RedTeam
djdipretoro

Is God real?

RedTeam

Con

God isn't real, well at least in my eyes. I just can't stand how people rely on a man in the clouds. Let me give you an example of something about people who believe in God. A young boy is in a hospital who is very sick, his mother is praying to God for him to be healed. After a few days of being operated on he starts to get better. It was not God who saved him, it was the Doctor/Nurse.
djdipretoro

Pro

First I would like to address my opponents remarks and then I will put forth my arguments.

My opponent says "God isn't real, well at least in my eyes." From the outset, Con implicitly agrees to a relative view of truth. According to his opening statement, God is not real for him but he may be real for me. If it comes to what is real in my eyes, then God is real, just not for him. So, if my opponent wants to assert that God is not real, he must use absolute terms to do so.

Secondly, the question of a mother and her young boy can be reversed. Say, that the doctors are doing everything they can to save the boy, using every known method of treatment. However, he dies. Is it the doctor's fault? Is the doctor responsible for not saving the boy even though the doctor did everything he could?
The actual Christian response to a doctor making a sick boy well is that it was the doctor and God who healed him. We don't have to say it was either God or the doctor. If God is in control, then he can use the skills and knowledge of anyone. The bible teaches that man has a responsibility to care for others, yet God controls all things. "We throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall." So, in the case of the young boy, it is the doctor's job to do what he can to save the boy, but ultimately, the doctor cannot choose whether the boy lives or dies. God is the ultimate decision maker on everything.
RedTeam

Con

RedTeam forfeited this round.
djdipretoro

Pro

djdipretoro forfeited this round.
Posted by djdipretoro 2 years ago
djdipretoro
Who did? I addressed his assertions. Show me where I begged the question.
Posted by WeirdWordsWhat 2 years ago
WeirdWordsWhat
You begged the question. That's a logical fallacy.