Is Homosexuality acceptable in God's eyes?

I am challenging you to a debate as to whether God is accepting of gay "marriage" and homosexuality as a whole.

The Bible makes it clear that homosexuality is a sin. I see you identify as a Christian. How do you, as a "Christian", actively support and debate for something that goes directly against God's word? God first made his opinion on homosexuality clear in Leviticus 18:22: "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman: that is detestable" In the New Testament, God spoke through Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Thank you for choosing me to debate with you!

First for all, true Christians don't hate people for something they can't help.

Second of all, God is portrayed in the Bible as a loving person who accepts people for who they are, is He not? After all, God always wanted the best for His people.

Third, being a Christian is about being a good person. If you hate people for something they can't help, then you aren't a good person.

Fourth, God wants us to be good people. Again, He doesn't want us to hate people for something they can't help. He loves all His children. This is the ultimate message that God has for us.

Fifth, God sent Jesus into the world because he wanted to make the world full of good people, did He not? Again, good people don't hate people for something they cannot help.

In conclusion: If God wants all of His children to be good people, that means not hating others for something they cannot help. Therefore, God thinks homosexuality is fine.

Thanks! :)

Your first mistake is assuming that homosexuals can't help it. That's a dangerous assumption. Besides, with your logic, you can excuse anyone's sin with a simple shrug of your shoulders and the phrase, "they couldn't help it." There is no scientific evidence that homosexuality is innate. And anyway, every human has a vice in their life that they have a particularly hard time dealing with. For some, it's alcohol. For others, it's pornography. And so on and so on. And you're right, true Christians don't hate homosexuals. We love the sinner, but hate the sin. Sin isn't godly, and therefore shouldn't be loved.

Your second point was that God is portrayed in the Bible as a loving person who "accepts people for who they are". Not really. That would mean that God wouldn't send people to hell.

Third, Christianity is NOT about simply being a good person. That's way too vague. A Muslim could easily say the same thing about Islam. And by the way, I don't hate homosexuals. You people need to get this idea out of your heads. Calling for the protection of sacred traditional marriage is not the same as hating homosexuals. Sadly, this misconception is rampant in the media. Now, even speaking against gay marriage leads to cries of "homophobic" and "anti-gay".

Your argument is reliant on the idea that homosexuality cannot be helped. God clearly thinks that it can, as indicated in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. That would mean that all homosexuals would automatically be going to hell, no hope possible. The reason God sent Jesus into the world was not to make the world full of good people. That's nonsense. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." God will eventually destroy this world, so sending his son to make this world good is a waste of time. No, God wants us to spend ETERNITY with him. Jesus came for souls. If you are saved and have a relationship with Jesus, you will be a good person, by God's standards. The world's standards change. God is the same today, yesterday, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

Your argument is basically this phrase repeated over and over: God wants us to be good people, and good people don't hate others for something they cannot help. Your statement is technically true, but you are using this sentence in the wrong context. This applies to handicapped people, the mentally disabled, or even race. Not homosexuality. God makes it clear that he disapproves of homosexuality, in both the Old and New Testaments. Homosexuality is a sin. Do I love homosexuals? Yes, just like you do, I presume. But we differ in that you embrace homosexuality, which is an abomination against God. That is a sin in itself.

How can homosexuality not be helped?
How is saying that homosexuality cannot be helped a dangerous assumption?
Does it only matter what God thinks? Being a Christian doesn't mean having God's mind. You can have your own mind.
Homosexuality is fine, because it's true love. True love is not a sin unless it is adultery, right?

Thanks :) I was just having a bad day yesterday, so that's why I didn't post.

Homosexuality is true love? That is utter balderdash. 1 John 4:8 says, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." I gave you verses from God's word that show that God intends for marriage to be between a man and a woman only, and that God despises homosexuality because it is a sin. You are bordering on blasphemy, my friend; be careful. I suggest a thorough reading of God's Word. Your third sentence makes absolutely no sense. What do minds have to do with anything? And yes, in the end, it only matters what God thinks. Because in the end, he will decide to send you to heaven or hell. God doesn't take suggestions. When it comes to matters like sin, thoughts that differ from God constitute as sin. The last person who asked, "does it only matter what God thinks?" was thrown out of heaven. His name was Lucifer. You know him today as Satan.

Love is not something that you can redifine or define to fit your own view. That's the worldly vision of love. True love is God. Homosexuality is not of God, so it CANNOT be true love. And anyway, couldn't you just switch out homosexuality for pedophilia and polygamy in your argument? What about those cases?

I wish you would be more polite in your debating.

Even if homosexuality isn't okay in God's eyes, it's not like people can change their sexuality. It's who they are and just because they love the same gender doesn't mean that they should go to hell.

1: an intense feeling of deep affection.
2: a person or thing that one loves.

1: feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.

1: (of a person) sexually attracted to people of own's sex.

1: a person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex.

My point is that love mean to feel a deep romantic or sexual attraction to someone. It mentions nothing about God. Are you really going to say that love is a sin? You admit that God himself is love. Being a homosexual means being sexually attracted or romantically attracted to someone of their own sex, as I have displayed.

Thank you. Please do not question my beliefs. Don't say that as a Christian, I am not free to have a mind of my own and I must depend on a man who just might not even exist to know what to think and what not to think.

What I can't understand is this: you say your Christian, yet you have the slightest of doubts of God's existence, and you trust the dictionary over God's word? A dictionary, written and published by people who may not be Christian!

Nevertheless, I'll humor you.

a person who is sexually attracted to children.

You say, "love means to feel a deep romantic or sexual attraction to someone." Well, there you go. By yours and the dictionary definitions, you have just classified pedophilia as a type of love. And your dictionary definition of love is not only what God is about. There are actually three types of love mentioned in the Bible:

I apologize if I come off as rude. I'm just surprised that someone like you can claim to be a Christian yet vehemently hold several beliefs that go directly against God's Word. Again, I suggest a thorough reading of the Bible.

Thank you for your ludic---cough---interesting---argument. *poker face*

No, I did not. I did a reading of the Wikipedia page, and I found that pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder. Is homosexuality a psychiatric disorder? No. Again, homosexuality is defined as a sexual or romantic feeling towards the same gender. Again, love is defined as a sexual attraction or a deep affectionate feeling to someone.

You are basically saying that homosexuality is a psychiatric disorder where it is clearly a form of love. You are also basically saying that love is a psychiatric disorder as well.

(Note that I am a Presbyterian, which is a looser form of Christianity, please. We tend to be less strict and less conservative, much more accepting that Catholics and Christians.)

Thanks you!

Homosexuality was defined as a psychiatric disorder for decades, until protests led to its removal from the list. I'm sure that with enough support, pedophilia could leave too. Again, you say love is defined as a sexual attraction or a deep affectionate feeling to someone. Again, pedophilia is defined as a sexual attraction to children.

Your logic is extremely flawed when you say, "You're also basically saying that love is a psychiatric disorder as well." With your logic, any love is homosexuality. I can't tell whether you're arguing that homosexuality is a type of love, or that homosexuality is love. There's a distinct difference. And anyway, seeing as you are a girl, I'm surprised that you don't see a difference between sex and love. There's a big difference.

I did note that you were a Presbyterian. That's why I asked you to the debate. You say it is a "looser" form of Christianity, which is very true. You say that Presbyterian is more "accepting" than Catholics and Christians. Accepting of what? Sin? All good Christians welcome everybody into their churches, whether they are homosexuals, murderers, or alcoholics. We accept the sinner, but not the sin. That's called being Christ-like. And it's sad that the Presbyterian church is so loose now. But that has been predicted. 2 Timothy 4:3 says, "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." Churches like the Episcopalian and the Presbyterian have become just that.

I've used the Bible to assert my position that the Lord forbids homosexuality in his Word, and that homosexuality is a sin. You've used the dictionary, wikipedia, and what you THINK Christianity is all about to argue that it isn't.

I rest my case. Thank you for debating with me, and God bless.

Thank you very, very much :)

In conclusion: Homosexuality isn't a religious case, really. It's more personal. Gay rights is something political, and God doesn't exactly count in politics most of the time.

Gay's don't choose to be gays. You can look to science for proof.

God hates sinners. Sinners are hateful people who do the wrong thing. Tell me how loving someone who's really just the same gender as you (at least it's love) is wrong. Think past gay stereotypes and blind faith where you follow every single questionable thing that God decrees just because you don't want to go to hell.

If God supports hating someone just because they love the same gender, then He is not really true love. Besides, He has done even worse things then being homophobic, such as:

* Slaughtering innocent people because He's angry and sad with the bad people of the world in Genesis 7:21-23
* Performing numerous genocides, such as in 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, Exodus 12:29, and many, many others.

So, He kills many people just because.

Oh, and He's homophobic.

Thank you!
Posted by mwesigwa1 1 year ago
Pro also said that God hates sinners...
Posted by mwesigwa1 1 year ago
The argument was whether homosexuality was a sin. Pro didn't believe it was.
Posted by pyevchik 1 year ago
I believe that Pro has won this argument. Homosexuality is a sin, but so in stealing or lying. Our job as christians is not to judge for Jesus said that the church is not for clean people and you do not bring healthy people to a hospital. So our job as christians is to not to judge but to help and change
Posted by mwesigwa1 1 year ago
I agree with you, thatoneguyyouonceknew.
Posted by thatoneguyyouonceknew 1 year ago
You're all wrong on so many different levels. God does NOT hate all sinners because we are ALL sinners. All sin separates us from god. Because of that, Jesus had to go to the Cross and Die. But we have to accept him first. But God is not always portrayed as a loving father. Many times in the old testament, God told his people to wipe out entire cities of sinners. Sometimes he did it himself. After all, God did wipe out the Earth once, only sparing Noah and his family. I'm not saying that God is going to burn the earth for it's sins, but the fact of the matter is that people DO go to hell. We should all try not to sin and accept God's forgiveness for when we do. The issue with Homosexuality is the same issue that one would have with a porn addict. If one continues to sin without trying to change, it bodes the question if you really accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. It is important for everyone to remember that God is the judge however. It is not our place to make anyone feel hated by Christians, regardless of any sin.
Posted by MaseDawg76 1 year ago
GoOrDin ... I'm a Christian. Against Homosexuality, and couldn't be more ashamed of what you posted.

Using foul language is a sin too bud did you know that?

"2. God was not portrayed as being loving int he Bible, he Hates adultery and perversion."
If he hates adultery so much, why does this happen in John 8? (Versus 2-7)

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

My argument is homosexuality is a sin, i'm no better then any one else. However if you sin and do not repent, you are supposed to be condemned to Hell and that's a fact.

People are born serial killers right? Is it okay for them to kill?

I'm not all high and mighty, I don't hate gay people, I don't think you should hate anyone. However I do feel you should try to spread the Word in a positive productive way, and people like GoOrDin give Christians everywhere a terrible name.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
Hate what God hates, Love what God loves. God says condemnation is for sinners. He only sent Jesus to prevent us from being sinners, "To save us from being sinners." Not to save sinners.

God hates sinners. God does not love all people. He only loves those who repent from adultery, atheism, perversion and selfishness. He welcomes those back to believe those things are condemnable in nature, and rejects everyone who believes they are acceptable even if they are pure in actions.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
PRO doesn't even know what Christianity is. He is Blaspheming simply by stating anything about the religion, never mind trying to use it to justify homosexuality. He is a fuccked up piece of shitt.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
Pro is a retard.

I am glad he didnt suggest homosexuality was Natural as a debate. I would have rights to slander, because, no, it's as natural as fuckking my dog.

1. people can't help themselves from Hating people any more then a homosexual can help himself from loving someone. Secondly, sometimes you hate homosexuals for advocating anal and oral sex to children in public, meaning it is justified hate. Or the advocating of anal sex to disrespectful asssholes in high school. Because that is what the presence of a homosexual is. Advocating of anal and orals ex. Anal to vaginal sex causes Yeast infection.

2. God was not portrayed as being loving int he Bible, he Hates adultery and perversion.

3. Christianity: Proverbs; the fear of God is to hate what God hates. & the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom. You care not a Christian if you do not hate perversion and adultery. You denied the Word of God if you do not hate these things and there is no forgiveness for you.

4. God's ultimate message was that, he condemns sinners and rewards those who are chaste or passionate or charitable. The worst condemnations are for those who pervert children, for their blasphemy is worst.

5. "Jesus did not come to spread peace, he came with a sword in his mouth.". Jesus did not come to save sinners, he came to save people from being sinners. Jesus promised the condemnation of sinners who do not repent.

IN conclusion God wants all his Children to be Good people,

Homosexuals are condemned for their arrogance** God does not love Homos.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
Vote Placed by Ab_M 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution was "is homosexuality acceptable in God's eyes?" and Pro made the argument why homosexuality was acceptable to her, not to God. Pro was untopical. Even in her last statement, Pro said "God is a homophobe." Homosexuality is not acceptable in the eyes of a homophobe. Both sides were disrespectful, but Con was condescending, and Pro's disrespect was really just a reaction to Con's initial rudeness. However, Con was topical, and made his points, responding to all of Pro's points. Pro reinforced her own points, but did not really respond to Con's.
Vote Placed by Varrack 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution asks whether homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes; however there was no definition of homosexuality given, even though it's usually defined as it being the attraction between the same gender, not the *acts* performed on it thereof. Con seemed to imply that homosexuality includes acts, and Pro didn't contest this until much later when it was too late, so I can't mark down Con for that. Pro on the other hand didn't necessarily show the acceptability of homosexuality in God's eyes, but argued that "Christians should love everyone". This doesn't negate the resolution because, as Con pointed out, God can love people without approving of their actions. Thus, because of Pro's lack of arguments needed to negate the resolution and Con's Bible verse that shows that homosexual acts are immoral, Con's case has more of a base to it and was more convincing than Pro's.