Benjiboy960
Valkrin

Is King Dedede One of the Best Characters in Super Smash Bros for Wiiu/3DS?

Started: 9/28/2015 Category: Games

Benjiboy960

Pro

Here are the rules:
1) Debaters will make their statements using lists, such as this one, but they can use any form of it (1. 2. 3. , a. b. c., etc.). I will use this one that the rules are made of.
2) THERE IS TO BE ABSOLUTELY NO FORM OF ANY CRUDE, CRUEL, HARASSING, OR IMMORAL LANGUAGE OR REFERENCES THEREOF.
3) Debaters will list at least one source of information to back up their arguments. The same source can be used for different arguments, but a source must be listed on all arguments made.
4) The category says games; however, pretend it says video games or something similar.

My first argument is that King Dedede is not low on the smashboards tier list. he is #26 of 48. Here is the link: http://smashboards.com... There is another tier list I would like to mention, which can be found at http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net..., And King Dedede is one of the second best characters.
Valkrin

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

Here are some reasons why Dedede is NOT considered one of the best:

Preface: Tier Lists

Opponent seems to think that if you place a character somehwere on a tier list, they automatically are top tier or low tier, which is false. In this case, it's the former. Just because people have placed Dedede high on a tier list does not automatically make him one of the best characters in Sm4sh. He needs more than just a spot on a virtual list that could be changed by anyone to be good.

With that in mind, since opponent didn't elaborate much on his arguments, I'll keep mine to the basics:

Dedede's moves, albeit powerful, come out very slowly. This gives the opponent plenty of time to react by shield grabbing, dodging, or airdidging. He is especially weak against characters with fast moves and constant combos, such as Sheik, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, and many other characters with fast attacks. He's also easily comboed due to his hurtbox size and weight.

Also, while he has excellent range, anyone who excels his optimal range pretty much beats him. This includes characters such as Shulk, DK, and any character with a projectile. Because Dedede isn't excellent at approaching due to his slow attacks and speed, people simply have to wait for him to try to approach, and then they can combo him pretty easily.

So already he has two huge disadvantages from those two factors alone.

I'll give my opponent more time to elaborate on his arguments before the next round. Good luck!
Benjiboy960

Pro

Benjiboy960 forfeited this round.
Valkrin

Con

I extend, and I will wait for opponent to post the next round of his debate. Please disregard this round unless opponent forfeits again.
Benjiboy960

Pro

Benjiboy960 forfeited this round.
Valkrin

Con

My opponent has completely forfeited his side of the debate.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I suggest you change your argument on the rankings. #26 is pretty low.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Sorry.

Lol, what a lie from me.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I see how it is, Benji. This time I won't hesitate to make an argument.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
Someone please accept my debate! I finally found a subject I would be good at!