TheSwagBandit
TheDoctor18

Is Homosexuality Natural?

TheDoctor18

TheSwagBandit

Con

Homosexuality.

I believe that homosexuality is a choice, and I beleive that it is supported by either science or religion.

Pro can decide what route that is going to be taken.

Hope to have a good debate with a fine wight.
TheDoctor18

Pro

Homosexuality is perfectly natural. People seem to think that it is not but I say they are wrong because I am a lesbian and I would say I am perfectly normal. I lead a normal life, worrying about school, worrying about relationships, doing as much as I can in my young life. I know for a fact that heterosexual people worry about the same things I do because the majority of my friends are straight. We share our problems and we can relate to one another. Nobody treats me differently or specially because I'm gay. I would like to point out that I was raised by my mother and father, two people viewed as 'natural' in our very heterosexual society.
The thing with straight people believing that gays are somehow not natural is that they were taught to believe that a 'normal' family consists of a man and a woman, and that anything different is unnatural. But what is so unnatural about love? When a straight person falls in love, don't they feel that wonderful, sensational, unbelievable feeling of love? We do too. We feel the exact same feeling of butterflies in our stomach when we see the person we love. It may not be what the media portrays as 'love', and it may be viewed as unnatural, but all it is is who we are. We do not think that heterosexual love is strange; we think of it as another type of love that isn't necessarily suited for us.
All and all, we really aren't any different from anyone else. We're just people. We love who we love and you all love who you love. There's nothing wrong with that.
TheSwagBandit

Con

I'm not judging anybody for being gay.
I am coming from a more scientific point of view.

Some people think that you are just "born" gay. You choose to be gay. Coming from a scientific point of view, it is not natural. Species are made for reproducing and thriving, but with homosexuality, that cannot happen. People say if a parent or parents are bisexual or homosexual, it increases the chance of the child being gay. It is not genetic, it is mental. The amount of gay people has gone up drastically in the last twenty or thirty years, because now it is socially acceptable, and people just want to be more individual. So, in a religious standpoint, almost all religions do not believe in homosexuality. It is dangerous as well. People have been getting more and more STDs being homosexual because it is easy for viruses to adapt, given that it is not how organisms normally behave.

Now, you may be thinking that I am some horrible person for thinking that being gay isn't natural.
It's just an opinion. It does not define me as a person.
TheDoctor18

Pro

Let me ask you a question: Would you make the decision to be gay knowing that you would be ridiculed, looked down on, and denied rights, so much to the point that you would contemplate trying to change who you are or committing suicide? No. No one in their right mind would want that. You wouldn't want to decide to be gay because it's not who you are. We did not choose who we are. Can you tell me exactly which people are saying bisexual or homosexual parents are more likely to have a gay child? I just want to see some evidence. And the only reason the 'amount of gay people' has gone up drastically is because it's becoming more acceptable for us to admit that we are gay and not hide who we are. There have been plenty of people in history who have been gay, but they weren't public with that information because they probably would have been arrested, sent to a mental asylum, and/or killed. (http://en.wikipedia.org...) Also, you can get an STI from anyone, not just homosexuals. That whole craze began in the 1980's when people started coming out and people saw a correlation (not a causation) between the number of homosexuals and the amount of people getting AIDS.

I don't think you're a horrible person for having an opinion; I just don't agree with your's and I will defend my opinion.
TheSwagBandit

Con

TheSwagBandit forfeited this round.
TheDoctor18

Pro

Have I convinced you enough? Homosexuality is perfectly natural just as much as heterosexuality.
TheSwagBandit

Con

TheSwagBandit forfeited this round.
TheDoctor18

Pro

All right. I think I've made my point.
Posted by TomGomez 3 years ago
TomGomez
I would like to ask the instigator a question. When did you choose to be heterosexual? In my personal experience, I don't remember choosing being heterosexual, so why should it be different for homosexuals?
Please, don't take this comment as an offense, a lack of respect or something like that, I'm just commenting with the best of my intentions. :)
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
TheSwagBanditTheDoctor18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit, S&G for errors, arguments because PRO made one, while CON just made claims, sources because PRO offered one.