for the duration of the debate. Please leave voting as a tie. I would like to thank the Pro for his/her time and look forward to a future debate if he/she is still accessible.

(Isaiah 44:6) "So said the L-rd, the KING OF ISRAEL and his Redeemer the L-rd of Hosts, "I am FIRST and I am LAST, and besides Me there is no G-d."

In Revelation 22:13, Jesus says, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

(Matthew 27:37)
"Above his head they placed the written charge against him: this is jesus, the KING OF THE JEWS."

(Isaiah 9:6)
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

So a child, a son, will be:

1)Wonderful counselor
2)Mighty God
3)Everlasting Father
4)Prince of Peace

1)Wonderful counselor

(John 14:26)
"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will TEACH you all things and will REMIND YOU of everything I have said to you."

2)Mighty God

(John 20:28)(To Jesus)
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!""

(Matthew 28:9)(To Jesus)
When they realized it was He, they "came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him."

3)Everlasting Father

(Luke 23:46)
Jesus called out with a loud voice, "FATHER, into your hands I commit my spirit."

Old Testament references the "Holy Spirit"-

(Isaiah 63:11)
"Then His people remembered the days of old, of Moses Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in the midst of them?"

Old Testament references God as our "Father"-

(Isaiah 63:16)
For You are our FATHER, though Abraham does not know us And Israel does not recognize us You, O LORD, are our FATHER, Our Redeemer from of old is Your name.

(Deuteronomy 32:6)
"Do you thus repay the LORD, O foolish and unwise people? Is not He your FATHER who has bought you? He has made you and established you.

(Isaiah 64:8)
"But now, O LORD, You are our FATHER, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand."

(Psalm 103:13)
"Just as a FATHER has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him."

(Jeremiah 3:19)
"Then I said, 'How I would set you among My sons And give you a pleasant land, The most beautiful inheritance of the nations!' And I said, 'You shall call Me, My FATHER, And not turn away from following Me.'

(Psalm 68:5)
A FATHER of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation.

(Jeremiah 31:9)
"With weeping they will come, And by supplication I will lead them; I will make them walk by streams of waters, On a straight path in which they will not stumble; For I am a FATHER to Israel.",-Fatherhood-Of

(John 1:1-3)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"He was with God in the beginning."

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

(Isaiah 48:13)
"Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together."

(John 1:14)
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

(Zechariah 14:9)
"And the L-rd shall become King over all the earth; on that day shall the L-rd be one, and His name one."

(Phillipians 2:10)
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth."

1 John 5:7
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

(Matthew 28:19)
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit."

(Isaiah 9:6)
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

(Isaiah 62:8)
"The LORD has sworn by his right hand."

(Psalm 89:13)
"You have a strong arm; Your hand is mighty, Your right hand is exalted."

(Psalm 16:11)
"You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

(Psalm 48:10)
As is Your name, O God, So is Your praise to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is full of righteousness.

(Psalm 60:5)
That Your beloved may be delivered, Save with Your right hand, and answer us!

(Psalm 20:6)
Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand.

(Mark 14:62)
Jesus said, "I Am. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God's right hand.

There is no need to post any of your arguments. This debate has ended as said in my previous post.

One must understand that time has no tense to God. As is demonstrated by gravity's effect on time in our reality, time itself can be stopped in our reality per the space time continuum and relativity. To God there is no time "tense".

Seeing time is meaningless, think of yourself as a time traveler. You go back in time to your 5 year old self. Is he you? Yes. Are you 2 different persons? Yes. Are you the same being? Yes.

The Father
God is the Father, omnipotent, unchanged, not flesh in this manifestation, the highest version of himself.

Holy Spirit-
God is a spirit. He moves through us and communicates with us in this manifestation.

Matthew 3:16
"After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him."

John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My (Jesus") name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."

God is one of us, a "God-man", flesh and bones in Jesus' manifestation.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us."

-The Spirit is God
-The spirit is Christ

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

1 Corinthians 6:11
Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father."

(Exodus 3:14)
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

(John 8:58)
"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am."

In 1 Kings Elijah meets "the Lord" at Mount Horeb. God covered him.

Moses met "The Lord" at Mount Horeb. God covered him. His face was transfigured.

Jesus at the transfiguration appeared to Elijah and Moses to tell them what to do. He was transfigured.

(2 Peter 1:1)
"To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ."

(John 14:9-11)
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

(Link with verses saying Jesus is God)

-Jesus said that Moses wrote about Him:

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
John 5:46

-Where did Moses write about Jesus?

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman,"and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

(Deuteronomy 32:43)
"Rejoice, you nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies, and make atonement for his land and people."

Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I shall raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His name by which He will be called, `The LORD our righteousness.'" (Jeremiah 23:5-6)

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity." (Micah 5:2)

If I knew how to forfeit the round I would. I'll repeat this because I don't think the con is even clearly understanding of my words. I will have no time to finish this debate because I will be gone for some time and will re-open this some other time. As of now i'm typing this on my cellphone.

Quantum Entanglement-

-"Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated or interact in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently " instead, a quantum state must be described for the system as a whole.

Measurements of physical properties such as position, momentum, spin, polarization, etc., performed on entangled particles are found to be appropriately correlated. For example, if a pair of particles are generated in such a way that their total spin is known to be zero, and one particle is found to have clockwise spin on a certain axis, then the spin of the other particle, measured on the same axis, will be found to be counterclockwise, as to be expected due to their entanglement. However, this behavior gives rise to paradoxical effects: any measurement of a property of a particle can be seen as acting on that particle (e.g., by collapsing a number of superposed states) and will change the original quantum property by some unknown amount; and in the case of entangled particles, such a measurement will be on the entangled system as a whole. It thus appears that one particle of an entangled pair "knows" what measurement has been performed on the other, and with what outcome, even though there is no known means for such information to be communicated between the particles, which at the time of measurement may be separated by arbitrarily large distances."
Posted by Conservatism 3 months ago
I am posting this from my phone. There was simply no time for me to debate this. I didn't know there was an option to forfeit because I figured that voters would vote against me even though I can't even debate. It seems really confusing you would vote on a debate that didn't even happen as I could not participate in it.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 months ago
You can forfeit a round by simply letting the time expire on your round. As for you declaring the debate over in round two, it doesn't appear that your opponent agreed.
Posted by Conservatism 3 months ago
I would like to remind the pro that there's no need to continue this debate because I will have no time to finish it.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
copy and paste guys.. copy and paste
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
remember to only use sources guys
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Pro by default.