Prathmesh_Vishwakarma
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Is Indian government making efforts to help poors become rich?

Prathmesh_Vishwakarma has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Prathmesh_Vishwakarma

Con

I don't think so because if we would have been doing this then it should have been done before de monetization and many other actions.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Thanks for letting me accept your debate.

And yes, Indian governments are helping people who are in poverty, they have been helping people of poverty since 1995 [1]

[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Here is what it quotes:
"The poverty alleviation programmes in India can be categorized based on whether it is targeted for rural areas or urban areas. Most of the programmes are designed to target rural poverty as prevalence of poverty is high in rural areas. Also targeting poverty is challenging in rural areas due to various geographic and infrastructure limitations. The programmes can be mainly grouped into:

1) Wage employment programmes
2) Self-employment programmes
3) Food security programmes
4) Social security programmes
5) Urban poverty alleviation programmes.

The five year plans immediately after independence tried to focus on poverty alleviation through sectoral programmes. The first five-year plan focused on agricultural production as a way of addressing poverty while second and third plans focused on massive state led investments for employment generation in public sector. While these policies did some policy generation, they did not have enough strength to effect a sweeping effect."

Here is one of India's programs that helped poor people, National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS):
"This scheme came into effect on 15 August 1995. The scheme provides pension to old people who were above the age of 65 (now 60) who could not find for themselves and did not have any means of subsistence. The pension that was given was Rs 200 a month. This pension is given by the central government. The job of implementation of this scheme in states and union territories is given to panchayats and municipalities. The states contribution may vary depending on the state. The amount of old age pension is Rs. 200 per month for applicants aged 60–79. For applicants aged above 80 years, the amount has been revised in Rs. 500 a month according to the 2011–2012 Budget."

Your next argument, con.

Prathmesh_Vishwakarma

Con

I agree with you that govt. has ran many plans for poors but have these schemes properly gone to that village? Do you know that wether the people there have got it's benefits or not? You are saying about the self employment scheme but that was gone only to 40 percent of villages and what will you say about scams that happen during the practice of these schemes. Many of them are not known due to curoption. Please answer my question.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Of course they have helped people, if they didn't we wouldn't have got the statistics, and yes, I do know that they helped them, because there are statistics like " The amount of old age pension is Rs. 200 per month for applicants aged 60"79. For applicants aged above 80 years, the amount has been revised in Rs. 500 a month according to the 2011"2012 Budget." [1]
There, I've answered your question, also, I reinstated my source here.
[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

But, the only question I have for you.
What evidence do you have that all the schemes that the Indian government has made to help those in poverty is a scam?

Your next argument, Con.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
This will be good.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Next round, I can't wait.