porkbunlover
asiansarentnerdy

Is Grass hot?

asiansarentnerdy

porkbunlover

Pro

OK. UH This is just a debate between me and my friend... SO yeah.. (: We WERE bored.

aight. well start LATER (:
asiansarentnerdy

Con

Hi, I will glady debate this issue of grass with my opponent.

Let's begin with defintions:
Grass: Any of various plants having slender leaves characteristic of the grass family (http://www.thefreedictionary.com...)
Hot: Sexually exciting (http://www.thefreedictionary.com...)

From what we all know when we label someone as "hot", it is usually a person, for obvious reasons. It would be reasonable for me to say that Zac Efron is hot, or some random guy that goes to my school is "hot". However, when we look at the resolution as proposed by my opponent, she has stated, "Is Grass hot?" If she were referring to the grass as defined in the definition above, she would not have capitilized the word Grass. Therefore, because my opponent has capitalized the word Grass, we must assume that Grass is a person, and obvoiusly, a guy.

Looking at the assumptions above, we can either assume that my opponent is referring to grass as a thing, or Grass as a person. I shall debate this both ways.

Assuming grass is a non-living thing, it would be incorrect for my opponent to label grass as hot. You cannot label a non-living thing with living characteristics. Labeling grass as "hot" would be the equivalent of me labeling my computer as "sexy." It is not possible for grass to be sexually exciting, using my defintion above, in the same way that it is not possible for my computer to be sexy.

Now if we assume that Grass is in fact another person, the many stereotypes that exist in our society today cannot be avoided if you decide to fall for somebody named Grass. If, in fact, my opponent has, most likely she will be made fun of by her friends. Most people would laugh if she actually admitted to liking someone named Grass.
Look at this conversation:
My opponent: "Hey, I like Grass. He's soo hot!"
Person B: "HAHAHA! What a weirdo! Who would like someone named Grass?"

This is the most plausible solution in most cases, if my opponent does like someone named Grass. She would probably be laughed at by everybody.

For all these reasons above, we must assume that Grass, is in fact, not hot at all.
Vote Con.
porkbunlover

Pro

Hi.

I agree with my opponents defenitions and assumptions for that matter. Grass, in fact is a boy. A hot boy. Grass is just a nickname. For example, look at this conversation if I had not created a nickname for the person:
Me: I like *murmer*
Person B: EWW!! I heard *blahblah* about him, and I heard he was caught picking his nose, and he was scratching his butt.

Now, this is a plausible situation, and my love for him would distinguish, thus possible estinguishing a perfectly capable relationship.

For example, you could label your computer sexy if it was covered in sexy pictures of sexy models...Anyone can think anything is sexy, no matter if it is alive or not.

So I will, as well, debate this both as a thing and as a person.

For all these reasons, you can assume grass is "hot", in my opinion.
Vote Aff.
asiansarentnerdy

Con

I thank my opponent for responding to this debate, and I shall organize this debate by using numbers to indicate the arguments that she proposes.

1) In the case where you have Grass as a nickname or "codename" for the actual person that you like, then no matter what you decide to call this hot guy, what he does still remains the same. Its the same thing whether or not you use a codename to hide the actual guy's name that you like. For example, I could nickname my younger brother Pencil. What he does from then on would still be associated with Pencil, and you would know. Eventually, obviously you would find out many things about the guy that you like, and in the scenario presented by my opponent where the guy that she likes was picking his nose, then you still would have found out about his nose scratching and butt picking habits and still be disgusted. And just on a side note, why would you like a guy that picks his nose?

2) And yes, I do concede that anyone can think that anyone is sexy. However, no sane person would think a non alive person as "sexy." True, I could label my computer as sexy if it was covered in pictures of sexy models, but then people would think that I was a porn addict and really strange. Therefore, while it is true that we can label a non alive object as sexy, we would be labeling ourselves as crazy, and no one wants to taint their name.

For these reasons, it is safe for us to assume that Grass is not hot.
Thank you. :)
porkbunlover

Pro

porkbunlover forfeited this round.
asiansarentnerdy

Con

I guess my opponent concedes that Grass is not hot.
porkbunlover

Pro

porkbunlover forfeited this round.
asiansarentnerdy

Con

Gahh yet another forfeit. :((
Posted by PoeJoe 7 years ago
PoeJoe
+ Factual correction: Grass lives.

+ Conduct is a tie. CON gets penalized for semantics, but then PRO forfeited.

+ English is a tie. Both sides had minor errors.

+ Argument to CON, because PRO forfeited.

+ Sources is a tie. I don't count definitions as sources.
Posted by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
But we already know each other.
Posted by porkbunlover 7 years ago
porkbunlover
The first round was meant for introductions.. :]
Posted by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
Theres too many rounds just about debating grass....
Vote Placed by asiansarentnerdy 7 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
porkbunloverasiansarentnerdyTied
Vote Placed by porkbunlover 7 years ago
porkbunlover
porkbunloverasiansarentnerdyTied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
porkbunloverasiansarentnerdyTied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 7 years ago
PoeJoe
porkbunloverasiansarentnerdyTied