ruby025
Duncan

Is It Ever Okay To Hit A Woman

Duncan

ruby025

Con

I think it is never okay to hit a woman! The average man is much stronger than the average woman. Hitting a woman can easily knock her off of her feet, but if a woman hits a man it usually has barely any affect on the male. I think that under no circumstances is it okay to hit a female. If the woman were to come at you restraint her, you are more than likely stronger that her so hold her back, or hold her down but never ever hit a woman. I think it is sick to ever think that a man thinks it is okay to hit a woman. I have been in a abusive relationship before and he was 10 times stronger than me. I could do nothing about it! Anyone who says it is okay for a male to his a female has obviously never been man handled or beat by a man before. I feel very strongly that if a man ever touches a woman in a violent or abusive way to report it. I'm not saying if a woman hits a man it's okay, but never hit her back. Tell her that if she ever does it again you will report it, even though the chances are that it didn't even hurt. From my own experience, when a male would hit me it would knock me off my feet, but if I were to hit him he barely flinched. I say never hit a woman.
Duncan

Pro

Well Ruby, I accept your challenge and would like to open with a question, one which I hope you do not take into offense; Are you a feminist?
It does not influence the debate much, but it would assist me in understanding where your viewpoint on this subject lies. I had originally thought to agree with you on the grounds that it is never okay to hit anyone, but it is clear that you meant that it was mainly man to woman. While it is true that on average, men have more physical strength than women, wider bodies with less curves and can hide certain emotions such as sadness while having less control over aggression. There are always exceptions however, and I find it odd that my spindly form could possibly harm anyone. On the other hand, there can be... how it say it, rather butch or physically capable women who do not meet your stereotype. In places like Thailand and Spain, (source, Nationmaster.com) up to and over a tenth of reported crimes are committed by women, and while you may say that the others were all men, all I have to prove in this debate to win is that there are some occasions where it would be permissible to strike a woman, just as there are occasions for someone to strike a man. You did declare that it was never okay to hit a woman, but if I was attacked by a woman, my small frame would not be able to gently subdue her as you imagine in your stereotype of both genders. This small fraction (about 5% of the time) is still a number, which must be zer0 for your statement to be true. (and don't try to change the motion now, the title is still Is It Ever Okay To Hit A Woman).

I await your response,

Wifey McBeaty- I mean, Duncan.... yeah, Duncan.
ruby025

Con

ruby025 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Just posting this to speed up the debate because I have to wait for you to answer anyway. Unless you're like me and just forgot to check the site. That's okay too.
ruby025

Con

ruby025 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Still just fast forwarding another 24 hours of the debate.
ruby025

Con

ruby025 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Speeding up the debate.
ruby025

Con

ruby025 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

And this brings an end to the debate. I have stated my reasoning, and I have nothing to refute from our silent instigator.

Duncan.
Posted by BarbieSoFetch 2 years ago
BarbieSoFetch
I think it is okay to hit a woman, especially if she is out of line. I also think it is okay to hit a man.
Posted by Noctan 4 years ago
Noctan
@Sweetbreeze You kind of votebombed with your vote. Con forfeited all arguments, as well.
Posted by sweetbreeze 4 years ago
sweetbreeze
Abuse is unnecessary, no matter what sex, what age, what region, what religion, what race, etc.
Posted by watevas808 4 years ago
watevas808
lol. Its never okay to hit someone with the intent of hurting them. No matter what sex. I sorta understand what pro is trying to say though.
Vote Placed by Piccini 4 years ago
Piccini
ruby025DuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited
Vote Placed by THElittleRISK 4 years ago
THElittleRISK
ruby025DuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit. S&G tied. Arguments to Pro because he used statistics and facts to back them up, sources also for this.