SheaShea
abyteofbrain

Is Jesus God?

SheaShea

Pro

Is God and Jesus the same person. God is made up of three persons. There are three persons in the Godhead.

The Bible speaks of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Is Jesus God? Yes. He"s God the Son. And now let me give you some Scriptures.

The Bible says in the Beginning God made the heaven and the earth and the Bible says God said, "Let Us [plural] make man in Our [plural] image."

Later in Genesis chapter 11, speaking of the Tower of Babel, God came down and said, "Let Us go down and confound the man"s language." And then earlier God says, "Man has become like Us, to know good and evil." He [man] was driven from the Garden of Eden " so God refers to Himself as plural.

The Bible tells us that in the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. You go to the New Testament, speaking of Jesus who is The Word says, "All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made." And that"s the Gospel of John, chapter 1.
abyteofbrain

Con

The fact that There is a "trinity", and Jesus says "us" indicates that they couldn't be the same. If you're trying to debate the trinity, let me know and I'll change course (although I do believe in it). Jesus says that he is the son of God, therefore he couldn't be God.
SheaShea

Pro

Yes, I too believe in the trinity, " The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. " Amen<3 God bless
abyteofbrain

Con

abyteofbrain forfeited this round.
SheaShea

Pro

SheaShea forfeited this round.
abyteofbrain

Con

The way I understand it, for something to be something else (this is the best terminology I could think of), it must have no differences. I believe that Jesus stated that He had differences with God.
Posted by anwarmian 2 years ago
anwarmian
Dear SheaShea,
Please understand that the Semitic Languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, others) are not like Enligh where "We" in almost all cases is Plural in nature. In Arabic, for example, there are two kinds of Pronoun "We" -- 1. Plural by number and 2. Plural of respect. In the Holy Quran and also in the Holy Bible God uses "We" to refer to Himself. This "We" is a Plural of respect and not Plural of number.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
The Holy Trinity: LOL,
God had sex with his own mother, Gross!

Much prefer the Spaghetti Western Series starring Terrence Hill.
"My Name Is Trinity"
"Trinity Is My Name"
That's the only Trinity that I followed.
Posted by bencbartlett 3 years ago
bencbartlett
You should really learn to clarify your debate topics before posting them. You have given no information as to what side of the argument you are on, and haven't outlined a structure for the debate.
Posted by Diirez 3 years ago
Diirez
Circular logic.
You can't use the New Testament to prove Jesus was god.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
SheaSheaabyteofbrainTied
Reasons for voting decision: .