Freedom_Fighter-Irfan
Wocambs

Is Islam the truth

Freedom_Fighter-Irfan

Pro

I stand here to challenge anyone who thinks Islam is not the Truth.
Wocambs

Con

'Islam' can be interpreted differently; therefore, I would kindly ask my opponent being his defence of Islam before I start my assault, as otherwise I might waste my time refuting something that my opponent does not consider to be 'Islam'. I also fully accept that I am challenging the instigator's personal interpretation of Islam.

It may be relevant that I will be arguing from the perspective of an atheist, and not the follower of another religion.

I look forward to a stimulating debate.
Freedom_Fighter-Irfan

Pro

In the name of Allah. Thank you for accepting my Challenge. The reason I want to hold this debate is because I want to streghten my Faith in Islam. I just converted to Islam so I want to sort of Challenge anyone to streghten my Faith in Allah and His messengers. I belief in in the true Islam that is As Salafiyah. As some of you may interpret this as wahabism but this is far from wahabism. So,if my opponent wants to tackle me through an atheist's point of view,then you are wasting your time. I am not interested. Thank you once again
Wocambs

Con

The Instigator is being completely dishonest: he initially stated that he would "challenge anyone", where has that confident sentiment vanished to? Now he says that he is "not interested" in debating an atheist.

I believe the most appropriate course of action would be to cancel the debate. Failing that, I assume all further rounds will be forfeit and - due to the dishonesty of the Instigator - I believe I should be awarded the conduct points.
Freedom_Fighter-Irfan

Pro

Freedom_Fighter-Irfan forfeited this round.
Wocambs

Con

Islam postulates the existence of a personal God, and the existence of such a being is unsupported by any reasonable evidence. The idea that the omnipotent creator of the Universe would have a vested interest in the activities of man is aburd; equally absurd is the notion that an omnibenevolent God would suffer the existence of this world. Furthermore, the idea of morality as simply being the wishes of an omnipotent being is intensely disagreeable to me, as this is a case of 'might is right', or the logical fallacy of appealing to power.

I would be wiling to disavow my disbelief were sound defences to be made of Islam, yet I have not encountered any such defence.

I put forward this argument because it is perhaps unfair to expect voters to vote for a debater who does not debate.
Freedom_Fighter-Irfan

Pro

Wocambs

Con

Well, my opponent has forfeited again, and I am rather lazy. So back to you, my devout muslim opponent.
Freedom_Fighter-Irfan

Pro

Wocambs

Con

Wocambs forfeited this round.
Posted by Freedom_Fighter-Irfan 3 years ago
Freedom_Fighter-Irfan
I am sorry wocambs. I was out of town for a while. Truly Sorry.
Posted by Wocambs 3 years ago
Wocambs
Isn't it just.
Posted by BrandonButterworth 3 years ago
BrandonButterworth
Heck of a debate so far.