Mussab
kocorhan.99

Is Islam a rational religion?

Mussab

Pro

I saw that my opponent just barged into an irrelevant debate with this topic. He claims that "Muslims are too scared to counter" his "arguments" but fails to understand the situation he pushed his nose onto.
So if we actually are "too scared" and he isn't he would accept this debate. For his opening statement he says he is an ex-muslim. Which is absurd due to his lack of understanding of simple concepts (discussed later on).
His first argument:
"Qur'an has LOTS of contradictions in its own. For Example Qur'an mentions about men having a right to have multiple wives. Even though it was for the war time, with all respect, Should have been more informative."

No, Islam permits four wives for everyone at everytime. I don't know where you invented the interpretation of "it was only for war time". However, I might have a vague idea of what happened here. You went on debating other Muslims. The Muslims deal with the ridiculous offense of "Why did Muhammed have more than four wives?". So when you came and asked them the question. They figured out it was that ridiculous offense.

"Qur'an made the concept of god seem mysterious, which makes foreign people to believe in 'Allah' unrealistic."

Again, my opponent shows utter lack of understanding of what is supposedly "his previous religion." Allah was described in many verses. I also don't see how vagueness can lead to persuasion. My opponent didn't use logic.

"Also, it is totally natural for a human being to not believe in something that he ;
has not felt,
has not seen,
has not heard,
is inferior than."

By saying that, you technically state that you don't believe you had a great great great great grandfather. Nor do you believe in the universe. You haven't seen, heard or felt these things and you are inferior than them.

"Again with all due respect, I believe that Qur'an was written wide open for a lot of misunderstandings as it does not involve any specific information."

Again, he shows no evidence to back up his claims

"So the thing we must be questioning should not be ' Who is the right god ? ' it should be 'Why god ? '"

He shoots himself in the foot again due to the fact that every Muslim I know has been answered that question

kocorhan.99

Con

The commentary on having multiple wives belonged to me. Apologies If I offended anyone. But I believe, being an ex muslim made me see Qur'an on different perspectives. And the only thing I can say about Islam is that it is no fit for 2014. Yes, It might have helped humanity to reach these levels but it should have ended by now. And also it is a sign of weakness to worship a book until the end of your life without asking 'why'

' Again, my opponent shows utter lack of understanding of what is supposedly "his previous religion." Allah was described in many verses. I also don't see how vagueness can lead to persuasion. My opponent didn't use logic. '

I believe you have been a Muslim for your whole life, thats why you are hundred percent blind to any other ideas, rather than believing in Qur'an.

' By saying that, you technically state that you don't believe you had a great great great great grandfather. Nor do you believe in the universe. You haven't seen, heard or felt these things and you are inferior than them. '

What I am saying is that If Qur'an was real your holy holy majestic super Allah shouldn't have left that to chance.

And you seem to be confident with having multiple wives which is pretty abnormal and support male dominance all over the world.

Also there is By saying that, you technically state that you don't believe you had a great great great great grandfather. Nor do you believe in the universe. You haven't seen, heard or felt these things and you are inferior than them.

P.S : Next time instead of criticizing my personality and insulting on my beliefs try to look at things from a different p
erspective other than worshipping your Holy powerful majestic Allah. [There was sarcasm in case you didn't get it]

Please watch this video, this pretty much sums up my ideology about religions. I do not own the video.

Thank you,
Mussab

Pro

First of all, why do you use a propoganda video for a debate? Should we look at what other Atheists say about Islam rather than studying the religion itself?

"And the only thing I can say about Islam is that it is no fit for 2014."
Based on the fact that.......

"I believe you have been a Muslim for your whole life, thats why you are hundred percent blind to any other ideas, rather than believing in Qur'an."
I don't see how that's relevant or logical. You didn't respond to the argument I made you but merely called me blind based on the fact I have a different opinion or belief. With that said, I hope you actually respond to my argument next time rather than beating around the bush.

"What I am saying is that If Qur'an was real your holy holy majestic super Allah shouldn't have left that to chance."
Can you please explain? With all my respect but I am not a native english speaker and I am not able to understand every expression in english. What do you mean by "left that to chance"?

"And you seem to be confident with having multiple wives which is pretty abnormal and support male dominance all over the world."
As you see, my opponent is deciding what I think and what I believe. No I don't support male dominance but I support gender roles. Different things. I also don't see what's wrong with having multiple wives. Please explain your argument.

"P.S : Next time instead of criticizing my personality and insulting on my beliefs try to look at things from a different p
erspective other than worshipping your Holy powerful majestic Allah. [There was sarcasm in case you didn't get it]"
Again, an irrelevant argument. With a side of stop-criticizing-me-although-this-is-a-debate.
In debates, there isn't anything wrong with criticizing your idea. That's the purpose of debates anyways. If you don't want anyone to criticize your argument. Then post it on a forum.

I hope the next time you actually respond relevantly to my arguments and support claims with evidence.
kocorhan.99

Con

kocorhan.99 forfeited this round.
Mussab

Pro

My opponent forfeited this round. I extend my argument
kocorhan.99

Con

kocorhan.99 forfeited this round.
Mussab

Pro

I believe my opponent forfeited.
I extend my argument
kocorhan.99

Con

kocorhan.99 forfeited this round.
Mussab

Pro

I believe I deserve the right to win this debate. Since posting any arguments at the last round would be hypocritical because I wouldn't be able to answer the arguments he would make. I also extend my argument and hope that you would vote fairly. Seeing that my opponent forfeited most of the rounds and made no arguments and merely called me stupid and blind, I believe I won this debate.
Goodbye and be fair.
kocorhan.99

Con

kocorhan.99 forfeited this round.
Posted by Valtin 3 years ago
Valtin
@Con Instead of providing evidence for your claim you say: