Is Jesus God

Kween_Mac has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Jesus is not God

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, "I am God." That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus" words in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one." We need only to look at the Jews" reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: "You, a mere man, claim to be God" (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming"deity. When Jesus declared, "I and the Father are one," He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth " before Abraham was born, I am!" Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).
Posted by radz 1 week ago
Jesus Christ is God because his Father is God. Thus, the word 'God' is used as a predicative noun, that is, it describes what Jesus and the Father are. They are both divine. And since God ( = The Divine Being Ex. 3:14 L xx) is one, Jesus Christ and the Father are one, of same being (John 10:30). This Biblical truth is summarised in the 325 Nicene Creed ("of one substance with the Father").
Posted by canis 1 week ago
There is no god. But logic will say that he comitted suicide then.....
Posted by beyonder123 1 week ago
John 1:49 says, "Na"thanE7;a"el responded: "Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel."
Posted by skipsaweirdo 1 week ago
Sorry, but the phrase "I and the father are one" isn't Jesus saying he is God. It is Jesus saying his mind and gods minds work as one and the decision is first made by God and Jesus then does it...likewise.