Shader609
N0yer

Is Golf A Sport?

Shader609
Started: 12/22/2013 Category: Sports

Shader609

Pro

As a golfer, people are always saying that I am not an athlete because golf is not a sport. I will argue that golf is not only a sport but also one of the most difficult psychologically.
Rules
A. Round One Acceptance
B. Round 2 Arguments
C. Round 3 Counter Argument/Defending your own arguments
N0yer

Con

Hello, i don't mean to offend you or any other golfers. I just don't really think golf is a sport. Best of luck to you.
Shader609

Pro

When I hear that Golf is not a sport, I get dumbfounded. Dumbfounded because of the lack of knowledge about the sport. If you have ever played mini golf or real 18 hole golf, you would know that golf is a very difficult sport. Even though it is not physically demanding, golf is a mental sport. Golf is about strategy, physical ability, and mental toughness. As a golfer, you travel just about 365 days a year all over the world to play golf. As a golfer, golfer often work out and have to be on a diet in order to have energy for the four rounds of golf. Golf is an endurance sport. Having to golf four rounds of golf everyday is demanding on your body. People do not realize the dedication and commitment it takes to become talented at golf. Like anything in life, it takes time and practice. Other than boxing, golf takes the most dedication and practice. Constantly, golfers practice on their drives, short game, and putting. On television, it looks easy. People just do not take the time to realize how difficult golf is. Besides the actually sport of golf as reasoning, the definition of a sport also backs up my claim:
: a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other

: sports in general

: a physical activity (such as hunting, fishing, running, swimming, etc.) that is done for enjoyment

Golf is a physical activity; which has a specific rules. Because of the definition of a sport and golf as both an activity and sport, I can conclude that golf is a sport. Following links below include definition of a sport. In addition, I provided the governing bodies of golf, USGA & RA.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
https://www.usga.org...
http://www.randa.org...
N0yer

Con

N0yer forfeited this round.
Shader609

Pro

To make this fair, I will not post a round 3. All of my reasoning is listed above. Because there is no counter argument, there is no reason to write anything.
N0yer

Con

N0yer forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
Shader609N0yerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided a decent argument, which Con never stuck around to refute.