T.Davison
Vedney

Is Islam the religion of peace?

T.Davison

Con

Islam is not the religion of peace. It began with a history of conquest, Muhammad the messenger of Allah (God) is a bad example to be the main focus of a religion. He committed genocide, slavery, oppression, rape and pedophilia, which raises concerns for me as an individual how people can be seen as a ideal spiritual leader/role model.
Vedney

Pro

Islam shouldn't be penalized as not being a religion of peace due to it not being alone in causing oppression. The Crusades are an example of the harm caused by the Catholic Church. This debate is also focusing on Islam as a religion, so a single prophet shouldn't be the reason why Islam is bad.
T.Davison

Con

The crusades went against the teachings of the bible thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal. Half of the crusades was about reclaiming byzantine lands, byzantine villagers still occupying the cities well at least in the first crusade. The reason i want to penalize Islam for not being the religion of peace is ,because of the influence of the scripture on individuals. Before the holy land was a christian place and had many Christians there until the conquests of Muhammad. Many of the ancestors of modern day Muslims were forced to become Muslim through Muhammad either convert, die or become slaves or highly taxed after being captured. Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day".
Vedney

Pro

"until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled." Just to add context. Jizyah is the tax for non-Muslims. This means that this verse to against tax-evaders.

"The crusades went against the teachings of the bible thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal." The Crusades were sanctioned by the Pope[1], and as a bit fallicious, a la "No True Scotsman".

On the other hand, there's a verse in the bible about cutting off a woman's hand if she interrupts a fight between men via a nutshot. [2]

[1]http://www.history.com...
[2]https://www.biblegateway.com...
T.Davison

Con

T.Davison forfeited this round.
Vedney

Pro

Vedney forfeited this round.
T.Davison

Con

T.Davison forfeited this round.
Vedney

Pro

Vedney forfeited this round.
T.Davison

Con

T.Davison forfeited this round.
Vedney

Pro

Vedney forfeited this round.
Posted by gman1041 1 year ago
gman1041
islam is not a religion of peace. and the people who says its peaceful are idiots. women are treated like dirt. gay people get stoned and not the fun way haha. if a woman cheats on her husband she gets stoned. what i read about islam is terrible and no i didn't just read stuff about islam off the internet i read some of the Quran
Posted by MrTensor 1 year ago
MrTensor
T.Davison guess ! who is talking in the following ?

1- " Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house "

You are an atheist but you have enough knowledge to defend Christianity, beside teaching a poor ignorant Muslim his religion !
Posted by Aayankhan 1 year ago
Aayankhan
ISLAM is Peace Full religion in the world. First get some knowledge about Islam. www.dawateislami.net
Posted by T.Davison 1 year ago
T.Davison
MrTensor, but they aren't the christian word of god, they are from people in the bible. And what they did goes against the ten commanded thou shall not kill. I am not christian myself, i am merely saying that the main focus of Islam is very violent, when compared to that of the main focus of Christianity Jesus. I am an atheist myself.
Posted by T.Davison 1 year ago
T.Davison
Posted by MrTensor 1 year ago
MrTensor
did not you read these verses

2-Jos 21:6 And the children of Gershon had by lot out of the families of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the half tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.

3-1Sa 3:15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.

4- And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
Deu 20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Deu 20:15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
Deu 20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
Deu 20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
Deu 20:18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

5- Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

6- Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

i can give you more and more .... if you want
what peace in christianity you are talking about
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
Judging God based on the ill-perceived actions of men who do not represent the religion in question, is arrogance.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I am an Islamic {Jewish} Christian, hindu, mythologist [norse, greek, tartar, etc..], Sikh, Creationist
because these are all the very same religion.
THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
and he is God of all people.

God wins.
this debate is over.

Pro for Islam won