JabinDavis
G-Money

Is God real ?

JabinDavis

Con

I am an Atheist and I don't believe in a God. I believe that if I am giving proof of a God then I will change my mind. So I want any religious person Christian, Muslim, Roman Catholic, whatever, to try to prove God's existence.

Rules:
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Claims
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Rebuttals
Round 5: Closing statements.

Definition of proof: "Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement."

Definition of God: "The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being." or "A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity."
G-Money

Pro

So, God is real and here is how i know
Go outside and look around, and think to yourself: Is there really any way this could have happened from an explosion or anything for that matter? Surely there is a God. Everything is so sophisticated; The animals and the way they know when to hibernate. YOU are probably the most sophisticated thing on this earth. The way your body works, the way how the planets know when to tilt the opposite direction.
How can their not be a creator and a mentor?
JabinDavis

Con

First off i would like to say thank you for accepting my debate, I really appreciate it. Ok so you doing the "There has to be an intelligent creator" argument, I will now say that that argument is completely wrong. Even though we are pretty sophisticated the design that intelligent. Let"s use Humans for example. Christians say that since we are so complex that an intelligent creator but everything about us says other wise. I can give you a few examples that prove that our bodies are not intelligently made. First are throats are stupidly made. Air and food have to go down there so if your food get stuck you won"t be able to breath. Secondly our genitals are horribly placed, especially for males. One small tap and they already hurt. Now onto the Earth. The earth is literally made to kill any weak species that doesn"t contribute to its survival and that includes humans. Earth is complex and amazing but that all can be explain through science. Your argument is "I don"t know how this is made so it must be God". That's the beauty of science. If we don"t know something we can use science to explain what it is. Now onto the how earth was created. That is an extremely long answer but the short answer is that our Solar System was nothing but a cloud of cold dust particles. This cloud of gas and dust was disturbed, perhaps by a supernova. Cloud of gas and dust started to collapse as gravity pulled everything together, forming a solar nebula a huge spinning disk. As it spun, the disk separated into rings and the furious motion made the particles white-hot. The center of the disk accreted to become the Sun, and the particles in the outer rings turned into large fiery balls of gas and molten-liquid that cooled and condensed to take on solid form. About 4.5 billion years ago, they began to turn into the planets that we know today as Earth, Mars, Venus, Mercury, and the outer planets. This is just one of a couple answers. Scientist don"t know the full actual reason yet but that's why we keep searching and experimenting, not assuming God did it. Your argument doesn"t use fact or logic, just assumptions that have no merit to them.
G-Money

Pro

So, first of all good point on the human body but we cannot control everything, we cannot do anything to change what has happened, but we must keep a positive outlook.
Second I do use FACTS is use the earth, it is an example of creation, which tells us God is real.
Fact- is a piece of evidence used to solve something.
The earth, our bodies, the animals, are all evidence that God is real.
Read Genesis chapters 1-3, it is the creation of the earth!

HOW WAS THE EARTH MADE? IF IT WAS NOT MADE BY GOD?

@ the comments God was in the beginning, that is in the Bible, " in the beginning was God..." it says clearly that God was the beginning he was their, and their was nothing before him.
JabinDavis

Con

Actually the definition of Fact is "a thing that is indisputably the case." What your doing is putting out CLAIMS not actual factual evidence and can be disputed. You can say God did all of those things all you want but you can"t prove it. I also told you how the Earth was made at the end of the paragraph. What I want from you is actual evidence that God exist, not CLAIMS, evidence.
G-Money

Pro

First- I want 5 reason why your statements are correct
Second-, it is not by force to believe in God it is FAITH
Look, a actual evidence is real it is called looking outside, it is ACTUALLY their, and it is their because God made it
You gave me an answer on how the earth was made, WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING IN IT?
JabinDavis

Con

1: What statement, could you be more specific on what statement you're talking about.
2: I know and that's why most christians can"t prove or convince people of God. You require no thought on your religion, just blind faith.
3: Again you're CLAIMING that the evidence is everything because God made it, but you can"t prove that. Your claims are as meaningless as me saying the evidence of unicorns existing is everything in this world.
G-Money

Pro

ok, last comment before i go

Blind faith is not the way to see it, it is believing with all your heart that God is real, and you have no doubt, you doubt God is real, i do not, because i know.

It cannot be proved or disproved, it is by Faith the Bible says "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6) If God wanted to show himself he would, but what would be the point of Faith if he did? Jesus says blessed are those who have not yet see but still BELIEVE that is clearly put in the Bible (John 20:29)

That does not mean, however, that there is no evidence of God"s existence. The Bible states, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world" (Psalm 19:1-4)

""He has also set eternity in the hearts of men." Deep within us is the recognition that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God"s presence in us and all around us is still obvious. Despite this, the Bible warns that some will still deny God"s existence: "The fool says in his heart, "There is no God"" (Psalm 14:1)
YOU ARE THE FOOL AND YOU HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO BELIEVE!!
In addition to the biblical arguments for God"s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God"s existence. It begins with the definition of God as "a being than which no greater can be conceived." It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE, YOU THINK MY FAITH IS BLIND?
YOU YOURSELF IS BLIND AND YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE GOD PUT THE THOUGHT IN YOUR HEART THAT HE IS REAL!!!!!!
JabinDavis

Con

1: You just proved that you blindly follow him. If you have no reason behind you answer other than '"believing with all your heart that God is real" then you are blindly following him.

2: Your right

3: This is not evidence it is just a CLAIM. something you clearly don't know the difference of.

4: "YOU ARE THE FOOL AND YOU HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO BELIEVE!!" ok now your just being crazy.

5: "HOW DO YOU NOT SEE, YOU THINK MY FAITH IS BLIND?
YOU YOURSELF IS BLIND AND YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE GOD PUT THE THOUGHT IN YOUR HEART THAT HE IS REAL!!!!!!" with what i just said.

Let review. you couldn't provide me evidence, you couldn't provide facts, and you couldn't even debate without calling me a fool. so in conclusion I win. thanks to all who read this. please vote if you haven't already.
G-Money

Pro

G-Money forfeited this round.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 8 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
I just re-read your statements JabinDavis: You definitions state:

You then go on to state the very reason Most are convinced that God exists.YOUR own statement.
Let"s use Humans for example. Christians say that since we are so complex that an intelligent creator.
in spite of personal knowledge of the intricacies of the human form, you foolishly begin a chorus of completely ignorant statements which have literally NO BASIS in scientific fact or even Medical opinions held by Physicians ... rather openly admitting their your own perceptions.

It is interesting that you began your opening debate statement with a falsehood? Your words were "I believe that if I am giving proof of a God then I will change my mind. "

So I'm sorry, you stated a debate based on a known Lie. You had no intention of serious debate, you came into it with a closed mind already. You proved that by suggesting personal ideas of HOW man should have been constructed, which are ignorant in the extreme.

You opened this debate BASED on a LIE or false statement. uh,uh,uh One of the rules is NOT to mislead people into debates .... do it again. and I'll turn you in. We are here to have open minded debates, not to play games, or spoof people.

now go to you room!
FollowerofChrist1955
You are free to state your beliefs as you see fit (JabinDavis) , might I suggest you discuss things you actually KNOW about and leave the Bible to those of us who actually study it. So as to not mislead those who are yet unlearned in scripture. Though I doubt you actually study anything of real value rather just accepting what scientist TELL you to believe. Never seeking truth, just going with the flow. That's okay, that's what all atheist do isn't it?
Posted by JabinDavis 8 months ago
JabinDavis
also ps to anyone who hasn't voted yet. plz vote.
Posted by JabinDavis 8 months ago
JabinDavis
you do know your bible says that the earth is flat right. get your bullcrap out of here
FollowerofChrist1955
Wrong Heirio 11, evolution is your act of willful denial as stated in scripture see?
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen.

What does DNA do? http://www.genome.gov......
DNA contains the instructions needed for an organism to develop, SURVIVE and reproduce.
The DNA strand is coded to allow for its creations to not ONLY develop, but to survive, adapt and overcome to EVOLE and reproduce a stronger more viable organism. This is WHAT the DNA strand DOES, and it is so complex, that WITH the assistance of supercomputers man has YET to fully understand.

Did you catch what happened? No? let me explain .... RATHER than glorify God for His creation ....... they worshiped the created ....... exchanging the TRUTH FOR A LIE ! ....... Remember?
Man refuses to glorify God ..... and instead called His work ..... EVOLUTION!
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
Yes, I know of evolution.
Never mentions God.
Posted by red_x 8 months ago
red_x
god is awesome, ever hear of a thing called evolution?
Posted by JabinDavis 8 months ago
JabinDavis
this guy literally gave up lol. he's done.
Posted by God_is_awesome 8 months ago
God_is_awesome
If there was an "explosion" what caused that? How was the grass; etc made? How was we made? If God is not real why is everything that is predicted that will happen, happening? Read the bible and do some research.
So violence prevailed in Noah's day and sexual immorality (including homosexuality) prevailed in Lot's day. And this would be a sign of the end times before Christ Jesus returns.
"2014 was a catastrophic year for millions caught up in violence."
2015 - MURDER RATES RISE SHARPLY IN MANY US CITIES
not only does violence and fornication rage across the whole world, homosexuality has become a "norm".
There are currently 110 MILLION Cases of sexually transmitted diseases with 20 MILLION new cases every year in America alone!

Just one of the many signs that he is coming back!
Posted by JabinDavis 8 months ago
JabinDavis
thats the exact same argument i used lol.