PhilosophicalPensiveness
Aerogant

Is Human Perception the Right One?

PhilosophicalPensiveness

PhilosophicalPensiveness

Con

In this Universe there are many aspects and concepts of life that we seem to understand or are at least knowledgeable of their existence. Our brains analyze all stimuli and send us feedback information of what we are trained to believe it is. It does not take a genius, however, to realize that there are different perspectives that exist between people. Edgar Allen Poe, was a famous American horror writer in the 19th century. His writings, believe it or not, were not of mere fiction, but true feelings and occurrences in his lifetime. They called him a man who lived in true despair. He did not see things the way average people would. What he found pleasing would be horrid to us. He looked at paintings of serene landscapes, but all he saw were demons in the sky. He lived in darkness, and, at times, enjoyed it. Colorblindness, and ADHD are considered deficiencies, but are they? Or are they the right way to experience life. Animals also have different ways of viewing things. Sharks use electromagnetic pulses to search vast oceans for food, and woodland wildlife can sense the seasons before they happen. Since there are so many deviations in perception how would we know if what we see and think is right, is there a human bias? I think so. What if their was something more we can't see due to our brain's certain limitations; the ultimately true perception, if one exists. We may act similarly as species, but whatever we claim is true we are but a grain of self-righteousness within the massive encompasses of space and time.
Aerogant

Pro

The human perception is like any tool - it can be used improperly, or used properly. There's no bias in the perception - all the bias is in the person and their paradoxical brain's ability to allow us to ignore or absorb information. People close themselves off, which creates bias - this bias is what causes people to be sightfully blind.
PhilosophicalPensiveness

Con

Let me give an example:
How would humanity know that the Earth is round?
What someone would normally say: "Oh, mathematical and Scientific data has proven that the world is an oblate spheroid, or just look at a photo of the Earth idiot!"
The problem with that statement is that all that "data" was created by humans for humans it's not universal, and for the visual side of things our eyes perceive it as round but what of extra-terrestrials? What if they perceive it in the form of atoms and elemental structures so they don't have a recognizable shape. There is no way to tell, because the human brain can only compute one form perception creating a human planetary ignorance void of empathy toward alien ideas.
Aerogant

Pro

Here's how the mind really works. It's an abstraction of information that cannot question itself - the moment you try to imagine yourself never existing on this planet, what it would be like, your brain will reach to a complete halt which is signified by the way the brain pulses and gives you a headache for thinking that far. It also works in our dreams. You question the dream and say "Hey! Show yourself", you will cause your entire subconscious to cave in on itself because it cannot think outside of its existence and purpose.

So when people thought the earth was flat, it was no different then people saying their dick is big, or a woman seeing the world through rose-tinted glasses. It's still bound to their imagination and its limitations. There's a lot of contrasts and patterns existing beneath the conscious realm that triggers our subconscious through electromagnetic waves. So this is to say that the only reason why it's possible to think of a unicorn, is by taking pieces of already existent things and creating a creature out of it imaginatively.

Therefore you do not understand how the mind works. It doesn't just poof information - it needs information to mutate itself into more information. The world is truly the archive which defines our imagination.
PhilosophicalPensiveness

Con

But you're not disproving my point rather your agreeing with me that the human mind is imaginative and depends on other ideas to mutate therefore making it ambiguous in its overall construction. Proving that is indeed, not the true perception of the universe.
Aerogant

Pro

No, I'm saying that the human perception is not relevant to bias and delusion, therefore your debate is wrong to say that our perception is limited to our subjectivity, when we have analysis and tools to escape from our personal stimuli to simply observe the world as it is. Hence (think in itself) is a real concept. That human perception is not based on objectivity or subjectivity - it's based on what the person chooses to see. So the human perception is the right one, but people do not use it right.
PhilosophicalPensiveness

Con

I understand that right or wrong are just ethics which are irrelevant to a concept that transcends those ideas. What I meant to discourse on was un-faulted perception of the universe, which, in turn, would make the human perception flawed and not the "right" one. The analysis and tools of what you speak of are made for us by us for what we want to perceive at the moment, which makes it in no shape or form ideal perception of the universe. What we see when we look up at the night sky are small glimmers of light that spread across its surface. What we are not seeing is the radiation that is being given off by these stars, radio waves being transmitted across the globe from station to station, or even the colors contained in visible light rays. Science has proved them, and technology assists us in getting physical proof, but why can't we see or sense it ourselves? Why is the brain not capable of processing these fundamental phenomena of the universe. Examples of more idealistic perceptions would be of (and I know I'm using fictional characters) Superman of DC comics who, due to his Kryptonian DNA, is able to see and distinguish particles and individual atoms of the universe. Also, Lucy a character from a 2014 sci-fi movie where she is able to control 100% of her brain (Normal humans can only harness 20% of their brain's functionality) and can use telepathy, bend matter to her will, and even travel through time with just a thought. It is pointless to say human perception is correct because our minds neglect the major components of the cosmos un less we use a medium therefore making pure human perception ultimately flawed.
Aerogant

Pro

I know the Universe more than anyone - I use this perception - you are wrong. There's no excuse; there's no loop holes. You are absolutely wrong. I can break down everything with my eyes alone because my eyes are connected to my brain and I treated my brain like my cosmic child, therefore my eyes are not spoiled brats that see just for the fun and the feel good.
PhilosophicalPensiveness

Con

Well now your just being silly. You can treat your eyes and brain in anyway you want, but it's still human. That means one way of looking at things, from a very narrow perspective. Only someone who is immortal can even fathom a smidgen of the Universe, and you aren't one. The fact that you are using excuses of human self-confidence proves my point.
Aerogant

Pro

The human experience is the Universe observing itself. The photo receptors of our perception were formed billions of years ago before stars had ever existed. It's an interesting irony in life and what life really is below the curtains of conscious activity via the subatomic particles and well they animate the macro world. I know the secrets to the Universe and the stages of humanity - you do not. The stages are Animosity, Psychopathy/Humanity, Insanity, Self-Humility, Nobody. The five sound wave stages are Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta. The 7 colors of these sound waves are in order from the root of nature to the apex of nature are red (survival), orange (taking a stand), yellow (taking control), green (love), light blue (communication), dark blue (intuition) and purple (everything that is the Universe at heart). My brain is on gamma waves and my aura is violet. The electromagnetic wave that surrounds the human body and the planet body changes colors based on frequencies - our moods are the frequencies. That is why we can experience multi-personality disorder and have parts of ourselves hidden on different layers of our mind; the only possible way for this to occur is through the sole example of frequency. Nikola Tesla, the smartest man in the Universe who I have expanded on (might as well call me Nikola Tesla 2.0), told us if we want to learn the secrets of the Universe, understand the Universe through energy, vibration and frequency. Do notice how the colors I've mentioned earlier fit the evolution of the planet: red, orange and yellow are the core under the crust; green and light blue/dark blue are the world outside of the core, but inside the planet; purple is the Universe surrounding the planet.

I see things that you do not with the perception you call limited. You have much to learn, I'm afraid. I can see things people with synthesia can see and I do not have synthesia - I have a brain that can see without seeing, because it's managed to break down everything from consciousness, to colors to the creation and destruction system that exists on a myriad of scales in a myriad of forms. I wrote a poem: "As above, so below; from form, to faculty; to, and fro."
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
As someone who knows the Universe more than anyone, I can say that you do not know the surface potential of the human mind and what perception is on a cosmic level.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Your question is, basically speaking, meaningless.
A perceptual system cannot be "right" or "wrong" .
It's Impossible to perceive things that don't exist.
As far as I can tell, there's no way of knowing if something exists unless it's perceived.
Quantum Physicians apparently believe that "Reality" ? is a Smear or Interference Pattern of Probabilities. See - Multiverse, etc.
Einstein stated that the universe is finite but unbounded.
I'd assume that there are a finite but unlimited # of what you'd call universes.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
PhilosophicalPensivenessAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor conduct by pro.