MPro01123
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

AlwaysMoreThanYou

MPro01123

Con

Although I can see where you are coming from, how does the practice of witchcraft in a fictitious story promote Satanic rituals and values in everyday life?
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

I gleefully accept this opportunity to prove the Harry Potter books are, without a doubt, a malicious tool of Satan.

I will begin my argument at once.

Quotes:

The Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI wrote of the Harry Potter series:

'It is good that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because those are subtle seductions, which act unnoticed and by this deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly'

The Exorcist of the Archdiocese of Rome, Father Gabriele Amorth, said:

'Behind Harry Potter hides the signature of the king of the darkness, the devil.'

and

'Magic is always a turn to the devil.'

Professor Edoardo Rialti wisely wrote:

'Despite several positive values that can be found in the story, at the foundations of this tale is the proposal that of witchcraft as positive, the violent manipulation of things and people thanks to the knowledge of the occult, an advantage of a select few: the ends justify the means because the knowledgeable, the chosen ones, the intellectuals know how to control the dark powers and turn them into good… This is a grave and deep lie, because it is the old Gnostic temptation of confusing salvation and truth with a secret knowledge.'

The Greek Orthodox Catholic Church authorities declared that the Harry Potter series:

'acquaint people with evil, wizardry, the occult and demonology.'

Arguments:

Witchcraft and Wizardry are Satanic

1 Timothy 4:1 reads:

'Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error, and doctrines of devils,'

Clearly, the Holy Ghost manifestly saith that some will depart for the doctrines of devils. And what might these doctrines be? Clearly, this refers to Harry Potter, who in only the first book is taken to Hogwarts School of WITCHCRAFT and Wizardry. Wizardry is clearly condemned in Deuteronomy 18:10 as wrong:

'Neither let there be found among you any one that shall expiate his son or daughter, making them to pass through the fire: or that consulteth soothsayers, or observeth dreams and omens, neither let there be any wizard,'

Witches are also condemned, in Exodus 22:18 which reads:

'Witches thou shalt not suffer to live.'

Why are these practices condemned by God? Because they are doctrines of devils, and promote Satan.

Clearly, Witchcraft and Wizardry are evil and Satanic. The question now becomes, how do the Harry Potter books promote this devilish doctrine?

The Harry Potter books promote Witchcraft, Wizardry, and Satan

One startling example where the Witch Rowling slips up is in the 'book' Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In this book, Harry receives the following valentine:

'His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard.
I wish he was mine, he's really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.'

Note the bolded. This is a clear subliminal attempt to convince young and defenseless children that the godless Harry, in reality a Satanic Wizard, is actually divine. This is a blatant attempt to transfer the properties of God (divinity) to a devil worshiper, thus making Satan's followers appear good.

The Harry Potter books attack God, leading children to the Devil (Satan)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is where the Witch Rowling clearly slipped up, and tipped her hand a little bit too much, revealing her Satanic agenda to the forces of God. The entire book is an extended allegory championing Harry, representative of Satan, as victorious over God. Ridiculous, you say? Well, you won't be saying that for long.

Tom Riddle, known as LORD Voldemort, is clearly representative of God throughout this book. Tom Riddle inhabits a diary (representing the Bible) and works to thwart Harry's witchly schemes. In the book prior, Harry attempted to seize the Philosopher's Stone, representing the apple in the Garden of Eden, which Riddle attempted to prevent but failed. As Riddle represents God, yet is cast as the villain, we see immediate Satanic elements.

Lucius Malfoy, also cast as a villain, represents the Archangel Gabriel. He, bearing the diary of Tom, gives it to the innocent girl Ginny, who represents the virgin Mary.

Ginny grows to love the diary, confides in it, feels it is a friend to her, and overall has positive feelings about it. This is because the Bible, which the diary stands for, is good. However, the Witch Rowling encourages people to abandon such things, as seen when the anti-Christ Harry's influence leads her to uncertainty, doubt, and eventually apostasy.

In the final throes of the book, Tom attempts to become flesh to thwart the schemes of wicked Harry, yet Harry destroys the diary and prevents Tom from assuming human form. As a consequence, Harry's power remains, and he seduces Ginny for his own.

The Archangel Gabriel is then humiliated by the anti-Christ.

Clearly, this book attempts to sublimally turn children against God and to Satan by painting God as the villain and a witchcraft-using Satan-worshiping warlock as the protagonist.

Conclusion:

Harry Potter attacks God, supports witchcraft and wizardry, and encourages defection to the side of evil, Satan, by subliminally encouraging children that he really stands for good. Satan is up to his old tricks, and while they are pitifully obvious to the Godly, they are still able to capture the uninformed and defenseless.
MPro01123

Con

Although the Harry Potter series promotes the belief in a "divine" power of witchcraft to create a compelling argument towards the existence of magic and suchlike, this in no way confirms that such a "divine" power exists. In the series, Harry Potter uses his powers to fight the Dark Lord, yes, but this is because he was provoked by the Lord Voldemort. In what way does the use of words such as "Lord" in reference to Voldemort indicate that he was in any way a forthcoming of Christ, sent to destroy blaspheming witches and warlocks? There is no evidence that Harry Potter is in any way Satanic. Although you say that the story is a "reincarnation" of the values of Satan and that it leads to evil. there is no way of knowing for sure.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

I'll dive right into this.

Rebuttals:

Pro writes 'Although the Harry Potter series promotes the belief in a "divine" power of witchcraft to create a compelling argument towards the existence of magic and suchlike, this in no way confirms that such a "divine" power exists.'

Really? I suppose you're an expert on Witchcraft now, are you?

Why would the Holy Father condemn the books if they were harmless? Why would the Greek Orthodox Catholic Church condemn the books if they were harmless? Why would FATHER GABRIELE AMORTH, a man who has WRESTLED SATAN HIMSELF in his job as the VATICAN EXORCIST say the books were written by the devil if they were harmless?

An ex-witch wrote [1]:

'These books are orientational and instructional manuals of witchcraft woven into the format of entertainment. These four books by J.K. Rowling teach witchcraft! I know this because I was once very much a part of that world.'

and

'As a former witch, I can speak with authority when I say that I have examined the works of Rowling and that the Harry Potter books are training manuals for the occult.'

Some quotes from hapless brainwashed children:

'It would be great to be a wizard because you could control situations and things like teachers.'- Jeffrey

'I'd like to go to wizard school and learn magic and put spells on people. I'd make up an ugly spell and then it's pay-back time.' - Catherine

'I feel like I'm inside Harry's world. If I went to wizard school I'd study everything: spells, counterspells, and defense against the dark arts.' - Carolyn

'I liked it when the bad guys killed the unicorn and Voldemort drank its blood.' - Julie

As we can see, it is clear that the Harry Potter series promotes belief in Witchcraft, which is satanic. Therefore, the Harry Potter books are satanic, because they lead young children astray. As the MOST HOLY BIBLE says:

'Be not delighted in the paths of the wicked, neither let the way of evil men please thee.' - Proverbs 4:14

Children have no business being pleased by evils such as Witchcraft. Harry Potter has seduced many to the dark side in this manner; by feigning innocence it deceives children into accepting Witchcraft, and by extension Satan, into their hearts.

Pro writes 'In what way does the use of words such as "Lord" in reference to Voldemort indicate that he was in any way a forthcoming of Christ, sent to destroy blaspheming witches and warlocks?'

I clearly explained the extended allegory. Lord Voldemort was symbolic of Christ, Ginny was symbolic of the virgin Mary, and Lucius Malfoy was symbolic of the angel Gabriel. However, Voldemort was denied becoming flesh through the evil works of Potter.

The VATICAN EXORCIST declared Harry Potter satanic. I think that speaks volumes. If a man whose very job is to fight demons calls something satanic, that's pretty significant.

Pro writes 'Although you say that the story is a "reincarnation" of the values of Satan and that it leads to evil. there is no way of knowing for sure.'
Yes there are.

A former member of the Church of Satan member said regarding the Harry Potter books [2]:

'The books definitely draw kids to witchcraft.'

The ever-reputable and always accurate self-described 'America's Finest News Source' The Onion has an entire article about how the Harry Potter books sparked a rise in Satanism among young children [3].

There is no doubt in my mind, and there should be no doubt in the minds of others that Harry Potter is a tool of the devil, and clearly satanic in nature.

1. http://www.pacinst.com...;
2. http://www.godhatesgoths.com...;
3. http://www.theonion.com...;
MPro01123

Con

Pro supports his claims with websites ending in ".com", instantly invalidating his argument. Seeing as it's a commercial website, these can no longer be used as reference material. By citing these sources, Pro shows that he has no credibility behind his argument. Example: www.wikipedia.com, in which people may alter pages as they please. In such a way, it is possible that people can write that Harry Potter is a story about fluffy bunnies and happy, smiling flowers. So, in what way can Pro's websites be trusted?
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

Ohhhh snap! Right at the cusp of my success, my opponent snatches victory from the jaws of defeat with a novel argument! My websites end in .com! They can't be valid!

Now, I grant that my sources may not be valid, but my opponent has not given any reason to specifically doubt any of them (not even The Onion). My opponent's claim that anything ending in .com is not a valid source is ridiculous; even the gold standard of encyclopedias Encyclopedia Britannica is a .com [1].

Since my opponent has failed to successfully counter either my arguments or my sources, extend all arguments and vote for Pro.

1. http://www.britannica.com...;
Posted by music24.7 4 years ago
music24.7
Last year I read The Harry Potter series and I was extremely delighted! The series not only brought me much closer to the Lord but it also made me really appreciate the sacrifice he made on the cross. I would've highly appreciated if you would have quoted directly from the book instead of quoting random people stating that they were satanic. And like ellielynch21 said, if Harry Potter is from the devil then why would he make the point that love shall and will prevail?
Posted by ellielynch21 4 years ago
ellielynch21
if harry potter is satanic, then why is the main point at the end of the story that love will prevail? that voldemort loses at the end? j.k. rowling makes sure to point out that lily's most powerful magic came from within. not from magic, but a love so powerful and profound that voldemort couldn't even understand. why would the devil make the point again and again that harry would make the ultimate sacrifice and die for everyone to save them? because isn't that what Jesus did?
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Posted by MPro01123 4 years ago
MPro01123
If I had more time on my hands, I could have attempted a better argument, sorry that I couldn't offer a good debate
Posted by jh1234l 4 years ago
jh1234l
Umm.. The onion is a satire news source...
Posted by enothehippie 4 years ago
enothehippie
I agree, It has to be quite challenge to put up an argument like that.

One of the reasons I came this site was to develop argumentative skills, and I can't imagine anything harder than defending something so extreme.
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
This debate was just randomly challenged to me.

Why not go for it?
Posted by MPro01123 4 years ago
MPro01123
Why would you support this cause when you don't even believe it?
Posted by jmansporting 4 years ago
jmansporting
So pro, you don't actually believe in your cause? Wow, you're a pretty good debater... however the guy you're facing isn't too great. I'm new to this site, but you've got some pretty good arguing skills. Congrats
Posted by enothehippie 4 years ago
enothehippie
Oh...so that's how it works ha ha, sorry, I Literally just found my way to this site. Perhaps I should have read some of the guidelines on the forums. In that case.....

damn your good.
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
What 'cause'?

You are aware I don't believe this, aren't you?
Vote Placed by eastcoastsamuel 4 years ago
eastcoastsamuel
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd first like to mention that I completely disagree with AlwaysMoreThanYou; I do not think the books are in anyway Satanic. However, AlwaysMoreThanYou had extremely convincing arguments with actual sources while Pro did not use any sources and used very weak arguments. This debate is a clear win for Pro.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro certainly made more arguments. However, they were superficial, and based on technicalities and semantics, with highly biased and unreliable sources (including online Tabloid "The Onion"). However, Con made poorly executed arguments, and tried to pull semantics of his own, losing the original conduct point that I had given him. Generally speaking, this was an incredibly stupid debate.
Vote Placed by Billdekel 4 years ago
Billdekel
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Pro supports his claims with websites ending in ".com", instantly invalidating his argumet" LOL come on.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stupid debate
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 4 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: I honestly cannot express the idiocy of not just the debate, but the arguments, followed by the comical value... funny though.
Vote Placed by TrasguTravieso 4 years ago
TrasguTravieso
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: I never thought I would vote in favor of Pro. This really made my day. The britannica.com source clinched the debate for me.
Vote Placed by emj32 4 years ago
emj32
MPro01123AlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never engaged any of Pro's arguments. Con tries to discredit Pro's sources by attempting to invalidate all '.com' sources, which is weak at best.