Supremefatdj
hugojoy

Is Homosexuality ok from a Christian view point?

Supremefatdj

Con

In a Christian view point, homosexuality is a sin. My definition of Christian viewpoint is that God exists, Jesus exists, Holy Spirit exists, they are all one, the Bible is true, and everything written in the Bible is literal.
Here are some verses/examples in the Bible that says homosexuality is wrong. These are from both the Old testament and the New testament:
1. Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
2.Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination."
3.Corinthians 6:17-20, "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

I believe that we shouldn't hate on the gays themselves, however we still need to recognize that it is a sin. We shouldn't be promoting homosexuality and instead of encouraging it, we should try to stop it. We should try to help those who need it (gays).

Therefore, my argument is that we shouldn't support homosexuality and recognize it as any sin. (Romans 6:23) Homosexuality is bad and if you truly want to help them, stop supporting it and instead try to fix it. I believe that the best approach is to say that all people are sinners. Don't necessarily say that they will go to hell because they are gay; we all deserve to go to hell (Romans 3:23). So instead of supporting it OR despising the people who are gay, we should try to stop it and instead love(christian love) them.

Does anyone oppose?
hugojoy

Pro

In religious beliefs Homosexual is really against in the bible, but us as a human "who am us to judge them?".
They are still humans that has same rights like us, they just go to other path.
As what the verse said "I believe that the best approach is to say that all people are sinners. Don't necessarily say that they will go to hell because they are gay; we all deserve to go to hell (Romans 3:23). "
All people are sinners and we all deserve to go to hell, the Homosexual might always be a sin but sin will always be humans nature.

1 Samuel 16:7 ESV / 832

But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart."

1 Timothy 4:4 ESV / 278

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Bible has a lot to say it's sometimes agree and sometimes gives other opinion, it's only in humans on how they understand it.
Supremefatdj

Con

1. "For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving."
However, in Genesis, Adam disobeyed God and sin entered the world, therefore tainting God's creation. It even says before Noah and the flood that God regretted creating humans. The only reason we are still here is because Noah was faithful to God.
2. " Bible has a lot to say it's sometimes agree and sometimes gives other opinion, it's only in humans on how they understand it."
However, I am not saying whether to judge if the homosexual individual is bad. As I said earlier, we are all sinners. What I am trying to say is that we shouldn't allow homosexuality. If you look at the news media, people are supporting homosexuality, even some Christians. What I am trying to say is that it is not ok to support Homosexuality. Yes, I agree that it is not our job to criticize them, but it is our job to help them. Our job is to help everyone by leading them to Christ. Murderers, thieves, every sinner. Its just that these days, people are supporting Homosexuality and saying that it is a choice that we must respect. But my question is : Why don't we respect murder or any other sin then? The answer is because it is MORALLY bad, right? However it has changed that homosexuality is no longer morally incorrect. I am saying that this statement is false and that homosexuality is still bad.

Therefore, I agree that it is not our place to judge the homosexuals but it is God's place to judge. What I am stating however, is that we should not support nor encourage homosexuality because it is a sin.
hugojoy

Pro

Whether we like it or not, Homosexual will express theirselves even we point a gun to them they would never change. Our world is already modern and people are already open minded about that things, We don't want gays to be gay but how could we stop them? If Gods disagree with the gay, then why did he makes gays or lesbian ? he could stop it. His the most powerful, he can stop it. But then he let boys to be gay and girls to lesbian because he wants our happiness and our happiness is Gods happiness. Murders is already a different thing they already cut lives while gays don't, thieves already getting something that is not belong to them, while gays battle their selves before thinking their gays. Im not saying that we should consider the gays but lets just be happy if they gonna go back as they really meant to be, If not lets just pray for their sins , as we are all sinners, they just make a sin that different from ours.
Supremefatdj

Con

We should approach the Homosexuals with a certain aspect. We shouldn't approach them with hate or saying that they will all go to hell. However, we shouldn't focus on the world and the values of people. People change all the time. At one point being gay is bad, then now it is accepted. People change. What doesn't change is God. He is constant from beginning and end. You may say "if God disagree with the gay, why did he create gay or lesbian". God did not create sin first of all. Second, God did not create gays or lesbians. God allows Free Will however. This is a choice that the gay or lesbian community choose. Your argument is invalid. You have no evidence to back up that God will allow gays to remain because He wants them to be happy. Our happiness is not God's happiness. Our happiness doesn't come from the fact that everything we want happens. That is being spoiled. True happiness is worshipping God and enjoying everything we do for the Lord. God wants us to be happy, but not with the worldly pleasures. Your argument can be retorted with the fact that most sins make us feel happy: sex, gluttony, pride,etc. But those are all sinful pleasures, thus God does not want us to be happy with sin, but happy with him.
Just as you said, that we are all sinners. Sin=sin, there is no greater sin.
Therefore a gay man is just as guilty as a murderer or a thief. No sin is different than ours. And no sin should be tolerated. If we are going to not tolerate murder of stealing or any sin, homosexuality is not okay and we should not support it. Supporting it is the equivalent to supporting any other sin.
Lastly, a gay man can change his ways. We can do this if we stop supporting it and see it as a problem. What we can do is actually help them. It is statistically proven that homosexuals commit suicide. However, the modern people say it is due to bullying. It statistically proven that homosexuals still commit suicide in a safe environment. Therefore it is safe to conclude that they are NOT happy with themselves. They need God in their lives. And for those who are gay christians, if God says do not lie, will you lie? NO! Same thing, if God says do not be homosexual, you would listen to God because you believe in Him, and that if He says it is a sin, then you should STOP!
I am going to end with this: I strongly stand in the negation that Homosexuals should be allowed according to a Christian view. I have backed up my evidence with quotes from the Bible and with statistics. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.
"Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." (Romans 1:27)
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men". (1 Corinthians 6:9)
hugojoy

Pro

I know I don't have an evidence that bible consider the Homosexual but if you think theirs a gay out there that wants to be a man but they struggle to fight with their feelings , We need to support them whatever they wanna be. We may tell them what is the right path but is he really be happy ? God give us free will to give our happiness then why can't we consider their happiness , we judge them because it's a sin but to our self when where making sins it doesn't matter because people thinks people can make a sin. No one is perfect. I may be lost this debate but I'll still support them because their still humans that need their happiness. I know it's wrong but God has a plan to each one of us.
Posted by RadiBear 11 months ago
RadiBear
@Supremefatdj Quick notice: I think you mean "We should [not] hate on them..."
Posted by Supremefatdj 11 months ago
Supremefatdj
@Max9
God will never hate anyone. God is the definition of true love. What he does is say that Homosexuality is sin. Homos are just like us, they are all sinners. What God wants us to do is to spread His gospel to everyone and love them. We should hate on them like the Baptist Churches. What we should do is to help them.
Posted by Max9 11 months ago
Max9
Do another one of these debates, Ill take con if you want.
The Bible is clear that their God hates homosexuals and orders them to be executed. :P
Posted by Supremefatdj 11 months ago
Supremefatdj
@GrimlyF "From a homosexual christian's view point it must seem o.k. mustn't it?"

But the thing is, homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible. So basically if they consider the fact that they are not repenting or accepting the fact that it is a sin, it is basically a long term sin. I'm not saying they are worse sinners because sin=sin, however what I'm saying is that they shouldn't accept the fact that its okay.
Posted by Supremefatdj 11 months ago
Supremefatdj
so then debate with me if you are a homosexual christian
Posted by GrimlyF 11 months ago
GrimlyF
From a homosexual christian's view point it must seem o.k. mustn't it?
Posted by Supremefatdj 11 months ago
Supremefatdj
yeah. im new too lol.
Posted by Nathan_Willey 11 months ago
Nathan_Willey
Well I'm not really sure on whether or not someone can be born gay but I don't think it affects what I said to much. I also agree that people are born into sin but can be saved through grace. I'm new to debate.org but maybe we can have a conversation sometime?
Posted by Supremefatdj 11 months ago
Supremefatdj
That can be a whole other debate because you see, I believe that a person is not born homosexual, just as some baby is not born as a murderer. I believe that they are born sinners and that they make the CHOICE to sin.
Posted by Nathan_Willey 11 months ago
Nathan_Willey
hugoy the debate is about whether or not the bible views homosexuality as ok. It seems to me like you are saying that it is a sin but nevermind that because we are all sinners. If this is true then you pretty much just lost the debate because you are agreeing that the bible veiws homosexuality as something that is not ok just adding that it also says other things aren't ok.

The way I see itif it is possible for someone to be born homosexual they are not inherently sinning because of that. In the examples I have seen the bible comes after the act that comes with it. I think that the normal guidelines for adultury apply to homosexuals that apply to us with the added guideline that they should not marry according to their attraction at all.