alicemary_20
Cronicus

Is God real?

alicemary_20

Con

I kind of believe in God. Well I would like to. To know that I will go to heaven when I die. But if God is real, why does he let people suffer? Why did he let Hitler kill 6 million Jews? Why does he let people have wars? If this God, who is meant to be almighty and powerful, why would he let all of this happen?
Cronicus

Pro

First you need to define what you mean by 'real'. I take it as relating to existence.
That being the case then, God is real. We cannot measure or detect him using any of our ultra sensitive detectors. He is that invincible. One can only find him through his aesthetic sense. His methods are mythical. I may sound as preaching but that's what the answer is.
What did you learn from all the wars, massacres and accidents? Do you see that kind of killing rage today? Yes, there maybe ongoing disputes but what's the common message being spread? Peace. We learned it very slowly because we are human beings. We take our own time. But we did it. Can you imagine, the whole of Germany was thinking of killing all the Jews ! Can you think like that today no matter what invincible reason the dictator(in our case, the President) gives? I don't think you can. Because you know somehow that it isn't the solution. Whenever something wrong happens, someone somewhere always rises to challenge/fix/help. They are, unknowingly to them and the rest of us, God's messengers. [By 'them' I meant revolutionaries like Gandhi, Che Guevara, Martin Luther king Jr. , etc. ] When we see such courage, we get inspired. That's what God wants from us. To learn from mistakes. To do what is necessary and right. We are slowly learning that.
I think I have covered pretty much of it. If you are, again, thinking why even let us make mistakes in the first place? why not show us the correct way right away?, then let me tell you that that isn't the way he works. God made us Humans. Humans with the capability to learn. He was always showing us the right way in his own cryptic way. We are not as smart as Him to grasp things instantaneously. We are slow, slow but steady.
Again, if the question persists, you have a greater thing coming... Why create us in the first place?
alicemary_20

Con

Obviously 'real' is relating to existance! What else would it be relating to?

And I have greater thing coming? Oh really?

I get the point that your trying to make, but did you know that 20,000 people in the world die of cancer each year? Did you know that a child dies of starvation every 10 seconds in Africa and Asia? Have these innocent people sinned or something to make God let them suffer like this? Is this some mistake that Humans have made? I dont see God's messangers saving these people?
Cronicus

Pro

About cancer, it has different causes. Smoking, alcoholism, obesity, infection, radiation and much more. What you want is the immediate visible proof that God should come down and give us a cure. Doesn't work that way. We, people, are continuously making research on cancer treatment using the brains that God gave us to be capable of finding a cure. I am quite optimistic that we will find it someday.
Africa and starvation - Starvation in Africa is mostly man-made, drought only makes it worse. You don't know the kind of anarchy that exists there. The country needs good leadership. And also better agricultural techniques. Bad economic policies to-do with agricultural issues also add to the crisis. There isn't enough investments towards agriculture and the African farm exports don't bring high enough prices. The profound effect of HIV and AIDS makes those infected less able to shake off the hunger and is also killing millions of farmers. There aren't enough medical services too for diagnosis. We need boost of awareness and many organisations are already working for it.
The HIV virus itself is not abundant to have caused that number of deaths. The crucial point is transmission. But we already know how, don't we? Why not put the idea to use?
World Population as of now is around 7.2 billion and those diagnosed with HIV are about 8 million. I am not saying that 8 million is too puny before 7.2 billion but the idea is that the rest of us have learnt about the disease. So we are trying. The doctors, the researchers, the NGOs that spread awareness and we, who advise each other, are all messengers of God. Don't you see that!
You said yourself that you believe in heaven or would like to. From this I collect that your idea of God is way too much exaggerated .If your idea of God's messengers is such flowery ,like in fantasy stories, then you need to just SEE for yourself and interpret. There is nothing like - God letting them suffer like that. God is already on the move. Its just that you want angels to appear magically from the sky with medicines, some heavenly sign to give us the Light or stuff like that. Then I just can't help you but tell you "Grow up!!"
Its not the mistake of humans that the HIV virus exists. We have to learn the fact and start working for it. God has taught us how to deal with problems through various examples(history) and has made us capable for it. But, again, why create the virus in the first place? Well, that's the way he works!! It is for us to decipher his uncanny signs and lead towards a better life.
Real can be tangible or may be not. What exists may not be tangible. Ideas exist but are not tangible. So, it was important to ask you what you meant by real. As for God, I don't know about tangibility.
alicemary_20

Con

alicemary_20 forfeited this round.
Cronicus

Pro

Cronicus forfeited this round.
alicemary_20

Con

alicemary_20 forfeited this round.
Cronicus

Pro

Cronicus forfeited this round.
alicemary_20

Con

alicemary_20 forfeited this round.
Cronicus

Pro

Cronicus forfeited this round.
Posted by Adam2 2 years ago
Adam2
First of all, Hitler never claimed to be on God's side. And if does make a difference, Hitler was a Roman Catholic