Caseo7
FlammableX

Is God real ?

FlammableX

Caseo7

Pro

I wish whoever I vs good luck? Ok so I believe in God of the bible he is real.And he made everything if you look at everything today why is it so pretty? There has to be a creator of this world this galaxy is so beautiful and cool. Think about it
FlammableX

Con

While it is impossible to prove that a supernatural being does not exist, just as it is impossible to prove that unicorns and fairies don't exist, God most likely does not exist because of the lack of evidence provided to show he is real.

First, to show God is real, it is on the Pro to provide a definition of God ""which God he/she believes in, and why that particular God has veracity. They must also show why that particular God is correct, while the other 5000+ other deities and supernatural beings are incorrect.

The Pro's argument so far is that "And he made everything if you look at everything today why is it so pretty?" First of all, I would like to point out that this would not show that the "God of the bible" is real, anymore than it would show that Zeus is real. Next, I would like to point out that the "pretty" is a subjective term. Could you please define pretty? One cannot attribute "cool" things to a supernatural being without any evidence ""that could be likened to saying "my bedroom is pretty ""it must be made by God."

The reason cosmology and astrophysics exists is to explain how the universe essentially works, and how the galaxy is "so beautiful and cool." Just because something is cool, it does not mean that it is made by a supernatural being.
Caseo7

Pro

How is everything like it is?there has to be a creator you will all see the evidence of God in what you choose Heaven or Hell.
FlammableX

Con

I would like to assert that the Pro side has failed to address many of my points, including why his/her God has veracity, and why all other possible mutually incompatible supernatural beings are erroneous.

The question of "How is everything like it is?" does not mean that it was designed by an intelligent designer. The argument of fine-tuning needs evidence. Everything arose from the Big Bang, which has a numerous amount of evidence including the cosmic microwave background (CMB). Then, processes occurred, and eventually through evolution and chemical reactions etc., we have what we are today (though this is a frighteningly simplistic view of the 4.54 billion year old Earth).

I'm afraid I fail to understand your last sentence: "there has to be a creator you will all see the evidence of God in what you choose Heaven or Hell."

I would like to note again that the Pro has failed to address my points given in my first argument in round 1.
Caseo7

Pro

How is everything like it is there has to be a creator. My point is that you will find out proof when you die that God is real.
FlammableX

Con

There is no evidence that I will find out proof when I die that God is real. How would one know that when someone dies, they go to heaven or hell? This claim is easily invalidated.

Vote Con!
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 10 months ago
BIBLETHUMPER
Go PRO!!!!
Posted by MagicAintReal 10 months ago
MagicAintReal
RFD
This is pretty straightforward.
There were no conduct violations, S&G did not impact the debate enough for me to award points, and neither side provided sources, so none of those categories receive points, though Pro's grammar was close to negatively affecting their points, it ultimately did not.

Pro argues that god is real because:
1. When you look at everything, why is it so pretty/beautiful/cool?...must be a creator.
2. You will see the "god is real" evidence when you die/choose heaven/hell.

Con counters with:
1. Something being pretty could be used to prove that a pretty bedroom was made by god/ Pro's god is undefined.
2. Pretty needs to be defined.
3. Just asserting that something is cool, does not prove a supernatural creator.
4. The big bang, CMB, and natural explanations have evidence, unlike the "it's pretty therefore god" claim.
5. How can someone verify the claim if they're dead?

Pro's only giving me assertions and they seem to have no link to the resolution that god is real. Con effectively refutes all of pro's assertions, though it might have been beneficial for Con to source the big bang and cosmology claims. Either way, it's a successful refutation of an underdeveloped Pro's case.

Also, this idea that I will see the evidence when I die, doesn't provide evidence within the debate. If I can't see the evidence within the debate, and I have to die to receive this evidence, I question how this is evidence, which Con did successfully as well, and since it requires me dying, I wish not to see this evidence.

Pro never showed any reality on the part of their proposed, undefined god, and Con exploited this...so arguments to Con.
Posted by MagicAintReal 10 months ago
MagicAintReal
@Caseo7
You really should put a definition for god in your debate, because someone could just come along and provide some ridiculous definition of god in R1 and you'd basically be fighting off of your back for the rest of the debate.

You might want to use oxford dictionary's definition of god.
Posted by Normerican 10 months ago
Normerican
I want to go Con, despite being a Christian, because I wanna look at it from a secularist standpoint. However, I suggest viewing the hundreds of debates on this topic, I'm sure you will find someone here to debate you.

Unfortunately, I goes against what I stand for to make an argument like that. But good luck anyway.
Posted by SmallTacos 10 months ago
SmallTacos
You can't prove or disprove God. This shouldn't be a debate.
Vote Placed by Bolas 10 months ago
Bolas
Caseo7FlammableXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro seemed to not even want to be in the debate. Con brought up good points that were never addressed by Pro. Pro had terrible grammar and reading his "arguments" ,if that's what you call them, made my eyes bleed. Con had better conduct. Overall Con wins, no doubt.
Vote Placed by lannan13 10 months ago
lannan13
Caseo7FlammableXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling and grammar goes to Con on this. Pro makes several grammatical errors throughout the debate where one can simply glance over the debate and find them. Arguments also go to Con on the grounds that Pro did not address any of Con's points. Not to mention that all of the BOP was on Pro. I really do not have to go any further as I have no choice, but to give this debate to Con.
Vote Placed by MagicAintReal 10 months ago
MagicAintReal
Caseo7FlammableXTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.