Is God is the biggest sinner of them all?
Debate Rounds (3)
Resolution: Is God is the biggest sinner of them all?
Note the word BIGGEST, meaning the most or largest. Therefore, if I can prove one person or thing sinned more than God, I win.
God: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
In this, I argue that Leopold the Second of Belgium and Mao Sedong were bigger sinners. There were many other sinners greater than God, but I shall dwell on this person.
"He turned his "Congo Free State" into a massive labour camp, made a fortune for himself from the harvest of its wild rubber, and contributed in a large way to the death of perhaps 10 million innocent people."
"Only 90 years ago, the agents of King Leopold II of Belgium massacred 10 million Africans in the Congo. Cutting off hands as we see in Sierra Leone today, was very much part of Leopold's repertoire. Today, Leopold's "rubber terror" has all been swept under the carpet. Adam Hochschild calls it "the great forgetting" in his brilliant new book, King Leopold's Ghost, recently published by Macmillan. This is a story of greed, exploitation and brutality that Africa and the world must not forget."
Leopold is a bigger sinner.
"Deaths from hunger reached more than 50 percent in some Chinese villages. The total number of dead from 1959 to 1961 was between 30 million and 40 million -- the population of California."
"All the while, Mao kept expanding the laogai, a system of 1,000 forced labor camps throughout China. Harry Wu, who spent 19 years in labor camps, has estimated that from the 1950s through the 1980s, 50 million Chinese passed through the Chinese version of the Soviet gulag. Twenty million died as a result of the primitive living conditions and 14-hour work days."
I would argue that God is more fair than those mass murderers.
Gods sins are intertwined with his core message, I will elaborate on my first point in direct retaliation to your examples.
Greed, believe in me or suffer eternal damnation. As there is an estimated 31% of religious followers on earth who are Christian it leaves 69% of the worlds population who will suffer eternal damnation (4,895,700,406 people). No one man has ever amassed this much sin.
There is a misconception that the BIble says that nonbelievers will go to hell. HOwever: this is the verse they mean:
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16 RSV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 RSV)
And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34a RSV)
Galatians 5:14 (RSV) For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13:8 (RSV) Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:10 (RSV) Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. James 2:8 (RSV) If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well. Proverbs 10:12 (RSV) Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. 1 Peter 4:8 (RSV) Above all hold unfailing your love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins.
Sampos forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit by Pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.