Is Islam a terrorist religion?

I would like to start by explaining the meaning of the word Islam in Arabic meaning peace and Muslim meaning to surrender to the almighty lord.

"Whosoever kills an innocent human being, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind". (5:32)

"O ye who believe! Remain steadfast for Allah, bearing witness to justice. Do not allow your hatred for others make you swerve to wrongdoing and turn you away from justice. Be just; that is closer to true piety." (5:8)

Muslims are more than 1.6 billion. So do you think its fair that we are all being judged based on the 1% that has not practiced the true Islam.

I accept, but first let's look at some definitions.

Terrorist- a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims

Political Aims- of, characteristic of, or relating to the parties and the partisan aspects of politics (

Politics- the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.

So we can already see that if I prove that there is a debate going on and that there is "terroristic" means of enforcing this we can see that Islam would be a terrorist religion by definition.

Let's observe the Koran.

9:29 Fight [q-t-l] those among the people of the Book [Christians] who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden and do not profess the true religion, till they pay the poll-tax out of hand and submissively

My oh my, here we have Mohommed declaring a Crusade for the Muslims to go out and punish the Christians. Oh what a religion of peace that we've encouraged that all Muslims should go out and purge Christians. It is here that many terrorist organizations got there inspirations from Mohommed himself to kill Christians. Not only that, but if one observes Mohommed's personal life that's not depicted in the Koran we can see that he is a very violent man. The "Holy Pilgramage" to Mecca is actually based on an invasion by Muhammad. Here we can see that the people in Mecca didn't want to accept his beliefs and forced him out to Merdina. From there he gathered an army of over 1,000 of which invaded Mecca and forced them to convert. When we observe the Koran those who didn't want to convert where beheaded. (

61:10 You who believe, shall I show you a bargain that will save you from painful punishment? 11 Have faith in God and His Messenger and struggle [j-h-d] for His cause with your possessions and your persons—that is better for you, if only you knew—12 and He will forgive your sins, admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, into pleasant dwellings in the Gardens of Eternity. That is the supreme triumph.

Above in the area where we get jihad. This occurs after a Battle and Mohommed looses 70 of his men and escentailly states that if you sell your life to Islam and die fighting the Infidels then you will be granted into heaven. Once again, seemingly a great terroristic ploy from the Religion of Peace. There are other verses of Mohommed himself killing poets for no reason and even attacking a Carivan.

With the above we that this religion endorses it, but if we've been watching the news we can see that there are several organizations that are attempting to establish a Muslim theocracy like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab, etc... with that we can effectively see that it is a textbook definition of a "terrorist religion" (

So we can see that the Koran is violent and the man behind it, Muhammad is a genocidial maniac.

In the name of god, the most gracious, the most merciful
Thank you for accepting my debate topic. I'd like to explain my topic further. Throughout the years, Islam has been accused of unjustly encouraging brutal killings of innocent people. And I happen to disagree with this accusation considering the facts I see daily in the Quran and the sacred hadith.
First of all, I am a native Arabic speaker and I assure you that the verse (9:29) has been mistranslated. In the beginning of the verse it is addressing non-believers in god. The people of the book (Abrahamic faith: Christians and Jews) are believers of god. I suggest using this website: WWW.QURAN.COM .The verse means that the non-believers in the war should be forced to surrender and accept the Islamic state and pay jizyah (tax). The Islamic state guarantees protection to the lives and property of its non-Muslim subjects against internal as well as external danger. Moreover, their religious freedom and all civic rights are also protected. Despite the fact that such non-Muslims had either been defeated in the war or had surrendered, neither they are killed nor are any war indemnities imposed on them. Rather, peace treaties are concluded with them and they are given protection against any aggression. So jizyah is imposed for this protection. On the other hand, Muslims paid Zakaat which non-Muslims were not required to pay.
Muslims and non-Muslims had a pact, both respect each other, non-Muslims had to accept the Islamic state and their rules. When non-Muslims betrayed the covenant by fighting and evicting Muslims out of their homes; Allah gave Muslims the permission to fight back through the following verses.
"The ones who are (forced to) fight are permitted (to defend themselves) for that they are unjustly (attacked); and surely Allah is indeed Ever- Determiner over giving them victory. [They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might." (22:39-40)
(2:190-194) (60:8-9) Please read the verses, I couldn't include them due to the limited capacity.
God gave man the choice of choosing their path. Faith can never be forced to a being. If Islam was forced why is it the fastest religion growing? And Why are there more than 1.6 billion Muslims?.
"There is no compulsion in the religion; right-mindedness has already been evidently (distinct) from misguidance. So whoever disbelieves in the Taghut (i.e. false gods, idols, devils and seducers) and believes in Allah, then he has already upheld fast the most binding Grip, with no disjunction (ever); and Allah is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing." (2:256)
We have the freedom of well yet we are warned that we will be judged for the good and bad.
" So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it, And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it" (99:7-8)
Muhammad (PBUH) has encouraged, notified and warned the people without forcing them into Islam.
"So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder. You are not over them a controller." (88:21-22)
"But if they turn away - then we have not sent you, [O Muhammad], over them as a guardian; upon you is only [the duty of] notification..." (42:48)
There is a huge difference between crusades and jihad. Muhammad (PBUH) did not do crusades, he undertook jihad. Whereas the "Crusade" is a man-made and murderous rampage for dominance over land, Jihad is the Divine institution dedicated to truth and justice; and even on behalf of non-Muslim.
The Crusades were military campaigns sanctioned by the Latin Roman Catholic Church during the High Middle Ages and Late Middle Ages.
Jihad in Arabic means struggle or resistance. An inner spiritual struggle (the "greater jihad"), and an outer physical struggle against the enemies of Islam (the "lesser jihad"). The term jihad is used for a struggle for causes, both religious and secular. There are several sorts of jihad, defending homeland, protecting home and family, defending Islam by both word and war, jihad against the self and jihad against the devil. Muhammad (PBUH) said the best jihad is the word of justice when was asked which is the best jihad. "The best Jihad is the word of Justice in front of the oppressive Sultan [ruler]." (Cited by Ibn Nuhaas and narrated by Ibn Habbaan)
Muhammad (PBUH) was born and raised in Makkah. Although he migrated due to the unjust treatment by Quraysh infidels to Madinah Al-Munawara as you mentioned. Pilgrimage was not created by Muhammad (PBUH), pilgrimage was created by god and it existed before Islam. Abraham (PBUH), the father of all prophets, built the Ka'ba with his son Ishmael (PBUH) by an order of Allah 2000 BC. Believers pilgrimaged and worshiped Allah there before Islam and Muhammad (PBUH). Muhammad (PBUH) established the pattern of Hajj.
"And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [Allah] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [Allah] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." And [mention] when we made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Abraham a place of prayer. And we charged Abraham and Ishmael, [saying], "Purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer]." And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this a secure city and provide its people with fruits - whoever of them believes in Allah and the Last Day." [Allah] said. "And whoever disbelieves - I will grant him enjoyment for a little; then I will force him to the punishment of the Fire, and wretched is the destination." And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed you are the Hearing, the Knowing." (2:124-127)
"61:10 Above in the area where we get jihad. This occurs after a Battle and Mohommed looses 70 of his men and escentailly states that if you sell your life to Islam and die fighting the Infidels then you will be granted into heaven. ">> This is a false accusation. The mentioned verses were released after the companions were wondering what is the greatest deed is for Allah. Allah released the most beloved deed is to have faith in him and in his prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and to resist in the name of Allah (told by Abdullah Bin Salam). If you have Arabic speaking friends ask them to read the reasons of the verses release in the link above. I translated the meaning although I couldn't"t find a translated version. I apologize. \
Regarding the terrorist organizations, ISIS is indeed a terrorist organization, we all can agree on that. Islam does not represent ISIS or any other organization that unjustly murders innocents. If you have watched the news you can see that ISIS indiscriminately targets religious minorities including other Muslims. I believe it's not a religious organization, however it"s a political organization made by non believers to cause persecution in both the Arabic world as well as the Islamic world. Huge difference between Islam and Muslims enforcing its rules and sharia. Islam is a flawless and a perfectionist religion, on the other hand mankind isn't. They may enforce it and may not, if they violated it; they should be faulted not Islam.
I appreciate you accepting my debate although calling my beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) names is not accepted. I ask you to debate respectfully. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

To make things interesting I actually HAVE been using the as it provides the verse in Arabic and in English which I find interesting, but let's get to the debate, shall we?

Quran-8:67: "It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Here is Allah telling Mohommed to slaughter those who've he's captured.

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

s://; alt="" />

Finially, here they speak of torturing the Pagans [non-believers] until they become Muslim. Once again very vile. My opponent is incorrect as if we look at the history books and even the Koran itself you'll see that it shows Muhommed using Conquest on the Arabian pensuela WAR. You'll see the Ottowans, an Empire built and led by the desendents of Muhommed, that they used conquest to spread Islam across the Middle East and the Spanish Penensual. It is at the Battle of Tours that the Franks stoppage of the Muslim invaders that prevented the Entire Continent from being conquered by Muslims. ( We can see that Gauls weren't a deposit government as Pro claims nor were they "wrong" about really anything. The Muslims invaded and set out for conquest for the spread of Islam which is contrary to what my opponent is saying. ( We can actually see that Europe actually got Torture from the Muslims. ( We can also see from the War map bellow that the Muslims conqured the Catholic Empire of Byzantime, but lost to Austria. Apparently, these Catholic Empires must have been wrong as well.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Here we can see that Islam is calling for the killing of Polytheists and atheists. Now, I myself may be a Theist, but I still believe in religious freedom and killing all of those who disagree with you is absurbed. The second sited verseonce again attacks those.

As for POW, we can actually see that if the conqured do not convert AND they don't pay a major fine we can see that they are to be enslaved! (Muhammad 47:4) How is that just and Geneuva convention worthy? Now do I state that Islam represents ISIS, no? BUT ISIS does represents Islam. I know it a round about way of saying it, but you actually have people leaving Britian to go fight for ISIS with "Dummies Guide to Islam" on hand, because they just want to kill people. If being Muslim gives them an excuse to do so theym they are all for it.

I am pretty sure you haven't used the website in the verse 9:29. Nothing is interesting in manipulation.

(8:67) was released after a disagreement between Muhammad (PBUH) and his companions. Abu Bakr and Omar Alkhattab had relatives among the prisoners. Abu Bakr suggested to collect jizya and set them free, but Omar suggested to kill them and make it a lesson to others because they were tyrannous. Muhammad (PBUH) set them free. Then the verse was attained.

Apparently you're still not using the website I recommended, yet you lie and say you already did. The Verses (22:19-22) are totally different. It indicates to god's punishment in the afterlife.

"These are two adversaries who have disputed over their Lord. But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water. By which is melted that within their bellies and [their] skins. And for [striking] them are maces of iron. Every time they want to get out of Hellfire from anguish, they will be returned to it, and [it will be said], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!"" (22:19-22)

It's obvious where you take these fabricated verses, Islamophobic websites. I advise you to investigate the information you insert before you do. Regarding your references, don't you think it's ironic that you are presenting hate speech to clarify your point?

The Ottoman Empire was mostly a political power as @AllahoAkbar mentioned in the comments, now recognized as the Republic of Turkey. They conquered the Middle East and North Africa first, although these countries were already Muslims. That shows their motive was political more than it was Islamic. Yes I agree they did impact the non-Muslims. In my point of view they represented Islam and at some point they wished to deliver the message to non-Muslims, but the political power blinded them and the motive changed and that's why the empire collapsed. The Ottoman Empire proclaimed the title Caliphate by Murad I years after the establishment of the empire. Therefore, the title was not given to them nor was it accepted for them to declare it.

(2:191-193) If you have read my argument closely, you wouldn't have quoted this verse. I asked you to read it from 190-194. It concerns the betrayed of the covenant. Besides I believe the verses explain themselves. (" no aggression except against the oppressors.) (2:193). Please read the verses before you make incorrect accusations.
(3:151). Another way of god's punishment. Fear in their hearts.

I am Muslim and I do too believe in religious freedom, but that doesn't mean no one will be punished. Everybody will be judged. We are talking about judgement day, which atheists don't believe in. I'm sure there are plenty of similar verses in the Christian bible and the Judaism bible.

Islam ask those who are being treated unjust to protect themselves as in what happening in Burma, Shishan, Kashmir, Bosnia, Tibet and a lot other places where ethnic cleansing and genocide occurred against Muslim individuals. Why? Just because they embraced the religion of Islam. The sad part is that the media doesn't cover the truth about what's happening. All they are focused on distorting Islam and Muslims.

Muslims around the world lack their rights, women can't wear their hijab, and men can't have their beards nor dress the way they wish. Nuns get to cover their hair and not be discriminated against, why can"t Muslim women have the same right? They are banned from going into governmental entities with their veil on. In some cases they are even killed. People treating them differently just because they carry an Arabic name. I wish this would end and we all can live peacefully together without having to explain to every single person we meet that Islam is peaceful not as the media has shown. I am sure no religion in the world would encourage such treatment, those people represent nothing but themselves.

I can't think of a better conclusion than god's beautiful verses.

"And we have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds." (21:107)

"And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace" (25:63)

" Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don't punish them)." (7:199)

" And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces [dissension] among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy." (17:53)

"By the Glorious Morning Light, And by the Night when it is still, -Thy Guardian-Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor is He displeased. And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present. And soon will thy Guardian-Lord give thee (that wherewith) thou shalt be well-pleased. Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)? And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance. And He found thee in need, and made thee independent. Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness, Nor repulse the petitioner (unheard); But the bounty of the Lord - rehearse and proclaim!" (Al-Duha 93)

I ask god to guide you to the straight path. I ask him to grant you health and happiness and a peaceful heart.

O God, I have delivered, may you be my witness.

I deeply appologize as I don't have a ton of time for this due to some possible issues.

I did get it from the site and here it is once more.

" These are two adversaries who have disputed over their Lord. But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water. These are two adversaries who have disputed over their Lord. But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water. And for [striking] them are maces of iron. Every time they want to get out of Hellfire from anguish, they will be returned to it, and [it will be said], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!" (

So I continue to extend across my argument here as it was dropped.

Now, as for the Ottoman Empire. There's a great story about them. The Empire was not an ordinary Monarchy, but a Theocracy. When the State is controlled by religion it is mainly argued that the state is controlled by the religion and if you disagreed with the state then you disagreed with God. We can see that the first leader of the Ottoma Empire, Osman 1, was living in the times of Mohommed and that he was a "friend" of Mohommeds (see video), so it's apparent to see that Osman's conquest was in the name of his "friend" and for God. with that and the great Conquest we can see that Osman's mandate from Mohommed we can see that this is an automatic association that causes this "terrorism" from the religion of Islam.

There are several verses, but we can see that the Bible does allow salvation of people of different verses permitting the section you're reading, but that's off topic.
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Your phrase about the promotion of Anarchism in the Quran is very vague and contradicts the promotion of Hereditary Autocracy of Shia Islam and the Eternal divine Laws of Sunni Islam (applicable to Shia and other sects as well I believe).
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
I never said that the Ottomans were a Caliphate, I just said they were CONSIDERED BY MANY (NOT ALL) to be a caliphate.
Posted by AllahoAkbar 1 year ago
@Theunkown The word "the caliphate" to an arabic speaking Muslim literally means "the deputy" it provides no free unchecked power to the elected person, for some 1 to be the Caliph he must be agreed upon by the majority of muslims, it can not be inherited (father to son), it can not be gifted to others or forced on muslims.
please read Noble Qur'an (42:38)"And those who have responded to their lord and established prayer and whose affair is [determined by] consultation among themselves, and from what We have provided them, they spend."
over 1400 years ago Qur'an orders muslims to establish democracy and elect their leaders.
and according to the Islamic law Ottoman Empire is not a caliph (a deputy of the prophet and enforcer of the Islamic law).
1- They established an Anarchy (Sultan system) while titles like Kings and Sultans are forbidden in Islam.
2- Power is inherited in the Ottoman empire inside the same family, and Muslims had no choice to who to lead them, which directly ignores the Quran verse i mentioned earlier, and also ignores the Prophet speeches.
3- As Con mentioned, they conquered and attacked already established and flourishing Islamic states like Egypt, Syria, Arab peninsula...etc. many of these states revolted because the resources was going to Turkey and not distributed evenly.
There is many other reasons why to Muslims the Ottoman empire was not an elected Caliph system and it did not acted so.
Posted by ayaeg 1 year ago
I can claim to be representing Islam but doing nothing Islam has demanded me, the same goes to all Muslims. So no I have to disagree with you. The Ottoman Empire did not represent all Muslims, they only represented them selves as a nation that practices Islam!
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Allahoakbar was talking about representation of Muslims therefore what I said is valid under that context
Posted by ayaeg 1 year ago
@AllahoAkbar I agree with you. He mentioned that he has been using the website I suggested, although I know for sure he wasn't. He was actually using Islamophobic websites and there he found those fabricated stories and verses.

@Theunknown CONSIDERED!! That doesn't make it so. In Islam I believe the Rashidun Caliphates began with Abu Bakr and ended with Hasan ibn Ali.
FYI ISIS declared itself a Caliphate. Does the Islamic world recognize that? NO, most Muslims are against ISIS!!
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
The ottomans were widely considered as 'the caliphate' so much so that Muslim soldiers refused to fight against them even in World War One.
Posted by AllahoAkbar 1 year ago
I still have no Idea which translation of the Qur'an is Pro using so we can confirm the verses he is using, Also it is turning into an ancient political demographic debate, The Ottoman Empire in the 1500s is a Turkish political power, Muslim states like Egypt revolted against them and gained freedom to prove Ottoman Empire didn't represent all muslims in the 1500s.
Please Stick to the topic, and don't turn it into an ancient political debate.
Posted by ayaeg 1 year ago
@Proving_a_Negative and @Theunknown I hope my past argument clears the idea?

@AllahoAkbar You 100% right. I agree with you.

@Iannan13 Okay, no problem.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
I do request that you do not respond to this debate until this weekend as I will be gone for a personal issue until Sunday. Please and Thank you.