jwrighter
sdavila

Is Madea Guilty of Killing her Children

jwrighter

jwrighter

Pro

Can you imagine anything as horrible as killing a child, a child so innocent with their entire lives ahead of them and everything to live for? Is it even possible to imagine that someone would even have the capabilities to do so? Any rational person would see this as wrong and something that should not be done. But there is one person who did not see this as a problem and her name is Medea.
Medea is a killer who did not kill just anyone, she killed her own children. How can it even be possible that someone would be able to just go right up to their children, children so innocent and take their lives right from them just like that. These children deserved to feel safe in their mothers arms and instead those very same arms ended their lives. It is hard to imagine that anyone would be able to comprehend this and think that it is not a problem and that it is ok. This monster Madea is just that person a person who sees nothing wrong with her actions and must be punished to the fullest for the crimes that she has commuted.
Of course their were issues, everyone has issues but is it right to get her children tangled up in personal matters with another person and then have the life sucked right from them? I think not. Madea is a killer a cold blooded killer.
You can argue that madea was acting because of issues with Jason and Jason actually drove her to commit these acts because of his "disloyalty". She wants people to believe that because of him she was driven to commit these acts. But let me ask you something if you are going to say that is true--Ultimately who killed the children? it sure has not Jason I can assure you of that-It was Medea Herself
Madea was not able to face the reality of the situation and took a way out that she believed was the right thing to do but as any rational person can conclude it's the wrong thing.
Medea even stated quote "they must certainly die" on page 111 of the text
sdavila

Con

The death of anyone is indeed a tragedy and death should not be placed on no one. Medea is someone who clearly did not think things through clearly. Children are innocent and deserve the love of their mother but Medea is someone with severe issues that not many people have. Medea dealt with a lot of personal issues that could drive anyone to snap in a instant. Is it right, of course not, but someone like Medea wasn't thinking things clearly which ultimately lead to the death of her children. Whenever someone is stressed or has a lot of personal matters going on, our emotions, our feelings, our mind get the best of us; it takes over control and when we reach a certain point, it snaps and we lose control of ourselves and whatever happens, simply happens out of our control. Our minds are very difficult to understand and we often lose control very quickly. For Medea's case, she dealt with a lot. It is a lot for women to carry children and then care for them when they don't have enough support. It is often said that children change our lives and indeed this was case for Medea. In Medea's life, she was betrayed by Jason when he expressed intention of marrying a king's daughter when he was in a harmonious relationship with Medea. They had two kids together and everything seemed perfectly well. It was clear that Medea couldn't take the emotional breakdown brought on by Jason, which lead to the events of her children being killed. This is simply a case of insanity, which drove Medea to do the acts she did. Normally a killer wouldn't admit to doing something wrong like killing someone but she was perfectly clear by saying "I know that what I am about to do is bad" and that all of this simply revolves around her losing her mind and snapping, leading to killing her children.
jwrighter

Pro

Hmm? So your argument is going to be because she has a "rough life" it's ok to take the life of an innocent children. Why can't all people just say that. Well I had a rough life so why don't I just kill my kids today that will show my husband who's boss? Yea Ok. The fact of the matter is someone who is angry at someone if they are marrying a kings daughter or what you do not take the life of a child especially your own. The simple fact was this was a terrible act by a terrible individual and she needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent possible and made even have the same punishment dealt to her that she seemed to want to give to these kids innocent to the world.
Sure Jason was going off and marrying the Kings daughter by he was doing it for good reasons. Perhaps this would have been a good thing for Media and her kids and made the influence of the royal family would have brought good fortune to the kids and Maybe even Medea. But will they ever have the chance to see if that is true? No, and the reason if because of a selfish mother. Perhaps Jason was doing something that was for the better of the family.
There is no doubt in my mind that she has got some serious issues especially with her saying " I know what I am doing is wrong but anger is the master of my plans" That's just great ever time we get angry lets just take out the kids, I am saying that there are other ways to go about this problem and Medea choose to go about it completely wrong. She is Guilty.
sdavila

Con

Yes, it is true that everyone can a rough life but everyone's definition of it is different. It all is a matter of how that life takes over the person's being. In Medea's case, there is very clear psychological problems that are taking place that may have constituted her having a difficult life. The severity of Jason's actions took a toll on Medea, which caused her to snap. If you and I were hurt badly by someone we know or care for and it hurt us so bad that it could psychologically impair or damage us, it could be possible that we could do something that we may not be proud of. Jason did damage to Medea, it hurt her so bad that it did cause her to kill her kids. In that case, it should be clear that she is labeled as insane. We can't instantly assume that she is guilty when there is more to the case than just killing her kids. There is a background of information and events that took place that got Medea to where she stands now. Jason harmed her by expressing interest in marrying another woman when he was in a relationship with her and has two children. If your in that situation, you must faithful with that person. Jason wasn't, there was no faith in the relationship and it drove Medea mad because of it. Jason did good damage when Medea has to fight for the protection of her children from him, like when she said "I swear I'll never leave these children for my enemies to insult and torture!" Medea may have tried protecting the children from Jason cause he could harmed them even worse than what he did to her. But the damage caused by him made her go insane which lead to the killing of the children. She must not be declared guilty of the killings, but rather labeled as insane and receive the necessary help possible.
jwrighter

Pro

Alright so according to your logic it's like saying, well I had a bad day today or that person is being mean to me so it's ok let me just kill my kids to get back at them because after all it's all in my head. Come on this woman is guilty as the night is dark. Personally I don't care if Jason was the meanest person in the world to Medea that still does not time you a right to kill innocent children, children who ere just starting out in this world and will now never have the opportunity to see what life has for them and what life is all about.
I will give that Jason possibly should have been more devoted to Medea but he was not trying to keep her out of his life completely, he still wanted to keep her around but he was going to marry the Queens daughter and make a better life for his family possibly in the mean time by doing this, but we will never know what the outcome will be. A person can be pushed to the point of a breakdown yes, but there comes a need to control that and think somewhat logically. The damage may have caused her to go "Temporarily insane" as you claim Steve but I don't think this is true. She knew full well what she was doing and she made the decision to be a cold blooded killer, plain and simple.
sdavila

Con

Its a lot more than just being mean. Some peoples emotions cause them to reach certain limits and then snap and whatever as a result may not be the best outcome. It should matter that Jason is a cruel, selfish person who didn't care about Medea. If he didn't do what he did to her, the children would still be alive and Medea wouldn't be in the situation she is in. We could very easily say that if someone kills another person, they admit to the killing, and then they are instantly guilty for killing that person. That's simple. But for Medea, this is a cry for help. She killed her children because Jason was doing her wrong, he was being a selfish and didn't her needs before his. If your in a relationship and you have kids with that person, there is a matter of loyalty you must have. If you hurt someone and it mentally scars them, you know you did something completely wrong. It is Jason's fault for causing Medea to kill her kids. She is crying for help and she will get the help she needs if we simply say she can be labeled as insane. What justice are we doing if we just instantly say "Medea is guilty, the end"? We're not solving anything. Medea needs help. Anyone who commits something horrible and is forward with admitting, at least deserves the insanity plea and will receive the help that is needed for her.
jwrighter

Pro

So just becuase Jason did her wrong thats an excuse to go and kill her kids. Thats like saying to someone well you did me wrong and hurt me, so to get back at you I am going to kill your children. Hello??
Madea is a crazed person who was blined by the reality of the situation. She is completly out of touch in what is really going on in rwailty and I feel bad for her. Jason could have been the worst person in the whole world but I think that any resonable person would agree that you do not take the life of any person, especially a person who is to small and defenseless to help themselves. It's a terrible situation.
I belive though when it all comes down to it Medea is a sick person who wanted to get back at the one she loved and used her kids as part of her sick game. Ultimatly it is a bad situation and she should be found guilty and charged with these crimes.
sdavila

Con

But keep in mind, everybody is different. Everyone handles everything different. Just because Medea handled Jason's selfishness by killing her kids doesn't mean you and I are going to do the same. Every body is different and we all act differently. Jason is a horrible person for doing this Medea. He caused her pain, suffering, and disloyalty. She is mentally unstable and needs help, which is why she should be labeled as insane. Its easy to go about by saying she's guilty but she is insane and needs the necessary help that will help her get better so this issue doesn't happen again. She chose a path that not many people would take after the events that occurred in her life. Indeed, it is a rough one for Medea. Don't simply say that she is guilty of infanticide and put her away for an eternity to think about what she has done. Go and say she is insane so she can receive help that is necessary for her and will benefit for her. She is human and no human is ever perfect. Everybody has done something they may not be proud of. Even if it was a small incident that wasn't meant to occur, doesn't make us nonhuman, it just makes us learn from our mistakes. Infanticide is a major thing to occur, but this was the result of a woman who dealt with being in a relationship with a man who hurt her mentally because he was selfish and disloyal by attempting to marry another woman within the kingdom, with the woman he is currently in a relationship with still in his life. Her actions don't make her perfect, it makes insane and needs the very best help she can get so this type of accident doesn't occur again.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>saw "Madea..."

Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
jwrightersdavilaTied
Reasons for voting decision: con contradicted himself