wildphysicist
o0jeannie0o

Is God real?

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

wildphysicist

Pro

If God doesn't exist who made the Bible? Other people made the bible but it had so many pages and stuff why would people do that? Its because they wanted to create the bible to spread the gospel and stuff. If God doesn't exist then who would write the bible and pretend it was real and stuff.
o0jeannie0o

Con

Many people write books. I have written a book, I did so because I had a story to tell, a fictional story. I had not been told to do it by god. The bible is about 774,746 words long and written by over 40 different authors. That means on average a writer of the bible wrote about 19368 words. This may seem like a lot but it is not. For example:

The harry potter series was written by J.K. Rowling, Not 40 people Just 1. Her word count, Just for Harry Potter, is: 1,084,170 Much more then bibles.
wildphysicist

Pro

wildphysicist forfeited this round.
o0jeannie0o

Con

arguement extended
wildphysicist

Pro

Why don't you believe in God.
o0jeannie0o

Con

I have no reason to believe in god, especially not the Christian god. Doing something simply because that's what everyone else does has never been a motivator for me. I am agnostic with the knowledge that I cannot ever know if there is or is not a god let alone one that we know about.
wildphysicist

Pro

wildphysicist forfeited this round.
o0jeannie0o

Con

Knowledge is power, explaining things using magic will not help people realize their true potential. Science needs to be explored and thought about. We cannot do that if all everyone wants to say is "because of god". Logically I have no reason to say that god is undeniably real, no one does.

There was once a time when people thought the world was the center of the universe as we are gods greatest creation, many smart people died for thinking the truth due to ignorance.
wildphysicist

Pro

wildphysicist forfeited this round.
o0jeannie0o

Con

o0jeannie0o forfeited this round.
Posted by Mr.Chorlton 1 year ago
Mr.Chorlton
Not eligible to vote here. Clear winner though.
Posted by UndeniableReality 1 year ago
UndeniableReality
From Israelite: "...I'm tired of people talking foolishness,..."

Then perhaps you would consider furthering your education and joining the discussions taking place amongst academics in your field(s) of interest?
Posted by Atmas 1 year ago
Atmas
Israelite:
What evolution tells us is that we are part of a grand, dynamic, and ever-changing fabric of life that covers our planet. Even to a person of faith, in fact especially to a person of faith, an understanding of the evolutionary process should only deepen their appreciation of the scope and wisdom of the creator's work.

Kenneth R. Miller

Mull that over for awhile, hopefully I'll see you on the other side :)
Posted by DraftyBasilisk 1 year ago
DraftyBasilisk
I agree, having an answer doesn't make the answer right. If I posed that the Americans will find Kim Kardashian on the meteorite they landed on, and that will be the answer to the questions of the universe, I haven't found the truth, I have just given an answer based on no evidence and because it is the only answer given at the time, I claim it to be true. A lack of answers doesn't make the first answer right.
Posted by o0jeannie0o 1 year ago
o0jeannie0o
God isnt a reasonable answer to the questions such as "how did we get here". Simply because human knowledge, and science for that matter cannot prove 100% the theories YET does not prove that the only answer is god. Sure maybe god is a reason, but it may not be. Saying that god i the only answer pushes science back into the dark ages. Furthermore just because we dont know something doesn't mean it is magic or divine. There was a time when scientists where killed for saying that the world wasn't the center of the universe. This was simply because people couldn't comprehend that their god would not make them the center. Doing the same for why the universe is here or why humans are here does not help anyone!
Posted by TRUE-ISRAELITE 1 year ago
TRUE-ISRAELITE
So then if "God" doesn't exist, how did we get here?
Posted by DraftyBasilisk 1 year ago
DraftyBasilisk
God doesn't exist. The bible hasn't successfully predicted the future. It is man made. It's not down to us to prove his non-existence because there is no proof of his existence. If God is a proven fact, then the burden of proof would lie with us. It is not a proven fact. If I was to say that gravity didn't exist then I would need to give evidence for my claim because of the extraordinary and undeniable evidence for what I am trying to refute, however this is not the case. Until you prove he does exist, we do not have to prove that he doesn't.
Posted by TRUE-ISRAELITE 1 year ago
TRUE-ISRAELITE
So your not an atheist, your a witch (wiccan)? Listen, the way I come off is rude, I understand. The reason why is because I'm tired of people talking foolishness, yet they can't back up their claims. People want to say that there is no god, yet they cannot disprove that there is no god. All ya'll can say is that he doesn't exist because he would be here or some other ignorant response that ya'll can't explain. So that is the reason for my rudeness; I'm not going to sit here and let ya'll insult my father or teach his word falsely.
Posted by o0jeannie0o 1 year ago
o0jeannie0o
TRUE-ISRAELITE I am an agnostic wiccan, yes many of my views are "atheistic" but I am not an atheist.

LEARNINGHARD There is no reason to be an asshat.
Posted by TRUE-ISRAELITE 1 year ago
TRUE-ISRAELITE
How exactly am I trying to troll. I'm not here to troll, I'm here to get the truth out, since everyone is to ignorant to acknowledge anything!