Rjupudi18
JamN

Is Islam the most violent religion today?

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #5.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Rjupudi18

Pro

I will be arguing why Islam is the most violent religion around today. My opponent will argue that it's not the most violent religion today. Good luck.
JamN

Con

Hi, I'm happy to debate with you

Side note:Honestly, I probably fall closer to your side, but i thought it would be fun to debate anyways

My first point is that Islamic people aren't the people who are most likely to commit terrorist attacks, in fact they only cause about 6% of terrorist attacks, most of the attacks coming from Christians

Rjupudi18

Pro

Thanks for accepting the debate!

I'm glad you "probably fall closer" to my side as it shows someone can't truly reject all the violence that Islam has caused without straight up lying. Thanks for being honest!

You claimed "Islamic people aren't the people who are most likely to commit terrorist attacks". You supported this claim by providing a statistic. I ask that you please source your statistic and elaborate on the 6% figure. "in fact they only cause about 6% of terrorist attacks, most of the attacks coming from Christians". Where does this statistic apply to? Globally? Antarctica? China? The Vatican? If you mean people in the United States, then there are some things to consider. Christians outnumber Muslims by large margin and if your 6% statistic is true, it actually supports my argument that Islam is more violent because Muslims only make up around 0.6% of the American population but cause 6% of all terrorist attacks. Secondly, we have to consider the motivation of such attacks, Most terrorist attacks by Christians in the US are not Biblical-motivated. They're usually carried out by sociopaths who happen to be "Christians". On the other hand, Muslims are motivated by their book to carry out attacks and this is evident when they shout "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is great). Rarely do you see a Christian blow up a school shouting "Praise Jesus" because the motivation is not religious at all.

On a global scale, Islam causes so much violence and terrorism that would undermine all the other religions put together. Note that terrorism doesn't happen just in Christian countries. It includes attacks by Muslims in Muslim countries on other Muslims and minorities. In conclusion, I think I made a fair case that Islam is the most violent religion today and we should all recognize this fact.
JamN

Con

Hi, just to be ethical I'm going to post my source from my statistic but am not going to dwell on the point for too long, http://www.globalresearch.ca... this, I would like to point out that you said 0.5% of people are Muslims in America, but 1% of people are Muslims(Source Below).First of all,I would like to point out that just because a good amount of people who follow Islam are violent, doesn't itself made the religion violent, it makes the followers of its religion violent. If we used this logic, we could say that Christians are very violent because the KKK( a very violent organization) is a Christan organization(Source below). So if we go back to the religion itself being violent, then no because the Quora does not promote terrorism in any way, in fact, i would say the quite opposite showing from this Quote from the Quran "God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers."(Quran, 60:8).I will leave you with some more Quotes that show the Quran is quite the opposite of promoting violence along with a chat. "...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child." and "When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal."
s://qph.ec.quoracdn.net...; alt="" />

KKK is Christan Organization: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Muslims are 1% not .05% of the Population: http://www.pewresearch.org...;
Rjupudi18

Pro

I thank my opponent for their argument this round. I would like to point out that the first link my opponent provided does not work.

My opponent claimed Muslims make up 1% of the US population. I don't think this makes it any better. Muslims make up 1% of the population but cause 6% of terrorism which indicates Muslims have six times the chance of being a terrorist than the average American. My opponent claims just because some people are violent doesn't make the religion itself violent. This is true in some cases. However, the difference between Muslim terrorists and "Christian" terrorists like the KKK is that the KKK is acting against the teachings of the Bible while ISIS and other Islamists are acting in accordance to the teachings of Islam and the Qur'an.

My opponent claims that the Qur'an is peaceful and uses some text to back up their claim. However, my opponent ignores the hordes of violent and hateful commands in the Qur'an which is the driving factor for Muslim extremists.

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah" (Surah 2:191)

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors" (Surah 2:190)

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful" (Surah 9:5)

Clearly these verses don't mention peace and religious tolerance anywhere. If you go to a Muslim country, to an Islamist training camp, you'll see they use precisely these verses to entice their brainwashed fighters. Islam is the root cause of the problem and Islam alone is to blame for all the atrocities committed by Muslims in the name of Allah. The whole world needs to stand up to Islam and end this death cult.
JamN

Con

i give up, i was on your side and did this for fun but ijust cant
Rjupudi18

Pro

No problem. Can you just filler the other rounds so people can vote? Thanks!
JamN

Con

the whole 6% the way the media trys to manipulate that pisses me off
Posted by JamN 1 year ago
JamN
hey my chart did not work here is a link, https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net...
Posted by Lonely-Bird 1 year ago
Lonely-Bird
Sorry, failure again. For violence you can't beat religion. Protestant vs Catholic anybody? Catholic vs heretics/different or non-believers? Crusades? No, Islam in and of itself is no more or less violent than other religions. We have bleated at us every day that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well religion doesn't kill people, people kill people. The ot demands violence of its believers yet the overwhelming majority do not follow through with the violence. The same applies to Islam, the overwhelming majority do not commit violence. Now as for violent politics or tribalistic nonsense or patriarchal horseschlitz, well, that is something else.
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 year ago
Rjupudi18
Yeah it's quite funny how Muslims can't accept the fact how much violence their religion causes and kills on a daily basis.
Posted by RickieDaDebater 1 year ago
RickieDaDebater
This is going to be fun... LOL

That is, if someone even accepts the challenge