DOB
tvellalott

Is Kanye West a moron?

DOB

Pro

I don't know if you knew this or not, but Kanye West wrote a "book." I put "book" in sarcastic, douchey, Internet quotes because I don't know if something is technically a book if it's 52 occasionally blank pages with gems like "Get use to getting used!" taking up full pages.

When I discovered this tidbit of information,(combined with other remarkably dumb things by him), I became thoroughly convinced of Kanye West's stupidity.

First round is acceptance.

Thank you and good luck.
tvellalott

Con

Kayne West is awesome and I am here to defend his honour!
DOB

Pro

Thanks for the debate, tvellalott

Exhibit A. Kanye's book
If Kanye West is retarded, then he genuinely believes this book contains useful words to live by, and that is horrifying.
Exhibit A is, of course, the fact that his book (which includes pearls of wisdom like "I hate the word hate!"), was not written alone. That's right, this 52 page, multi-colored, spiraled collection of toilet paper was coauthored by J. Sakiya Sandifer. Why Kanye needed a second author is beyond me ("Hey, what's another word for hate?" "Hm....Hate?" "NICE!"), but it's not at all confidence-inspiring, especially when you consider what made it into the book, the saying," Get use to getting used."

In addition to that being completely stupid, it should be "used to," not "use to." Now, I'm not going to pretend my spelling and grammar are always perfect, but seriously Kanye and other author whose name I've already blocked out, there's only, like, eight different words in your entire book. You really want to make those count. There's also a beautiful irony in an author misspelling words in his debut book after he publicly denounces school and reading as useless. Wait, that's not irony. He's illiterate.
Also Kanye said that he "wouldn't want a book's autograph."
So... there's that.

Exhibit B. Kanye vs. College

For two whole albums, Kanye rails against college and education in general. At first glance, it seems likely that he detects some discrimination in Chicago's public school system. It's possible, based on his own success that occurred independent of formal schooling, that he thinks the whole system is inefficient, or that the wrong set of skills are being encouraged. That's admirable. Plenty of intelligent people embrace unschooling, a practice that seeks effective alternatives to conventional education.

But What if Kanye West is Retarded?

If Kanye West is retarded, it means that he wrote two albums attacking college because he gets frustrated with complex numbers and words that are a) longer than three syllables and b) not written in all caps.

Exhibit C.

Broadcasting from a hotel room in what he alleges is Paris ("PAREEE!"), Kanye announces that he a) has some delicious champagne, b) has his own Louis Vuitton shoe and that c) due to circumstances beyond his or anyone's control, he needs to change his name. He says "I've been called the Louis Vuitton Don," (despite the fact that the only person I've ever heard using that phrase to describe Kanye was, in fact, Kanye), but he declares that his new name shall be "Martin Louis the King... Junior." Strange, but it also means that Kanye can add shoe designer to his already impressive track record. And that sure is some kind of... something.

But What if Kanye West is Retarded?

Then it was perhaps irresponsible of us to give him champagne and leave him alone in a hotel room.

I certainly have more, but I'll let that serve as an appetizer.
tvellalott

Con

tvellalott forfeited this round.
DOB

Pro

No argument from Con.

I can understand though.
tvellalott

Con

tvellalott forfeited this round.
Posted by Chief_Sosa 3 years ago
Chief_Sosa
You better cut it out right now. Kanye West is a brilliant man!
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
I'm sorry about this debate. I had a lot of sh!t come up.