Chrislam
Goofball9

Is Jesus son of God?

Chrislam

Con

Bible clearly states that there is only One God and God does not have a child, God is immortal, God is free of all desires, limitation, imperfections and so on. We are openly defying Holy Bible by calling Jesus the son of the almighty Lord. Please prove me wrong
Goofball9

Pro

I may be a 12 year old but honestly ok have you heard of Mary god gave her a son and she was one who never had relationships with another guy to create a baby and when Jesus was born and he made a be sacrifice to forgive our sins to honor god to forgive our sins maybe back then most people didn"t believe him that he was Christ but he is there are so many facts that can prove it
Chrislam

Con

1st of all, before all of you announce your verdict against me, you need to understand why I'm asking this Question. Just go through the stories of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus Christ (Esa) & Anti-Christ as given in Koran & Torah (not Talmud) and match it with Holy Bible. (You may also read about Signs of Judgement Day, Adam, Virgin Mary, John, Solomon, Gog/ Magog and others)

Honestly, does anyone among you have the faintest idea about the Language in which The Holy Bible was originally written? Forget about the language, we don"t even know how many times it has been translated. Every language has its own comprehensions and limitations and meanings could drastically change while translation, depending upon the translators' understanding and mindset especially in earlier times, when only a selected few had complete mastery in multiple languages. And enemies have always been wealthy enough to pervert the true meanings. Roman Catholics, Protestants & so many other sects with different beliefs within the religion have come up as a direct consequence of this misinterpretation. Christians, Muslims & Jews have become arch-enemies of each other although their holy scriptures are the 3 three tributaries of the same river, One God (i.e.. Abrahamic religion) narrating the stories of the same men, be it- Adam, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael and the rest. These stories differ slightly but the message is the same. That ONE GOD is the GOD that Adam & Eve worshiped followed by Seth, Enoch (Idris) all the way to Noah, Abraham and so on... FYI- NOAH was also a MESSIAH to a handful of people who believed in one God and these people followed Noah (Messiah) into his arc, before the great flood. Although people may have somewhat manipulated most of the original Scriptures of these religions, (just for some extra pieces of gold. politics, power or misquote), Still You will find pretty much identical historical events being reiterated in Bible, Koran & Torah, one of them is a clear message from the Lord warning mankind that Noah's Ark will remain intact till the end of days as a sign for those who would doubt its credibility & history. The ark rests even today on Mount Jude (not very far from G"bekli Tepe) in Turkey itself.

All of you would agree that-
Adam was not the son of god although he was the first man made by God. Thus, Adam is the father of all humans as all humans came from him. This is a clear message for us that God can create a Human whenever and wherever he wills (without man or woman).We are his creation not his children. It is clearly mentioned that He has no son or daughter.

Secondly, Jesus was prophesized as a Messiah(meaning "anointed one") in many of the books revealed before his birth foretelling about the chosen one's birth who would not only orate the message of Lord which was earlier followed & spread by Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, John and others, but will also be fortified with the Heavenly Book (Holy Bible) that God revealed to him(about a thousand years after Psalms was revealed to David) and before, Torah to Moses. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are called the Abrahamic religions because they follow the religious foundation and beliefs of Abraham, who worshipped only one god. He has been praised in many of the requisite scriptures as one of the most pious follower of Thy Lord.
Thirdly, believing in God & son of god means rejecting Monotheism, which is the foundation of Abrahamic religions and in a sense, accepting Polytheism.
Now let me narrate the whole story about the birth of the great Jesus Christ-
Remember the time when Virgin Mary was visited by the holy spirit, angel Gabriel(the holy spirit) who told her about the messiah she'll give birth to & she replied- " How could this happen as no man has ever touched me, I'm a virgin". And Gabriel replied- "This is the will of thy Lord & this has already happened & this is also a sign from thy Lord for people of understanding" Nothing is impossible for thy Lord, the creator of everything.
Amen.
Goofball9

Pro

Goofball9 forfeited this round.
Chrislam

Con

The missing Links-

"Two-Source or Markan Priority View"?
The Gospels of Mark, Matthew & Luke are called Synoptic Gospels as they have certain similarities to the extent that many scholars believe that Gospel of Matthew and Luke have both sourced from Mark & another source, Q(the missing Gospel) ?
Mark's Book, Matthew's Book, Luke's Book plus John's Book are called the "Gospels". However,there is evident disparity between Johns' Gospel and the Gospels of Mark, Matthew & Luke. This only strengthens the debate about the Gospels being synopses (point of view) and not 'The Heavenly Revelations' .
It has been clearly proved that Holy Jesus Christ and others quoted in the gospels spoke primarily in Aramaic, but the gospels themselves are each written in Greek. So, Where is the 'Original Gospel" and again, " How and why did those who put the gospels in their final form expand, edit, amend, or rearrange their sources?"
Why isn't there any written account or explanation about these anywhere and, only theories relating them to lost Manuscript?

Many supporting proofs of this debate are present in the comments section of this debate which could be debated about later, if this continues. One of them is given below-
Psalms 2:7
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Also, Psalms was written when David was king of Israel, almost a 1000 years before the birth of Jesus Christ. So, if we go by this verse, then David becomes "Son of God".
One of the first comments mentioned her, did lead us to this?
Goofball9

Pro

Goofball9 forfeited this round.
Chrislam

Con

Chrislam forfeited this round.
Goofball9

Pro

Goofball9 forfeited this round.
Chrislam

Con

Chrislam forfeited this round.
Goofball9

Pro

Goofball9 forfeited this round.
Posted by AllahoAkbar 1 year ago
AllahoAkbar
@HardRockHallelujah I'm not arguing against the Qur'an, I believe what the Qur'an said that we all are God's servants and slaves, but i was explaining from the Bible that the word "Son of God" really means "Servant of God" NKJV agrees with me.
--You say " Jesus wasn't just called a "Son of God" he was called THE Son of God", I don't see any difference here unless you want to start playing with words, also Jesus (pbuh) referred to HIMSELF 88 times as the son of man, and NEVER a Son of God (Jesus not Paul).
--I'm not wrong saying God has no Sons, but you need to show me what "Son of God" really means from the Bible and not from your understanding.
-- If you claim that Jesus (pbuh) is God or God incarnate, or literally Son of God then yes God in the Qur'an is not the same God in the Bible, Jesus (pbuh) in the Qur'an is a messenger, Prophet a slave and servant of God.
-- in the Hebrew Bible God have tons of sons according to the Bible translation to the English language, but go ask a Hebrew speaking person and he will clarify to you that "Son of God" also can be translated in to "Servant of God", but as i stated in my last post that 1 word translated wrong can change millions of people understanding of their scripture.
Posted by specialrelativity101 1 year ago
specialrelativity101
Guys, neither god nor jesus exist anyway. This debate is a waste of time.
Posted by HardRockHallelujah 1 year ago
HardRockHallelujah
@AllohoAkbar

I agree with you that "Son of God" is a title simply denoting a servant or a messenger of God. But if this is really your argument, then you are arguing against your Qur'an because in Surah 5:18, 9:30 and many other places your God denies that we are the children of God period. It doesn't say "Jews and Christians are disbelievers for believing we are the sexual procreated children of God". SO if prophets were called Sons of God, then Islam is false for denying such a teaching.

Secondly, Jesus wasn't just called a "Son of God", he was called THE Son of God, big difference.

Thirdly, you are wrong when you say God has no Son.

Just read Psalm 2:7, Psalm 2:12,Proverbs 30:4, 2 Samuel 7:14, and 1 Chronicles 17:14, all of which says God does in fact have a Son, you may argue that the passages aren't talking about Jesus, but even if they weren't this contradicts what the Qur'an says, so the God of the Qur'an is not the God of the Bible.

In fact, no where in the Hebrew Bible does it even say God has no children, so you are wrong again.
Posted by AllahoAkbar 1 year ago
AllahoAkbar
"Son of God" means "Servant of God" in Hebrew, but the translator manipulate the text to serve his personal belief, here is a clear example from the bible in King James Version (Acts 3:26)" - Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."
But compare the same verse in New King James Version (Acts 3:26) - To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning every one of you away from his iniquities.

In KJV "raised up his Son Jesus" in NKJV " raised up His Servant Jesus".
Also if you want to take the word "Son of God" literally then you have to explain how many "Sons of God" does God really have;
1) Jacob is God's son and firstborn: "Israel is my son, even my firstborn" Exodus 4:22.
2) Solomon is God's son "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son": 2 Samuel 7:13-14.
3) Ephraim is God's firstborn: "for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Jeremiah 31:9 (who is God's firstborn? Israel or Ephraim?).
4) Adam is the son of God "Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38.
5) "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (King David), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.".(Psalm 2:7)

God does not need Sons or Daughters we all his slaves and servants all prophets are his slaves and servants.
(Qur'an 2:116-117)"They say, " Allah has taken a son." Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him, (117) Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is."
Posted by Bogcha 1 year ago
Bogcha
@Chrislam,

In case this debate revolves around Bible passages, then have a look here:

Psalms 2:7

Matthew 3:17
and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Mark 1:11
and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

John 5:19
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

[1] http://bible.knowing-jesus.com...
[2] http://biblehub.com...
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
If you're making this debate under the assumption that the Bible is true, you're going to have some serious problems because the Bible explicitly calls Jesus the son of God.