Is Islam the Truth?

In the name of Allah. I just converted to Islam recently and I want to share my views of Islam to everyone here including my opponent. I should say that I want to debate to those who believe in God ONLY. I am not interested to debate with an Atheist because they do not believe in God. Please state your Religion if its possible. Thank You so very much.

SO, here I go. I testify that there is no God accept The Almighty Allah and that Prophet Muhammed is the final messenger of Allah. I begin by quoting a verse from the Quran,"and he has made subservient for you the night and the day and the sun and the moon, and the stars are made subservient by his commandment; most surely there are signs in this for a people who ponder" chapter 16,verse 12.

I cant debate until my opponent has something to say. So go ahead

I personally am an Anglican Christian and I respect all forms of religions and such so please do not take any offense to my argument. I believe that as long as one believes that there is a begotten and omnipotent God in which made the Universe and sent messengers throughout time, that is the truth. I think that rules and such within Islam should not be an indicator of one's dedication to God but through actually believing whole heartedly and not sinning is enough to enter Heaven and is the proper truth. (e.g. Husbands are superior to their wives: Quran, Sura 2:228 "Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status")

In the name of Allah. I would to thank my opponent to accept this debate. I was a catholic and I decided to convert to Islam because of the churches not following The Bible at all and when I turn to the bible, it led me to Islam.

Anyway, my contender said 'that as long as one believes that there is a begotten and omnipotent God in which made the Universe and sent messengers throughout time, that is the truth'. Well Google the word begotten and omnipotent please. Begotten is to procreate or generate offsprings while omnipotent is having very great or unlimited authority or power. I am not particularly happy that god begot a son. In Islam, God is neither beget nor begotten. Its not fitting for a God to beget or procreate a son. In Islam, Allah says BE AND IT IS.
Another thing, If your God is omnipotent, why does he have to send his only begotten son to earth and died for our sin. If he is truly omnipotent, He could have just forgive us. Allah, on the other hand, says," He is the One that accepts repentance from his servants and Forgives them: and He knows all that you do".
If you believe that Jesus(AS) is god, then let me throw this in. Mark 11:12&13, read it. It says that Jesus was hungry ,went to the fig tree, found nothing but leaves and cursed it. My questions are, if he is god, why didn't he know that the tree does not bear any fruits? Does a God get hungry? And why did he curse it?

I am sorry. I did not get the second part. the part regarding the rules in Islam.

You asked me about the verse regarding husbands is more superior than a wives. Okay, simply put it this way. Women are like jewelleries in Islam. we don't like other men to touch or lust against our women. A husband has the most responsibility in the household. WE do not want women to go astray. If a complete stranger wants to look at your golds and diamonds at home, Will you allow them? If you are truthful, the answer is NO. Other than that, the Quran says that women is equal to the men.

Alright. I have this to say. Be truthful to yourself. Learn. That is the only solution to Success. Don't be ignorant. Please don't get me wrong. I too respect all religions but at the end of day, there is only one GOD, Allah. Therefore, be truthful to yourself.

Thank you for the great response pointing out the clear flaws in my statements. Firstly I would like to say that I did make a mistake with the definition of begotten.

Moving on wards, God sent Jesus to the Earth for a few reasons. Adam and Eve (the representation of today's humans) were given freedom to do what they wanted to and they failed to listen to the one rule God set to them; Do not eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. Hence, humans were the result seeping with sin and were imperfect. But, God sent Jesus; a perfect being not only to forgive our sins but also as a reminder that if Adam and Eve had listened to God, they would have lived forever and been perfect beings like Jesus. ~Psalm 37:9-11, 29

Also, the opposition might think that Jesus cursed and made the tree wither away because He was hungry. While this may be true, he also made a great symbolic act in which envisions Israel as the fig tree. This is because Israel did not bear the fruit (faith) even though it was completely in the season (coming of the Messiah)to bear its fruit. Due to this, the Israelites suffered complete destruction by the Romans in A.D. 70 source:

Thanks to the opponent for their insightful case.

In the name of Allah. I really hope that my opponent would reply by mentioning some 'flaws' in the Quran but he dint. Anyway, I thank my opponent for his reply.

I believe that my opponent is talking about the original sin. Well, I have to say something here. There is a clear contradiction in the bible regarding this matter. My opponent quoted the verse in the bible. I am going to quote a contradicting verse from the bible.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?"(Ezekiel 18:20-23)

In that verse, it clearly do not support the idea of the original sin. So I am interested to what my opponent has to say.

With regards to verses of Jesus got hungry, went to the fig tree, found nothing but leaves and then curses it, I want evidence to support what you have just stated. Look you cannot fool me. I am a student of knowledge. I want evidences that is taken from the bible itself since the bible is the only thing you people got. I do not want to know what some theologians have to say.

In hope that we come to a same common point here. Thank you.

Peace be upon you.

Before I continue on to me case I would like to just point out a few flaws and explanations in which will be supported (as requested by the opposition) through the Bible.

Through that verse the opponent quoted the main message through what I heard was (in simple words): The son nor the father should have to bear the wrongdoings of one another. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. If the wicked turns from his sins and listens to God's regulations and does what is morally justifiable and right, he will not die. All his wrongdoings will not be mentioned and he shall live. God does not find it enjoyable to punish and let the wicked die and wishes the wicked will turn from his ways and live. I think this is referring to the times before Jesus died on the Cross. The section of Ezekiel you quoted would have been the way to actually go to heaven before Jesus died on the cross. The souls of the dead who did the right things and believed in God went to the good side of Hades; the place of the saints of God called Paradise, and also referred to as "Abraham's Bosom." In no way can I see that this quote of yours contradicts the original sin. Jesus was sent so that the people abiding in the Hades Paradise could go to the actual Heaven and for all people afterwards to go to Heaven instead of the Hades Paradise.
expected to find figs was barren

As for the fig tree, in Mark 11:13 the fig tree in which Christ walked up to and cursed, because it had no figs on it at all, it did not fulfill its purpose. Jesus basically just destroyed a true that was of no use.

Through this incident, Jesus taught His disciples that the exterior appearance does not fool God. The real thing that God will believe is if a person produces godly fruit. (John 15:8, 16; Galatians 5:22-23).

So, in my opinion I think both the Bible and the Quran have valuable messages and points. Both also embody a similar message.

In the name of Allah. I thank my opponent for his faithful answer. I will have to answer 2 points that he brought up: 1)original sin
2)the fig tree

So here I go. The dogma of the original sin was only one inventions of Paul and it is against the Bible. It is against God's law and human laws. Jesus never taught this dogma.
>The bible says,"the son will not share the guilt of the father"
>Human law do not punish the son for the crime of the father
>Everyone of us believes that the son should not be held responsible for what the father does.
What I am saying is that it does not make sense that we are punish for what our father(adam) did. Its not fair at all.
"None of the 0ffences he has committed will be remembered against him." Look at what the verse said. Did you ever saw Adam ate that apple? "Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live." That shows even more clearly that you are judge for what you did not what your father did. Plus, why couldn't God just forgive Adam and us?

The fig tree. The fig tree is an incident that denies the fact that Jesus is all knowing. You have not answered my Question on that incident.

I hope not to belittle any other religions. Islam came to triumph all religions and I invite everyone to Islam.

Peace be upon you!

DannyFangles forfeited this round.

Freedom_Fighter-Irfan forfeited this round.

DannyFangles forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides dropped out. therefore fail debate.