Castile
mohkooh

Is God real?

mohkooh has forfeited round #2.

Castile

Con

As a person who personally leans atheist I'd like to see a Christian side with a debate.
1- Point #1
2- Point #2
3- Point #3
4- Rebuttals
5- Closing statements
mohkooh

Pro

I believe that this creation needs a creator.
Castile

Con

First in order to debunk the myth of God I must define my definition of God, which is..."A supernatural being that can be the explanation of the origins of the Universe, made how it functions, and decides what happens after the death of an individual." Which is how I personally define it. I will personally mostly use the Christian God as evidence, because that is what I know the most about, but almost all religions are similar. I just want to clarify, I'm not trying to lure people out of religion, I just want to have a theological debate on an issue, sides I would say I'm a atheist leaning agnostic. So, here is how I'm personally going to organize my points.
1.) God isn't perfect, neither is his creations
2.) The psychology of people who believe in God
3.) The scientific understanding of it
4.) Disproving your claims
5.) Closing statement of my argument.
God is a multi-ethnic term, the ancient Greeks had their polytheistic ideas, and so do the Hindus, and so on. But, when you look at scripture these Gods aren't perfect. The God in Christianity says he is forgiving, but he in some way always goes against his claims. He also goes on to admit he is a very jealous God, which itself is an inherit flaw. God shouldn't have these flaws as he should represent what humanity isn't, which is perfection. Plus, his designs aren't perfect, humans and animals alike are born every day with inherit flaws, like birth defects, etc. they don't seem like the definition of "perfect" even though we shouldn't care about them less, even a disease like colorblindness is an example of imperfection. Plus, lets look at the endgame, Satan & the Anti-Christ will come back and a war will start. If God was perfect could he in theory take down them at any time? If he is choosing not to that seems pretty flawed, have a design of a planet with an abundance of living lifeforms be taken over by an angel, that he even banished, take over?
Posted by Castile 2 months ago
Castile
@ssadi I meant weird as in uncommon, like believing in the Greek gods or practicing Christianity in a way that it isn't commonly practiced
Posted by ssadi 2 months ago
ssadi
And what is weird about religious practices?
Posted by ssadi 2 months ago
ssadi
Like believing in parallel universes?
Posted by Castile 2 months ago
Castile
@ssadi prob something more like a weird way of practicing a certain religion that isn't popular or believing in something that isn't common(By weird I mean unconventional of course)
Posted by ssadi 2 months ago
ssadi
@Castile,

Like dark matter and dark energy, for example?
Posted by Castile 2 months ago
Castile
How many of you in the comments believe in something unconventional?
Posted by ssadi 2 months ago
ssadi
@TickleSheets101,

Your point?
Posted by TickleSheets101 2 months ago
TickleSheets101
Let's say my sister has cancer and she is dying
So I pray to "god" to ask him to help my sister in getting her well again
When praying to "god", 1 of 3 things will happen
1. She will get better shortly after I'm done praying.
2. she will get better over time, and in the end survive
3. she will die
The outcome would have been no different if I would have prayed to a soda can...
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
Sorry about it Zaephou. But never leave a "getaway"...
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
Exist".."Real" and "god" are the real problems with a "god idea"