Banzai-chan
CiaranH

Is Justin Bieber Canada's way of saying "f you" to America?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Banzai-chan

Pro

I totally agree.
CiaranH

Con

I know I shall be pummelled into the ground for this debate, given that my fellow visitors have an IQ and are therefore less likely to like Justin Bieber, but without further ado, I shall begin my address to you all on this motion.

Now, the proposition argues that Justin Bieber is Canada's way of saying "f you" to America. I shall assume he is defining Justin Bieber as the young warbler of indeterminate gender who sings counter-tenor very well with the help of LogicStudio or other such form of autotune software, "Canada" as the country of that name situated above the United States of America, saying "f you" as insulting on behalf of said nation, and "America" as the United States of America. I shall be making a few points across the scope of this debate, among these are:
1:That Justin Bieber is merely a singer, and is not in the music business for the sake of offending a nation.
2:That as Justin Bieber's actions are not in any way made under the control of Canada, either on the part of the Government or Civilians
3:That Justin was discovered using a website (YouTube) and was brought to stardom by an American (Usher) that the real culprit behind the "f you" to America was America itself.

Now, I shall move on to my substantive case. My first point is that Justin is merely a singer, and is in the business to make money and sell out, not to offend any nation. He is a shameless, greedy idiot, I concede, but not vindictive against the United States. In fairness to Bieber, it seems he is rather popular in America too, so it's not so much a "f you" on the part of Canada, but a "thank you" from American pre-pubescent schoolgirls and substitute teachers that is due because of the actions of Justin Bieber. Think of it this way, if it wasn't him giving them entertainment, they would make it themselves by annoying you.

My second point is that as Justin is an individual human being, and not the puppet of the Canadian nation. Therefore he cannot represent Canada, or have his views seen as those of Canadians (and simultaneously all the Canadian viewers sigh with relief). His actions are his own fault, so really is it not more of a personal "f you"? And besides, given the better standards of health care etc in Canada, I believe that they would have more factually accurate and less ear-destroying "f you"'s at their disposal, should they so wish to use them, or any "f you" for that matter.

Finally, Justin was discovered using an American website, known to us all as "YouTube", and was brought into the mainstream circuit by Usher, so really it is America to blame. Sure, we can point out his nationality, but the fact is that without these inventions he would still be just an angsty teen with a webcam, as opposed to a multimillionaire angsty teen with a music career the rest of us can only dream of. So, we must see that America brought Bieber upon themselves, and the rest of us poor people, by themselves.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I urge you to avoid bias because of a dislike of this singer, and to vote in favour of the opposition in this motion. Thank you, and now I shall depart to punch myself in the face for defending Justin Bieber.

*No sources used since this debate needs none as of this early stage.
Banzai-chan

Pro

Banzai-chan forfeited this round.
CiaranH

Con

For the sake of Debating, I'll give just one more point in this round, so if my opponent decides to show up again for Round 3 they have a better, fairer chance. This point is that as people can take what they want from music, those believing it is a "f you" are only taking it as such voluntarily.

Now, we know that each of us have different opinions on different forms of music. Some may prefer Mozart to Motorhead, or Richard Strauss to Rise Against. The simple fact is that we take what we want out of forms of music. Without the ability to critique and disagree over music, all music would be the same and boring. Therefore we need to accept the different tastes and talents music shows us. We need, believe it or not, artists we don't like. Could you imagine a world without originality, with an unbreakable mold? This world would have a music taste so bland and monotonous that music itself would become pointless. So if people take what they want from music, there will be many in the country of the United States who actually like Justin. These people do not see his music as a "f you". Many take happiness, comfort and warmth from his music, and imposing our own personal beliefs on them would make us worse than he appears to us. This world is all about choice, and giving these people a choice of music to listen to is not an "f you", it is an invaluable service. So again, I urge you to oppose this motion.
Banzai-chan

Pro

Banzai-chan forfeited this round.
CiaranH

Con

CiaranH forfeited this round.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
Hahaha. I wish I would have been able to argue pro on this one. I hate Justine Bieber too much to even attempt to argue for con.
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
Yes, because he is totally a Canadian plant.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Banzai-chanCiaranHTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF... and possibly.