persianimmortal
YasarAliKhan

Is Islam the last Religion?

YasarAliKhan has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

persianimmortal

Con

This is a topic that circulates within the Muslim community quite often and I have had the priviledge to sit with Muslims and really discuss this beautiful topic with them. My position in this debate is not to convince anyone but merely toacquaint the Pro party and the viewers with my findings in regards to this great topic. I will briefly address my side of the argument and I wish the opposing party good luck and to the viewers of this debate, I hope you enjoy and acquire some new information.

Argument below:

In the Advil Canada website there is a beautiful description on the quality of the Advil past its expiry date. It states,

"The expiry dating on the product reflects the stability of the active ingredients in the....Advil. We do not recommend continued use of an expired product as the potency might decline past expiry date."

This actually beautifully summarizes the Divine concept of Progressive Revelation addressed in every Scripture of any religion, which tells us that God will forever send us Messages to guide us back on the Straight Path (I will back this up with verses from the Holy Qur'an).

So what does the Advil Canada statement have anything to do with the Divine concept of Progressive Revelation? Well, let's switch the word "ingredients" with "Teachings" and the word "the product/Advil" with "Divine Message" and let's see how that turns out;

"The expiry dating on the Divine Message reflects the stability of the active Teachings in the....Divine Message. We do not recommend continued use of an expired Divine Message as the potency might decline past expiry date."

So briefly, God is Eternal in Nature and His constant sending of Messengers, is proof of His Love for us all. If you and I agree on the Eternal nature of God, then what is the point of Him being Eternal if we claim that He can no longer communicate with us?

Keep in mind that the Jews were punished by God for saying that God's Hands are tied up and that He cannot send anymore Messengers (5:64), so we should ask ourselves, is this verse a lesson for the Muslims not to repeat the mistake of the Jews?

let's take a look at Surah 5 verse 64,

And the Jews say, "The hand of God is chained." Chained are their hands, and cursed are they for what they say. Rather, both His hands are extended; He spends however He wills. And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. And We have cast among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war [against you], God extinguished it. And they strive throughout the land [causing] corruption, and Allah does not like corrupters.

Your turn and Good luck. :)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
more like a brain virus that rendered the human species extinct